stephen king
  love his books.
  hate that stuff.
  eh, he's ok.
  never read any of his books.
View Results

riloh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:12 pm
stephen king isn't known for writing deep, symbolic literature. he writes stories. horror stories usually, but definitely not always.

anyway, i've read nearly everything he's written, including the recent (and horrible) CELL. The Stand is probably my favorite. an epic tale of survival, betrayal, good vs evil; very much the quintessential King novel.

anyone a king fan?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:10 pm
I've only read the first part of The Green Mile. It was okay.  

springrollman

serenity_skater

2,050 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:18 am
stephen king has some rly good stories out..nvr read his books but ive seen alot of his movies =)
hes soo creative  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:52 pm
I've only read a couple so far... but they're pretty good..... the movies aren't nearly as good as the books though.  

Empyreal Wolf

The Horologist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:45 am
I haven't read anything by him yet, but I'm thinking of buying somthing to start me off.
I want to buy 1408 but I guess I'll ask you all.
What's the best book to start with?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:35 am
Kunnai
I haven't read anything by him yet, but I'm thinking of buying somthing to start me off.
I want to buy 1408 but I guess I'll ask you all.
What's the best book to start with?

Actually, 1408 is a short story that is in a collection of 14 other short stories. The book holding the tales is called "Everything's Eventual." I say you should started with that so you could read "1408" and read others. I say, even if it were all short stories, they actually were quite good and one or two could provide a good shiver or two. I mean "Autopsy Room Four" gave me a shiver (The short story is basically the modern take on one of the Alfred Hitchcock episodes about a paralyzed man who can't move who is close to being used as a subject in Autopsy). Also I do recommend "Cell", it is a some-what new take on zombies, but I can't say if it is good 'till the end, I'm still reaading it.  

Scrub Sauce

P!NKIE

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:36 pm
    I've read "The Shining" I also saw the movie after I read it. The book is better, the film is overrated and frankly not that good imo.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:18 am
Cell is the only book I have ever stoped reading half way through it was soo stupid

my fave book of his is Cujo  

Shelby Pierre-San

WickedDaddi

6,800 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:34 pm
Steven King's work is one of my inspirations. He also directs his movies from his books. Dreamcatcher was good.  
Books/Movies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games