Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Are you my mother? (Cherie and Meeki)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:37 am
User Image

Always, in the night, he could find the big, red stallion. His coat glittered like a jewel on fire, and even in the moonlight the shimmering facets could be found. Little Bane followed him. He followed his mama, too, but for some reason, was drawn to the tall, strong figure. He felt safe when he was in his wake. Safe, and secure. Sometimes there was speech between them, or between his mama and papa (Papa was the big, red stallion) and then he listened, and learned what he could from the speech. With wide, curious eyes, the foal learned. What did it mean to be like the shining one? Did it make him stronger? Faster? More intelligent? He believed that it did, and silently worshiped his father. One day, he wanted to be just like him.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:49 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Rötschreck was proud. He wasn't sure if he had ever felt this proud before. Nothing was like having a son follow him around and idolize him. It was a new experience to him and one he found he looked forward to every day. Perhaps it was because this breeding was a little more genuine. It wasn't necessarily to increase the herd and raise true Kalona. Though he loved all his foals (though he wasn't sure if he had ever made that fact public), little Bane struck a stronger cord in his heart.

This would be the son he would raise to be like him. This was the son that would protect the herd in the future when it was time for him to retire. He had the passion in his heart and the motivation and want to do great things. Such big things for a little Kalona. Rot truly couldn't be more proud.

"Protecting the herd is perhaps one of the most important things you can do, Bane," he said as he walked in front of the foal. "Everyone relies on the protector to keep them safe. There's a lot of dangers lurking around at all moments so one always has to keep alert. That will be your duty one day, if you want it."

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:05 am
His Papa wanted him to take his place when he retired? Really? Bane felt like he was ten times bigger, and ten times stronger, and ten times more intelligent than before. He puffed up his little chest, and pranced a bit. "Really, Papa? Can I really?" He wanted to be like his father, and make everyone safe. Mama trusted Papa to do that very thing, and maybe one day, she'd trust him, too! If he learned everything he could from the big, red stallion, perhaps he would be prepared for it. "What kind of dangers, Papa?" He couldn't keep from beaming, taking everything that Rötschreck said to heart.

He knew the stallion was wise. Hadn't Mama said as much at times? And he'd seen him in action, even, protecting the herd. The herd was important, like a really big family, and it needed protecting. He couldn't quite understand the reasons yet, but he would soon, he hoped. "Why are there dangers?" It was an innocent enough question. They were Kalona. They were strong. Was there something stronger, more fearsome out there? Something that he would need to be careful of?

Bane ate up Rot's words, hoping that they would teach him to be the way he needed to be to be like him. Why did the big red one seem so gentle, compared to other adult Kalona that he'd met? Maybe he was strong enough, and powerful enough that he didn't feel like he had to use it on others, unless his family was threatened. Was that right? Maybe he just... knew enough to get out of conflicts without a fight. For Bane had never seen him fight before.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:30 am
"The biggest threat are the Skinwalkers, Bane. They are not like us. They can take the form of an animal at night and a soquili by day, so you have to be on your guard. When they are similar to us, they have a wolf pelt on their body and head. Though I suppose it could be any type of animal. I don't know which form is more deadly. They have a viciousness to them that is unmatched, even by our own kind." Rot hoped he didn't scare his son but he had to be honest.

"The other races are a threat as well," he continued. "They don't like the power we have and the way we took claim to some land around here. Also.. we tend to annoy them at any chance, so I guess it's deserved." This brought a short, quick chuckle out of the ruby stallion. "The two leggers usually fear us, which works in our favor but you can never be too sure when they may decide to strike us anyway. Sometimes fear drives both the two-leggers and other soquilis into irrational acts." Rot took a moment to catch his breath. He liked how natural conversation felt with his son.

"They key is to expect anything, Bane, because in this world, anything can and does happen. You need to follow your instinct in all situations. We have the ability to know when danger is near, we can just feel it, and though sometimes the first instinct is to fight or run, you have to play it smart. Do what is best for the herd because their safety is the responsibility of the protector. It's the one thing we cannot fail at."

Rot grinned sheepishly as he felt like he talked his sons ear off but he had asked. And now Rot would answer his second question, "There are dangers because we have different beliefs and a way of dealing with things than most of the other races. They don't agree with our actions. Of course, that doesn't bother us because we don't agree with theirs either."

He turned back to smile at his son before continuing his patrol around their land. He liked that Bane was so curious. A good protector had to be a thinker. Instinct is a big part of it but having a brain to rely on was equally important.

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:14 pm
Wow. His Papa knew a lot about what he did. He really, really did. Bane was eager to learn more in his quest to become just like him. Well, as close as he could come. Nobody could be just like Rötschreck. Nobody. He'd put his father on a pedestal, and it seemed that Rot didn't mind too much, if at all. "Papa, those Skinwalkers sound scary. Are they really more vicious than we are? Even Anevay?" For he had briefly met the mare in his wanderings with his Mama. "Is there any way we can overcome them? Do they listen when you talk to them?" He was full of questions. He just couldn't stop himself. "I heard somebody say that they could go 'round without the fur things, too. ... I guess that makes them more dangerous, huh?" He struggled with the big words, having a bit of trouble with some of them. He didn't want to be afraid! He wanted to be brave just like the big, red stallion.

Bane followed Rot as he continued his patrol, making sure to listen to everything he said. "Ruin says that I gotta 'feel' for things. Is that like following my instincts?" His older brother had told him that each race had a different 'feel', and a scent, too. "I guess that means that the Skinwalkers feel scary?" Maybe. If he was right, then he'd know how to avoid one. ... Wouldn't he? But sometimes, he'd have to not avoid them, so he could keep others safe. Wasn't that what his Papa was saying? He had to think about things, play it smart. Frowning slightly, the little foal wondered what that would mean. What would be best for the herd. "How do I know what's best for the herd, Daddy?" It sounded so complicated. He hoped he wouldn't disappoint his parents. Flicking his ears forward, he waited to hear what his father had to say about all of it. Surely, he'd know just what to say.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:39 am
Rötschreck considered the question for a moment before responding, "Well, Bane, most of them are more vicious than we are, even Anevay, but there's an occasional weak link even in their race. Some aren't quite vicious at all. It's much like our own race, I suppose. There's some among us that.. are pretty damn embarassing. As for overcoming them, we'd have to find out just how many there are. They hide in the shadows and when they usually come out, it's to strike. We haven't been able to estimate their number yet and we would need a damn good plan. As for talking to them, I don't think many have talked to a Skinwalker and lived or if they did, it was because the Skinwalker chose not to kill them. I guess that's not so far off from the Kalona way." Rot paused for a moment and lowered his head to nuzzle his son. "I will tell you one thing, Bane. If ever a race could fight a Skinwalker and win, it would be a Kalona. It's rare to see a Skinwalker without the fur thing, I think that ties into their ability to turn into animals but yes, it is possible. When that happens, you have to trust your instinct. You can sense danger. The more you concentrate and train that skill, the easier it will be for you."

The large stallion sighed softly to himself. The thought of the Skinwalkers had never bothered him much until now. Now he was starting to feel that that the safety of his son could be at risk one day. "When you run into a Skinwalker, you will feel threatened. It's very rare for our race to feel that way at all, so if you feel that Bane, if you sense anything scary at all, I want you to run. At least while you're a foal, okay? Promise your daddy this. There's time enough to charge ahead when you're fully grown. It's only at that time that you -- or anyone else -- would be able to stand a chance. There's nothing wrong with being smart. That's what a protector has to do. Brains over brawn but more than enough brawn to keep the peace by force if necessary." Rot hoped he wouldn't lose admiration by telling his son to run but the thought of his son trying to bravely fight a Skinwalker to prove himself brought a fear deep within him.

After a few more paces, Rot started up again, "Scent is very important. Eventually, you will not only be able to tell what race is in the area, but who it specifically is as well. It's very useful." He smiled at the amount of questions that kept coming forth from his son. "A herd relies heavily on the Alpha, son. So you'll know what's best for the herd based on the wants of the alpha. In our herd, that's your mom. She's damn good at what she does. If you can admire your alpha, it will make the job easier. A protector makes sure that the decisions of the alpha are followed, there's no fights, and that everyone remains safe. So you won't be alone, son. It takes teamwork. It may be a hard thing for a Kalona to come by but when met, it makes us all the stronger. We are the leading Kalona herd. There may be whispers about how we work together wheras most Kalona like to fly solo but there's strength in numbers. When the Kalona find themselves in danger, it's your moms herd that will be relied on for help. It's only a matter of time before a war breaks out among the races."

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:44 am
Bane chewed on his lip, and thought about what his dad had said. Papa was far too brave, and strong to be cowardly. He respected him too well to think that. That meant that that advice, telling him to run, was the smart thing to do. Maybe his Papa thought that he wasn't big or strong enough to handle a Skinwalker. The way that Rot talked about them, they sounded really, really scary, like they could hurt even him! Could they really hurt his daddy? Unnerved, the foal considered those things, suddenly frightened for the safety of his family. "Papa... if there's some Skinwalkers, will they come find us? Nobody else has a Kalona herd, I think. Maybe... maybe they'll think we're a threat?" The idea scared him, but he didn't want to be afraid. He nuzzled up against his father, and tried to be brave. He was only a little foal, but he wanted to be so much stronger.

"Would Mama be afraid of the Skinwalkers?" he wondered, wondering if he was the only one who was afraid. That would be shameful. "Would they... could they hurt her?" That would be awful! He didn't want his mama hurt, or even Domnu. They were both smaller than his dad, and that meant that maybe they were in more danger. But... he thought his mother and sister were pretty strong, too. "What 'bout Hex? Could they hurt Hex too?" Oh, he hated that idea. Hex was the only brother who was his age, even though he spent so much time around Anevay, and he didn't want him to be hurt. The colt was getting a little paranoid now, young enough that the idea of Skinwalkers set him off.

No, his family was too smart, too strong to be hurt like that. ... But what about the others of their herd? What about Necro, and Misery, and Xemnas, and Toku? Was that the stallion's name, Toku? He couldn't remember. He'd barely seen head or hide of him. Necro was his mama's friend, though, so he knew about her. "Daddy, can't we fly away from them? They can't fly, can they?" But he couldn't fly, could he? His wings were not big enough, not strong enough yet. The adults could. Hmm. That was a problem. He needed to learn how to fly. "If I can smell 'em, then I can know to go away, right? And then, I can go away, and tell you or Mama that I smelled one." Yeah, that would be good. Nobody would get hurt, then, and maybe they'd have enough warning to get away, or put up a defense.

From the way his daddy talked, being smart was really important. It seemed to make the difference between staying alive and being dead. "Will they really rely on us, Papa? Will they come to us, when they need help?" He was very proud of his race, and proud of his mama's herd. Kalona were everything that was good about being a Soquili, weren't they? The way Mama talked, they were. And Ruin, too. Even his dad said those things. That meant they were true. He just knew it. "Are there any other Kalona herds, even though nobody talks about them? Would they go to those herds instead?" Or was his own family herd the one they would come to? It could be. He didn't know. Bane smiled hesitantly at his dad, thinking of all the things he'd said. "Papa, are there really weak Kalona?" It was such a fanciful notion, he almost couldn't believe it.  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games