My Chemical Romance News (UPDATED!) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gerard! at the Disco
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:28 pm
Post anything you may hear about the band, whether it be rumour or not, and we'll pick it to pieces, with L!z's help.

Particularly if Mikey will be on PR.

that's what I wanna know.

>.<

and you can always visit www.mychemicalromance.com

for games, news, and whatnot.

also, try imnotokay.net for member biographies, and tons of cute icons.

HUGE NEW UPDATE:

My Chemical Romance's Gerard Way has told Rock Sound that he expects the band's next album to be more stripped down and raw than 'The Black Parade'.

"I think the next record will probably be smaller and cheaper!" he told us. "With 'The Black Parade' we just tried to make the biggest record of the year. It was nothing to do with whether it was a commercial success or not. We just wanted to make the biggest record we could. Now it's probably about reversing that and making a record that's, maybe, tracked live. Something more raw but not necessarily more punk. It'll be simpler but not necessarily more aggressive."

"We put everything into 'The Black Parade'," drummer Bob Bryar added. "And I don't think we can top that in that direction. We tried every single thing we had, every idea and every instrument. So it's going to be something that's completely different. We need to finish this touring and then just take a break because we went right from doing the touring on the last record into the studio and then we started touring again."

The band also told us that their increasing popularity means that it's harder to meet their fans than it used to be. "When the number of people that's coming to your shows increases, the number of people waiting outside afterwards increases, bassist Mikey told us. "Sometimes you can't do it because it's not safe. It's really all about the safety of the kids. Sometimes you'll go out there and kids will start rushing towards you or start climbing on top of each other and it's a situation where people can get hurt. Venue security and our guys assess whether it's safe to go out but we still do it as much as we can because those are the people that support us and keep us going. Without them we're nothing."

(Taken from the Rock Sound website)

Fashion Against AIDS
H&M and Designers Against Aids are launching a new clothing range in order to raise awareness about HIV/AIDS. MyChem are supporting this and have their own t-shirt in this range; it will be available from February 2008! Click here for more info.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

NEW MEMBER OF MCR!
James Dewees has revealed he will be becoming a full time member of MyChem for the new album, playing as the official keyboardist. The band have said he will not join until 2009.

User Image

Ain't he a hottie? <3

RAY TORO TYING THE KNOT?
In a recent interview with Ray Toro, he dicusses the bands marital statuses and destroying hotel rooms.
listen here

GRAMMY TIME?
Yes, you heard it. My Chemical Romance have been nominated for a Grammy. However, not what we expected.

Category 89
Best Boxed Or Special Limited Edition Package

The Black Parade - Special Edition
Matt Taylor, Ellen Wakayama & Gerard Way, art directors (My Chemical Romance) [Reprise Records]

MAMA VIDEO
Again, there were lots or questions of the upcoming 'Mama' video. The latest update on the video is that someone recently met Frank at a gig and asked him about the video and he said that they hadn't even filmed the video yet and he doesn't know when they will.

it has also been confirmed that there will be one more single off TBP coming soon.

NO BREAK FOR MCR?

In a recent magazine interview, Gerard stated that they would be releasing another album soon-possibly late this year!
Will they come through, or stick to their previous statement and take a well-deserved break? Only time will tell. Read interview (link coming as soon as Photobucket will work)

MY CHEM SET TO HEADLINE BAMBOOZLE

It has been confirmed that My Chemical Romance will be headlining The Bamboozle Left in Irvine California.

The break is going super well for them.

NEW MY CHEM DVD

My Chemical Romance will be releasing a CD/DVD titled 'The Black Parade Is Dead: Live' due for release on 31/03/2008.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:14 am
Quote from MCRmy_Ninja:

C'mon army! icon_ninja.gif

http://music.aol.com/sessions-under-cover

You can vote as many times as you like.

We seem to be stuck on 28% but please don't give up!

LizzyMinaj
Crew

LizzyMinaj
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:15 am
Ah, Mikey news.

Well, surprise surprise.
Mikey actually never went on honeymoon.
He is back in NJ with Alicia, just staying at home for the remainder of the BP tour. He should be back for the PR tour, but for now, he is having some "emotional problems" again and will be home for awhile.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:24 am
Okay guys, time for news updates!

Teenagers has finally been released on MTV's TRL, so please go and vote!
Let's get Teenagers to #1!! We reined victory with FLW, so we can do it with Teenagers!!
Go to mtv.com to vote!

Vote for MCR in the AOL undercover sessions! Yellowcard is beating us!

http://music.aol.com/sessions-under-cover/

Oh and also, Teenagers is up for MTV's battle of the videos. Go here and vote!

http://www.mtvbattleofthevideos.com/

Otherwise, almost all PR locations have gone on sale, so go out and buy your tickets!
I wanna see you guys there! (Specially if you'r going to San Diego or San Bernadino) lol

xoxo
L!z

LizzyMinaj
Crew

Gerard! at the Disco
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:21 pm
thanks, L!z.

for posting those before i had to go through the trouble.

you're a HUGE help.

i mean this.

xD

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:38 am
chula2oo5
Ah, Mikey news.

Well, surprise surprise.
He is back in NJ with Alicia, just staying at home for the remainder of the BP tour. He should be back for the PR tour, but for now, he is having some "emotional problems" again and will be home for awhile.

Awe. =[

Where'd you read that at?  

fluckyroo

Crew

Friendly Friend

8,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

MCRmy_Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:46 am
Aol tips.

Refresh the screen every now and again, it makes it run quicker.
Close down everything else. Yes, even this forum unelss you have something important to say. If you wanna listen to music stick the radio or your ipod on.
Hover over the vote button and as soo as it turns blue again CLICKO. You can see how we're doing by the name that is in bolded letters.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:23 am
does it make me a bad fan if i don't care whether MCR wins some random internet vote?  

diet otaku

Mega Genius

14,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Mark Twain 100

Gerard! at the Disco
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:24 am
no.

but it's fun to do.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:40 pm
chriis chaos
chula2oo5
Ah, Mikey news.

Well, surprise surprise.

Awe. =[

Where'd you read that at?

my friend talks to frank and eliza, and such and so do i. smile  

LizzyMinaj
Crew

LizzyMinaj
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:41 pm
Gerard! at the Disco
thanks, L!z.

for posting those before i had to go through the trouble.

you're a HUGE help.

i mean this.

xD

of course! *hugs*  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:30 am
diet otaku
does it make me a bad fan if i don't care whether MCR wins some random internet vote?

It's not just a vote we're voting so they can hopefully perform an acoustic aol session. It's market research by aol.  

MCRmy_Ninja

LizzyMinaj
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:09 pm
MCR News and Updates!!

Hi guys! Just here to make some MCR updates. Enjoy!

Kerrang awards are coming up again and there are 4 categories you can vote for My Chem in!!
Go here to vote!!
http://www.kerrangawards.com/kerrangawards/

Latest interview with Gerard discussing their upcoming new album

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y20/finchgirl70/newalbum.jpg

And please, go to MTV.com and vote for the Teenagers video on TRL!! Let's get back to #1!!!

Oh and btw people, exciting news!! The making of the Teenagers video will be aired on FUSE July 19th at 8 pm on the show D-Fused followed by an episode of Loaded with My Chem.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:21 am
ew, they called them emo. D:  

diet otaku

Mega Genius

14,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Mark Twain 100

LizzyMinaj
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:54 pm
MCR News and Updates for the Month smile

Hello everyone. smile Time for updates again!! Hope everyone is enjoying the PR shows, they are tons of fun, make sure to go!!!! Anyways, here we go.

Nominations for this year's Kerrang! Awards were exclusively announced today at the Kerrang! Day Of Rock, which was held at London's Oxford Street Virgin Megastores (the Official Retail Partner for the Kerrang! Awards). The Kerrang! Awards are set to take place on Thursday 23 August at The Brewery and promise to deliver what most expect from the Kerrang! Awards - a night of rock 'n' roll excess and definitely a night to remember!

The boys are up for:
BEST SINGLE - WTTBP
BEST ALBUM - TBP
BEST INTERNATIONAL BAND

Go here to vote: http://www.kerrangawards.com/kerrangawards

Tune in to MTV2's 'Rock The Deuce Countdown,' hosted by Gerard. He will show his favorite rock videos between 7-10 p.m. Don't miss it, it plays this Saturday, which means TOMORROW.

Also, go to fuse.com and vote for the Teenagers music video. Keep it up there!!!

No new news for now, the boys are still on PR, Mikey will come back soon to tour as they still have more touring to do, and Gerard is moving to Oregon. Have a great day!!!!  
Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff