Back to Guilds

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Dumbledore's Army, Marauders, Magic 

Reply Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics
Sixth Year Potions (SPOILER-POLL TOO) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which of these is "Liquid Luck"? (Please answer before reading posts)
Felix Felicis
100%
 100%  [ 36 ]
Draught of Living Death
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Amortentia
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Polyjuice
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Veritaserum
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 36

darkangeloflight14

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:52 am
Did anyone notice how touchy Hermione was this year in Potions? Especially since Harry was making everything correctly. Heck, I would've been proud that Harry was doing so well. And that Felix Felicis? Heck, I'd pay dearly to have a small vial of "Liquid Luck".  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:43 am
But he wasn't doing well on his own merit. He was doing well because he had extra instructions in his Potions book. I don't blame Hermione for being upset with him over that; it was definitely nothing to be proud of him for.  

-okonomiyaki o konomu-

Empress_Kat
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:54 am
KirikoAkushi
But he wasn't doing well on his own merit. He was doing well because he had extra instructions in his Potions book. I don't blame Hermione for being upset with him over that; it was definitely nothing to be proud of him for.

Well, in prior years she was all about helping Neville, and flipped whenever Severus had a problem with that, so she's holding double standards here a bit.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:23 pm
Empress_Kat
KirikoAkushi

Well, in prior years she was all about helping Neville, and flipped whenever Severus had a problem with that, so she's holding double standards here a bit.

True, but Slughorn was making Harry out to be a Potions genius, which he most certainly was not. Snape, on the other hand, was well aware that Neville was being helped, so there was no undue credit given to him, but I suppose to Hermione, that was better than simply messing up horribly. Not that I think Hermione was completely justified in this; there is still somewhat of a double standard, and I imagine pride was a bit of a factor in how she reacted to Harry. However, Harry definitely wasn't in the right himself, so she still shouldn't have been proud of him, either.  

-okonomiyaki o konomu-

Sakura_kura
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:46 pm
Yes, I believe that Hermonie was fully justified by being upset at how Harry was wrongfully getting everything right.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:03 pm
Sakura_kura
Yes, I believe that Hermonie was fully justified by being upset at how Harry was wrongfully getting everything right.

See, I disagree. I figure, he was still brewing the potions himself, he was just getting a little help. Even the part with the bezoar, he technically figured it out by himdelf, he was just reminded by the Prince.  

Empress_Kat
Crew

[~Uzumaki_Naruto~]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:38 pm
I think Hermoine has every right to be "touchy" with Harry in Slughorn's Potion Class. I mean, wouldn't you be upset if you were the smartest but because someone's "cheating" by using a special book you weren't anymore?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:40 am
Hermione was sooooo jelous.  

chompygirl692

Isotropes

Magnetic Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:50 am
Sakura_kura

Agreed. Agreed to the fullest.

Although I admit I would have used the book for myself... Because it would make life a lot easier even if I wasn't doing it on my own acord, or using my own talent.

But I think after a while I would feel guilty and try and live without it... allthough I don't know how well that would work out after using it for so long.

Overall, I think I would be agrivated if I were in Hermione's shoes.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:10 am
I think Hermione was right. She didn't really have a double standard because even though Neville needed help she didn't give him useful hints or anything. She made the directions clearer or repeated some directions because Neville got mixed up. Harry on the other hand was just taking another person's work and getting credit for it. No double standard and she had a right to be angry.  

ragond

Isotropes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:21 am
ragond
I think Hermione was right. She didn't really have a double standard because even though Neville needed help she didn't give him useful hints or anything. She made the directions clearer or repeated some directions because Neville got mixed up. Harry on the other hand was just taking another person's work and getting credit for it. No double standard and she had a right to be angry.

Exactly. Harry stole. Neville just was aided.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:22 pm
I'll interject a reminder here: Harry OFFERED to let Hermione use the book as well. Hermione turned it down, and continued to do as well as she had.  

darkangeloflight14

Isotropes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:09 pm
darkangeloflight14
I'll interject a reminder here: Harry OFFERED to let Hermione use the book as well. Hermione turned it down, and continued to do as well as she had.

Because Hermione is too noble. She would never think of using somebody else work and claiming it as her own. She works to hard. She enjoys the happiness of a job well done.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:08 pm
BeeBrittney
darkangeloflight14

Because Hermione is too noble. She would never think of using somebody else work and claiming it as her own. She works to hard. She enjoys the happiness of a job well done.

Very true. However, I, being a college student, appreciate hints and highlighted sections in textbooks. Why? Because, if someone else has figured it out, then they have helped out a new generation of people looking for knowledge. Besides, Harry used tips from a student who learned it first.

I see it from Harry's side. Then again, it's probably because I've had used textbooks, and appreciate it.  

darkangeloflight14

-okonomiyaki o konomu-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:49 am
darkangeloflight14
BeeBrittney
darkangeloflight14

Very true. However, I, being a college student, appreciate hints and highlighted sections in textbooks. Why? Because, if someone else has figured it out, then they have helped out a new generation of people looking for knowledge. Besides, Harry used tips from a student who learned it first.

I see it from Harry's side. Then again, it's probably because I've had used textbooks, and appreciate it.

Yeah, but he probably shouldn't have been taking the credit for it (though I can understand why he wouldn't tell, but still, that doesnt' make it right).  
Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff