Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:33 pm
User Image

The day had dragged on longer than she would have liked. The sun, although warming and beautifully bright, seemed to make everything dull. Nothing ever happened until it disappeared beneath the horizon, giving way to the moon and her blanket of stars.

No. That was wrong. Interesting things did happen durring the day but it was less likely. Improbable, but not impossible. She smirked as she stepped out of the trees, peering over the plains. The grass stretched on forever... A sea of it just waiting for something to happen... Much like the mare who was, conincidentally, also waiting for something to happen.

At least she wasn't green.

TheMadHatter
User Image

Warm days lead into warm nights and both were perfect though he did enjoy the night so much more. A black hide was not something you wanted to have around when the sun was beating down though a cloudless sky.

He'd wandered away from the trees hours ago and was now happily munching on a small bush out on the plains. The sand was still warm but the air had cooled considerably with the silver moon over head rather than the golden sun.

Miss Cherie
User Image

"Well, well, well. What have we here?" A smirk appeared on the lips of a stallion dark enough to put shame to the night. What a fascinating looking little filly that was. White... and, was it... pink? He couldn't quite tell. Kind of punky. She looked feisty. The wheels were turning in his mind, and as he observed the mare who had just stepped out of the trees. Shaking out a mane that crackled like fire, Brimstone angled his path to meet hers. Eventually. He didn't feel like announcing his presence just yet. Picking his way through the tall grass, the nightmare listened for the tell tale sounds of passersby. It might be interesting to see just who he could rustle up tonight.

raep-chwan
User Image

The Red Pyramid wandered aimlessly, his apron of flesh and knife left in a secluded grove. Only his great pyramid remained, weighing heavily on his head. He tromped slowly through the grass, occasionally stopping to tear at some grass.

The sound of voice piqued his interest, dark and burning like the scorching sun above. He felt the dull thud of hooves around him, farther away than the voice. The Red Pyramid couldn't identify them, or how many there were, but he started on a slow and methodical trek towards the nearest one.

CuterThanYou
User Image

Dusk was finally beginning to set in, and Daray once again found himself restless. His mate had long since disappeared to hunt for her food, and his daughters were old enough now to be on their own doing as they pleased. He was no longer needed in their world, and was left to do as he wished once more.

Having left his cave earlier in the afternoon, he had made his way past both stream and forest to come across the open field, ever anxious to find something to distract him. As if prayers were answered, his orange eyes fell across a figure in the distance, and he began to walk towards it. Perhaps this stranger could help pass the time away as he awaited his mate's return.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:40 pm
She gave her head a light toss after spending a moment simply gazing at the sky. The moon was full. The stars were sparkling... Somewhere up there she was certain that the spirits were rejoicing...

Of course they were. They were up there where something had to be going on and not down here where there was abosultey nothing of...

She turned around, brow lofting slightly as she caught sight if long, flowing flame-like mane against a coat darker than the midnight of a new moon. A smirk-like grin curved her lips, tail twitching behind her. "Salutations."

TheMadHatter
He shook his head and straightened up. There were others upwind of him which was surprising with how often he found himself completely alone on the plains. Smirking slightly he headed slowly toward their scent. After all what better way to add more information to his knowledge base than by watching a gathering.

A mare and three stallions, yes that was it. He paused for a moment as he got closer to one of the others. The male didn't' smell right and though he couldn't see him yet he was not sure that he wanted to. He smelled of something strange, something almost like the tang of bright red dirt, but he had never sensed it in this quantity.

Miss Cherie

"Hello yourself." To use an old, tired line... or not to use an old, tired line? Ah hell, what could it possibly hurt? "So, tell me. What's a nice mare like you doing in a place like this?" It rather amused him to be using a pick up line. It was something he never did, and something he'd only heard fools use before. But why not? At least it might get laughs out of her. He was bored. Quite desperately bored. Anything to liven his night up. Quirking an eyebrow, he made note of her pupils, which were slitted like a cat's. Like his, and his brother's. Well now. Wasn't that fascinating? Flicking his tail, he grinned broadly, finding the situation to be oh so humorous. Really, a nightmare like himself even playing at hitting on a filly whose alignment he had yet to determine. What a joke.

raep-chwan
Pyramid Head grinned complacently under his helmet. A mare, it would seem Her voice was no nonsense, and the other's-- the one that smelt of brimstone and cinders and ash-- was ...dangerous. Playful, but there was power inflected in his voice. He felt another few, vaguely, but could not identify them. All strangers, it would seem. He would have to be careful.

He heard the fire-touched one flirt with the mare, and wasn't sure if it would be an excellent idea to interrupt the exchange. Fire meant danger, meant recklessness and ire. It spelled pain, if the Red Pyramid was to anger him. But being careful was awfully similar to being a coward, and he would not be known as a coward.

"Hello," he spoke to them, once he was closer to the duo. "Are you as bored as I?" he asked, a smirk encroaching into his voice, the tone rumbling and full of gravel.

CuterThanYou
He stilled, as he noticed the other figures approaching what he could now tell was a pink and white mare. The dark stallion seemed harmless enough, but the lighter colored stallion bore a large object in the place of his head. An object that looked less than friendly.

The third figure, he spotted as he scanned his eyes across the field, was a dark shadow with blazing hooves. At first glance, he thought it to be his own daughter from the fire on the feet, but his eyes soon adjusted themselves to identify this being as neither female nor related to him.

So other Nightmares do live around these parts, he mused to himself, now being more cautious with his approach towards the mare. He knew from the personality of his own mate the potential ferocity of the breed, and kept it in mind as he continued his way in the direction of the others. The Nightmare, nor the one bearing the object on its head, made any attempt at harming either of the other two in the group, so Daray assumed things were safe to be around. At least for the moment, of course.

Lunarflowermaiden
User Image

Tika drifted slowly across the sky, allowing the warm breezes to carry her. It was a warm lazy day for her, not a care in the world when you were hundreds of feet in the air. But it wasn't the most entertaining thing to do. She soon searched the ground for anything intresting, and soon spotted at least three stallions and one mare.

With the ease of someone who has had a lot of practice. She slowly flew down, landing with a soft thud not ten feet away from them. "Good afternoon." She said in a cheerful voice, ignoring how strange one stallion looked.

JadeEye
Boring. Everything was SO BORING. Regardless how beautiful the evening was, how clean the air smelled, and how crisp the grass felt beneath Elu's muzzle as she grazed, she couldn't help think how her life was so insignificant. It frustrated her a great deal to know just how sheltered she lived and there was no reason for it. Sure, she could attribute her foal-hood naivety to her mother and father, but she had no excuse now that she was more or less on her own. Even so, her efforts to educate herself were not drastic enough.

This evening, however, she had made a steadfast pledge to herself to get out there and make some friends, see some oddities, and to assert herself as a free-living, independent mare. Tonight was the night.

As Elu slowed into a trot, cresting over a slight hill, she noticed an assembly of individuals that all seemed to fit the bill of new faces. The air, once pungent with clean spring air, reeked faintly of burnt materials and the smells of strangers. Perfect, right?

She headed down the hill, head lifted strongly, but apprehension in her eyes. The one with the odd head ornament caused her the most uncertainty; what in the world was THAT thing? And one of those seemed to have flames at his hooves? Immediately, her curiosity went to war with what her mother had said about dangerous situations, but she continued forward. As she neared, she smiled, albeit somewhat nervously, and chirped out a "Hello!" in hopes of catching some attention.

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:52 pm
She had been just about to comment on Romeo's way with words when not one but two others joined their party. "Well, well... When it rains it pours, doesn't it? In that case..." She closed her eyes tightly. "I wish... For a field full of strawberries!" She opened them, looking back and forth between the two stallions. "Mm... Nope. I suppose I'll have to settle for you two gents." She nickered softly, tail swishing behind her, either oblivious or uncarring to whatever threat either stallion might pose.

Her brow lofted slightly as, finally, she turned to examine the mare. "Afternoon? No, no, dear, I'm afraid it's far past afternoon, moving on towards evening... Not quite night?" Then another appeared? She turned, flashing a bright smile at the next mare. "Good evening, salutations."

Finally, when all of the greetings had been passed around she turned back to the fiery stallion, bright smile turning somewhat sly. "A mare like me might be looking for a little excitement... But it seems as if excitement has a way of finding her..."

TheMadHatter
My my, there must have been something in the air tonight. He had not seen a gathering like this in a long time and the variety this time was far better than last. A brightly colored mare, a glowing stallion, winged things, and ... ahh, that must have been the strange thing he smelt.

The last stallion was adorned with something large covering it's head. He couldn't place the smell still but it must have been the work of something not of their kind. Shaking his head he moved closer to the group. He was downwind of them so until one noticed his presence he could watch in silence

Miss Cherie

"Well, as the saying goes, good things come to those who wait. Then again, I'm not noticing an overwhelming 'goodness' about the things who have come to you. Maybe if you spin around three times and do a jig the strawberries will appear. Then again, maybe not." Too bad. He might like some strawberries himself. "Excitement is relative, lady-o. So far, about the most interesting thing that's happened to me tonight is running into the pair o' you." He glanced from Katarina to Pyramidhead, and then noticed that there was another mare present. Somehow, in his fascination with the first female, he'd failed to notice the winged mare. Well, that was mighty rude of him, wasn't it? Then again, given his nature... rude was not far off. "I'd say it's pretty far past afternoon, myself."

CuterThanYou
Daray nearly jumped back as the moment he arrived upon the group that a winged mare landed only feet away from him from out of the sky. How had he missed seeing this creature flying above him? He really must be getting old, if his senses were failing him like that.

Nodding his head in the direction of the others, he refused to show he was intimidated by both the strange looking creature who seemed to have scars running across his body and the flamed stallion. The Nightmare, who seemed too drawn in to flirting with the pink and white mare to care about anything else, put him more at ease with his light-hearted conversation with the mare.

"Good evening!" He echoed towards the others, looking from one to the other. The darker stallion sans the flames intrigued him with his silence, but since he had no horns nor wings to attack with, didn't find him as threatening as the Nightmare.

Having company was a relief from the evening's boredom, and he was excited to finally have find others outside of his own family to speak with.

Lunarflowermaiden
Tika grinned, noticing that she had spooked the black and orange stallion. Tika wouldn't admit it, but several of the group were quite frightening. But she was good at hiding it, and she was comforted by the fact that she could fly away if needed.

JadeEye
Elu offered the pink and white mare a lifted brow and a smile. "Yes yes, good evening to you as well," she managed without a nervous stammer, though some tension about her eyes gave her away. She gave the winged mare a polite smile, hoping to set her at ease, and melded into the loosely assembled group as neatly as a stranger can.

Elu gave the assembled stallions all a hasty look over, not making direct eye contact with any unless they looked at her. "I'm sorry to barge over like this, but I saw everyone over here and thought I should...ya know...introduce myself? I'm Elu..." She let the sentence drop off, hoping to indicate she'd like to get a few names back.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:56 pm
She turned her golden eyes towards the stallion with the strange headgear, eyeing him warrily for a moment. "Strong silent type?" Must be. She smirked, turning her full attention back to Romeo. "I could do that... Or I could try to click my hind hooves together three times while saying 'there's no thing like strawberries'."

She gave her head a light toss, quickly dismissing that thought. As if she would ever do something so... So beneath her. The very thought of doing somethign like that just for the random entertainment of others... Bah. Someone should be hopping around to entertain her.

Now that was an idea. She looked quickly to the jittery, quiet mare with wings. "Do you do any tricks with those feathers of yours?"

User Image

The pale stallion stepped up beside the dark one, brow lofted slightly as he turned his head towards the other male. "You know, Crowley, it isn't like you at all to avoid being present at a party... Why aren't you off socializing? I do believe that's what you called it..." He snorted softly.

TheMadHatter
His head didn't turn as the other stallion spoke to him. "I can be perfectly happy watching the goings on you know. Just like you" Az usually hated being compared to him for whatever reason so he liked to do it as often as he could.

"Besides they were, are, conversing and it is rude to interject ones self into a conversation without being asked." Not that he ever paid attention to things like that but it would be a good excuse for the moment. Now they were sure to notice him though.

Miss Cherie

She had a point. "Or you could catch yourself a leprechaun, and hold his pot of gold hostage for your strawberries. It might even work." Brimstone didn't really believe in that sort of mumbo jumbo, but hey, if it entertained the lady, why not? Curiosity led his eyes briefly away from Katarina, and raised an eyebrow again when he noticed a pair of stallion conversing some ways off. Huh. Well, if they weren't going to introduce themselves, he wasn't going to force it on them. "Or hell, I could even catch one for you." Assuming that the silly little green two-leggers existed. He'd heard some pretty damn strange things from other Soquili before, and again, he didn't really believe them. But it'd be interesting if they were real.

raep-chwan
The Red Pyramid listened to the parallel conversations, a nightmare and a mare, and two stallions having a battle of wits. He felt more out of place than usual, and was quiet as usual. So he circled around everyone, not to be threatening, just to observe. Socializing had never been his forte, but it was at least during his time. He hated the day, for more reasons than just the heat that gathered under his helm.

He decided to take a stab at this...socializing, and snorted at the talk of leprechauns and strawberries. He could tell that neither of them were serious, but it made him quirk a smile to envision a scream two legger munchkin set ablaze.

CuterThanYou
Daray twitched, feeling uncomfortable in the large group. None of the creatures seemed to have the intention of harming one another, but he was beginning to feel awkward among such a variety of horses.

He gave each of the creatures one last glance before turning around and heading back into the direction of the cave. Perhaps his mate had arrived back home by now; anything was possible. He was sure she would like to hear about him having seen another of her kind roaming about the land. Maybe she even knew him personally?

A twinge of jealousy, a feeling foreign to the stallion, crossed his mind. He shouldn't be jealous of a stallion he didn't know... hell, he didn't even know if Aita knew of this Nightmare.

Giving a short snort, he shook his head, and willed himself to forget such feelings. He had enough distraction for the day, and it was time to head back home.

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:02 pm
He snorted softly, tilting his head high. Just like him? Crowley was nothing like him. "Since when have you shown any care for rudeness? It isn't in your nature and you know that... Even if it were, wouldn't evesdropping on a conversation be just as rude as interrupting it?" His brow lofted slightly.

She pouted slightly as the mare took off without answering her question, turning towards the two stallions who she now expected to keep her properly entertained. "Hmm... An interesting thought indeed. No one has ever offered to catch a leprechaun for me. I suppose you'd expect something in return for it though, wouldn't you? Perhaps some of my strawberries?"

Her eyes drifted towards tall, dark and quiet. "Do you like strawberries, Mr. Observer?" Then, upon giving him a name, she realized that she had yet to give herself a name to either of the stallions. "I'm Katarina, by the way... Do either of you boys know who's chattering over there in the woods? I hope I'm not the only one hearing voices..."

TheMadHatter
He grinned. There was the truth of it as Az always seemed to find. "One of these days you're going to slip and not notice those things." The white stallion always could pick out when he was ignoring one fact for another.

"I would say my interruption, had i done it, would have been far ruder than quietly observing. Or at least i was doing so quietly until you appeared"

Miss Cherie

"I'd do it for some strawberries. I don't know that I can, though. Little red haired two-leggers don't exist, to my knowledge. I could be wrong about that." Honestly, he probably wouldn't have expected anything in return. Entertainment was entertainment, no matter who was providing it. Even himself. "The name's Brimstone." He'd almost added 'It's a pleasure', but had decided that that was simply too sugary sweet for him. Or really, for her. The nightmare grinned wickedly, imagining a flaming, pint sized two-legger. Now there was an image to be proud of, something to keep him laughing for a good long time. Too bad those little buggers didn't actually walk the earth. "I have not even the foggiest clue of just who is chattering away, but I do hear voices." Both real and imaginary, sometimes, he added to himself with a smirk.

raep-chwan
Pyramid Head grinned under his helmet. "I do like strawberries, as they are red like blood and are ever so sweet, though they do have a hard time competing with the tang of fresh blood." He spoke slowly and with purpose, nodding his head lightly, and is voice reverberated under his helmet.

"Katarina? An intriguing name, to be sure. If I could see, perhaps I could identify how well it fits, but alas, all I see is the dim beneath me. From your manner of speaking, I do believe it fits." He turned his head so that the pyramid faced Brimstone's, and nodded his head in ascent. "A pleasure to you as well, good nightmare, though that title would serve as a paradox, would it not?"

He dropped his head, and listened. "I do hear voices. Two. Both are foreign to me, as well."

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:22 pm
It was in his nature to find the truth just as it was in Crowley's nature to stretch, bend, twist or otherwise change it. He snorted softly giving his head another light toss. "What, Crowley, makes you believe that one form of rudeness is any more or less rude than another?"

"Tsk tsk... So misleading, Brimstone." She sighed dramatically, turning her head as if mocking just how determined she was to ignore him from here on out just for 'decieving' her. That lasted for no more than a few brief seconds before she was facing him with a bright grin, eyebrows lofted teasingly. "I guess we'll just have to see what else you'll do for strawberries, won't we?"

That lofted brow look changed ever so slightly as she turned towards tall, dark and spooky. "Hmm... Is that so? I can't say I've ever tried such a thing myself..." She had no intentions of ever doing so. Blood was one of those things that she doubted would ever come out of the pale parts of her coat should she ever become inclined to taste it. Wonderful thing about that was she wasn't and she didn't believe she ever would be. "I believe I'll stick to my sweetness. If I wanted something with a bitter tang I'm certain I could find a stallion whose personality fit that description."

Her ears flickered towards the continuing sound of voices, trying to catch whatever bits of the conversation that was being had that she could. She had no issues over being 'rude'... As far as she was concerned any conversation loud enough for her to hear it was fair game. "

They don't seem to be paying any attention to us... You know, I'm certain we could easily sneak up on them." Yes, so very sneaky; pale and bright, fire in the night, and clanky with his helmet. "Up for a game, boys?"

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

TheMadHatter

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:03 pm
"Because, despite what you think, there are lesser forms of evil. All is not equal in degree so therefor some rudeness has to be less than any other." He continued to grin at his friend while one ear stayed cocked toward the others.

They could hear him just as easily as he could hear them. "I do believe you'd have to be far sneakier than that to play that game love." He turned his head and looked at the white and pink mare between the other two stallions. It would be a cold cold day before someone snuck up on him.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games