Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [ANIME] - A place exclusively for the DN anime. Post anime-related threads here.
english voice actor for light released Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

boss beezy

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:20 am
http://deathnote.viz.com/trailer_popup.php?t=3

i actually like it. it's cute. the guy is a bad actor, but it's not a horrible voice. please be open to liking new things and do not bash this right away. personally, to me, it seems very otaku to hate all english voice actors. you speak english.  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:49 am
It's disappointing because there are competent English voice actors, and I do watch some anime dubbed. Part of what makes English dubbed anime so notoriously bad is that the translation meaning somethings get changed to make it more Westernized or they hire voice actors that aren't appropriate for the age of the character. By the later I mean that the actor is competent, but sounds too young or too old for the part. Another failing point of English dubbed anime is that the voice actors don't always sound like they are getting into the part as if they are the character.  

Sheard

Man-Hungry Kitten

9,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100

ashley duke

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:16 pm
I like it...but it doesn't seem like Lighto-kun to me... >.< emo  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:15 am
Light's voice could be better. I don't think it's quite as deep or wise as it sounds in the original, but it's not all that bad. I really hope it comes on television so I can compare it to the original easier.  

Verior

hatlesschild

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:48 am
Death Note Misa-chan
I like it...but it doesn't seem like Lighto-kun to me... >.< emo

I agree. Something is off, maybe it was the way he was speaking or something.  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:44 pm
It's not bad, but his voice needs to be a bit deeper. /:  

starlight aquatic

Gekko

Cosmic Bullet

Shameless Ladykiller

10,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:45 pm
The voice seems a bit too high for Light.
But I guess it's not the worse.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:53 pm
Sounds like weird al to me.... or he's talking through his nose.... I wonder what L's voice will sound like...  

The Kerrigan

Yunacat

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 10:51 am
They're on the right track. Though, the voice is too high, sounds a bit more nerdy than wise, and it sounds like the voice actor is new to the business. He sounded like he was trying hard to get the emotional role as Light correct, but it just.. it's not as powerful as the Japanese version.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:50 pm
I like his voice, but it doesn't fit Raito. I think his voice would be better for Matsuda. 3nodding  

Rock Jun

6,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Hygienic 200

PC BANNING HACKERS PC

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:17 pm
I like the Japanese voice actor better. He has a cold, rithless tone. The English voice sounds so...naive. It doesn't suit Raito. I think I'll stick with the Japanese voice actors.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:36 pm
gerudoqueen
I like the Japanese voice actor better. He has a cold, rithless tone. The English voice sounds so...naive. It doesn't suit Raito. I think I'll stick with the Japanese voice actors.

Mamoru Miyano got two nominationos at the first Seiyu Awards for portraying Yagami Raito in Deathnote: "Best Main Character (male)" and "Best Rookie (male)". I'm a big fan of Mamoru just in case you're wondering how I knew. sweatdrop  

Rock Jun

6,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Hygienic 200

ashley duke

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:46 pm
i heart the Japanese. the english voice actor sux >.<  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:51 pm
Yunacat
They're on the right track. Though, the voice is too high, sounds a bit more nerdy than wise, and it sounds like the voice actor is new to the business. He sounded like he was trying hard to get the emotional role as Light correct, but it just.. it's not as powerful as the Japanese version.

I completely agree. >.<
I mean, he's trying to get into it and everything, but...You're right, too nerdy-sounding.

I always thought Heero from Gundam Wing would fit Light.

hydroh

Cosmic Bullet

Shameless Ladykiller

10,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:19 pm
Shin lu
I like his voice, but it doesn't fit Raito. I think his voice would be better for Matsuda. 3nodding
Oh, wow. Yes! :0  
[ANIME] - A place exclusively for the DN anime. Post anime-related threads here.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games