Welcome to Gaia! ::

The RPS Guild: Dungeon Crawls For All

Back to Guilds

The RPS Guild is for RPing using the simply-named Roleplaying System (RPS) to manage combat. 

Tags: Role Play, Fantasy, Dungeon, Adventure, System 

Reply General OOC Discussion
Character Bio's! Post Your Descriptions and Backgrounds Here Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-A M P-

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:57 pm
Character Bio's!

What's this place for?
Here is a thread where you can share any other info about your character, other than the general stats of the RPS. Things from background stories and information, to character descriptions and art!

Ok sounds cool, so what do I do?
Ok this part is VERY IMPORTANT. Every character only gets
ONE POST to cram all there information in. So feel free to use any format you want too... you just have to do it in that single post. that way this place doesn't get too crowded with banter.

'~*~-*-*Rules*-*-~*~'
-Follow all guild rules
-ONLY ONE POST!
-No other chatting or posting is allowed in this forum as well. All RP'ing should be kept in the RP forums
-Have Fun Dammit! O_o

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:31 pm
Gerbo Tosscobble
pronounced "Grr-Bow Toss-Kawb-ell"
User Image

-Description-
Gerbo is young, by gnomish standards, for an adventurer. At 38 years of age, by human standards, he would be considered in his early 20's. His build looks like that of a small child, just barly over 3 feet tall and weighing only 43 lbs. Though his solom looks, white hair, and gruff beard give him away as a older man. He also carries the standards of all usual Gnomish traits; a slightly enlarged nose, and ears that are slightly pointed, though less so than elves.

Gerbo commonly wears a sorcerers robe with a high, strait collar. Made from natural fabrics, this robe is a tannish-brown, with a deep forest green trim. On most adverturers, he also wears a large silver pendant, encrusted with a large Jade stone. A swirl of black and gold is constantly spiraling in the center of the stone, hinting at its magical powers.

-History-

-Favorite Quotes-
"Well, since a goblin can kill a man... and an average man makes 1 chip a month (based on a peasent poor man, and 1 chip equaling 1 gold in actual medevial times) and the the avarage man lives for 30-50 years, we will say 40. So one chip a month, so 12 chips per year, for 40 years equals 480 chips. So the average life costs 480 chips. Thus risking our life would cost YOU 480 chips, but thats only for one goblin.. and you have 30 of them. So 480 x 30 goblins = 14,400 chips! Divided by 5 since there are five of us.... and you get 2880 chips a piece. What say you to that deal my good lad?"

-A M P-

The Zelphyrian Queen

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:45 am
:{The Shadows of Your Nightmares...}:

{The Shadow}

User Image"IUser Image am the stars, the mind, the soul. I am the essence of all that is and ever will be. I am opulence, extravagance, elegance. I am omniscience, existence. I am the colossus, behemoth, leviathan. I am the light, the darkness. I am the Zelphyrian Queen, in all her glory and right. I am Karma, distributor of pain and healing, fortune and poverty, mirth and misery. I am the leader of the SilverShadows, protector of all vagrant spirits, collector of arts, commador of warriors, seeker of knowledge. Dear child, you ask who I am. I am The Shadow."

"The Shadow" is the name given to the abandoned four year old girl found by Adremite Valswia, exiled heir to the Wynnaninan Throne, because of it being her first word, and her ability to animate and communicate with them. Adremite, Adre for short, raised her and taught her until she was fourteen.

{Har. One funny scene from this era:
Adre: Now, if you have to hit me once with your weapon before I can hit you ten times with this, you win. If not, we do it over again until you get it. *pulls out his 'weapon'*
Shadow: stare That's a noodle.
Adre: No, it's the blue noodle of Doom
Shadow: It's still a noodle.
Adre: -.- Imagine it.
Shadow: Can't.
Adre: I thought children were supposed to have a vivid imagination.
Shadow: I thought adults weren't supposed to have imaginations.}

User Image

{Lady Karma}
Once she turned fourteen, she took a trip through time, back 20 years, where she met Alexandretta Raniex and Trissiana Valswia, the other two of the Trio. The 'Trio' was a unity of four semi-deities, Death, Sin, and Karma. Over the next three years, she established The SilverShadows, originally as an illegal organization, but turned into one of the most powerful ententes of Erondal and the universe. At seventeen, she returned to her own time.

User Image

{The Zelphyrian Queen}
After her return, The Shadow took full control over the now thriving SilverShadows. However, a rising of the Pritari, the enemies of the Zelphyrians, required her attention. After vanquishing them, she learns of her true identity, as the Queen of the supposedly extinct race of the Zelphyrs. She then realizes that the only other one of her kind was the recently found vagabond, which, suffering from amnesia, they have called the Shadow Dragon. At age 21, she faces the gods in a rebellion, and wins, granting her eternal life.

User Image

Deep down Shadow's just a spunky, determined girl with an... many attitude problems... and a need for a stay at a mental hospital xD. She is the character I identify most with, and sadly, is not my most insane one. Don't mind her if she's snippy, or flippant, or tries to play mind games with you stare {Shadow: *smiles innocently*}

Oh, and this is the VERY condensed version of it. If you ever want to hear more of Her, Erondal, any of my zany charries or anything having to do with meh in-progress novel, just ask. I'll be more than happy to give you a long rant xp

The Shadow and related are copyright me Steal any of it and I will haunt you until you build a time machine and go back in time and undo it. Try me if you think I'm kidding evil

.{
T}he.{S}hadow

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:58 pm
A catgirl, I may add more later xp  

cat_girl_nukunuku

DJ_Kage

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:30 am
Regal Cinemitious
Famed Outlander

*more to update later...*  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:51 am
Firu "The Valiant Knight"

Description:
A young man only 20 years old, dressed in finely made black clothing with an elaborate golden trim. Lightweight but strong gauntlets and greaves allow for flexibility without sacrificing protection. He wears a light armoured head piece sculpted to match his other armour. A scarf partially hides his face, but you can still see his green eyes, and his light brown hair is swept back above the headpiece. He stands about 5 feet 9 inches tall and always has his sword and shield with him. His sword is a magnificently crafted knight's blade - shimmering gold in color. Two gems adorn the guard and the pommel, giving off a faint light that is barely noticeable. His shield is emblazoned on the front with an intricate coat of arms bearing a large gem in the center. The back of the shield houses the scabbard for his blade. When not weilding his weapons in combat, the sword remains sheathed in the shield, which rests on his back. Just by looking at him you can safely assume that he comes from nobility, but it is hard to tell if he himself is a noble or if he serves under a noble house.

History:
Coming soon (hopefully)  

Firu Nicorusu

random mistakes

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:06 am
{{Bellamin's Lullabye}

My mother sat on the small wooden chair in the side of the room opposite of three beds. My siblings rested in the one to his left and right, while I laid restlessly in the middle.

It was a small wooden farmhouse nestled in our newly aquired plot of land. My father had not thought of how long it would take to create a proper homestead, however, it seemed like paradise compared to the dirty and cramped costal cities.

Mother yawned and then cleared her throat. She promised us restless children that if she sung a song, then we would go straight to bed. Course, that promise is would be hard to keep. It wasn't like my mother couldn't sing... From a critic's view she'd be rather plain. It was just that all three of us were restless children each imbued with our grandfather's wanderlust. I still remember that song I heard each night. I'll try my best:

Goodnight baby, the sun sets in the treetop
But when the dawn comes, your dreams will stop
So dream away until ye shall fall
Out of your slumber, with no hope at all

So go to bed my love
The night is nigh
Sleep with a head full of dreams my dove
Because when you wake you'll soon know why

We're living in a world of fake hearts
fake smiles and artificial parts
Yet in your dreams, you can hope
You can invision, you can cope
Sometimes to smile in the real world is hard
So your dreams you shall forever guard.

Now hush little love don't you fret
By now its midnight I bet
And if you promise to fall asleep soon
Well, maybe I can promise you the moon

So go back to bed my love
And play with the stars
Sleep with your dreams tight my dove
Because when you wake you'll see my scars

We're living in a world of fake hearts
fake smiles and cheating smarts
Yet in your dreams, I can be
Anything you've wanted of me
So whenever you find smiling to be hard
Remember your dreams I will forever guard

You see there are demons out there
Deep within your weary head
Just go to sleep; don't have to care
I've promised to protect you I've said

Now hush-a-bye, don't you cry
Go to sleep; dawn is nigh
So when you wake, you shall see
All the pretty little horsies

And never wonder why

The world is made of fake parts
fake smile and artificial hearts
Hopefully I'll never have to wonder what I'll do
If I ever lost my dreams of you

~Bellamin Solan
On the subject of his childhood

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:12 am
.: X Nephira Valorian X :.

{The resident blind Kitsune}

x :~: x Description x :~: x

Nephira seems neither too young, nor too old, probably around her mid twenties. She tends to forget often. In any case, her skin is pretty pale from the time she spends reading through her collection of braille books. Long, black hair is pulled back out of her thin face, with the exception of a few strands to frame it. Rust color fox ears tipped in white sit on her head, pushed down by the large top hat on her head, a sign that reads "Magician for Hire" neatly tucked into the red ribbon that circles around the bottom, along with a green, four-leafed clover. Don't touch it if you want to stay on her good side. Around her eyes is a white cloth to cover them, since she's blind and honestly has no use for them. She dresses in a long violet dress with long sleeves and small patterns at the bottom are lined with grey. A small hole in the bottom is cut for her tail which is the same rust color as her ears and again tipped with white. Finally, heavy black boots and a small collar with a little bell complete the outfit, though the bell is silent.

x :~: x History x :~: x

{Mrah... I'll think of it later.}

Miss Meat Shield

Not-Thornless

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 6:43 pm
Not much is known about Thorn, but there are plenty of rumours. If you believe what everyone says, she is an evil witch who has posessed a child and uses her body for evil. She eats children, speaks with the devil, drives people insane, poisons the wilderness, etc. etc...

"Oowww! More stones! And my wrists are sore from constantly being tied to pyres! Why is everyone so mean to meeeeeee?" - Thorn  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:15 pm
Kitai of Gargant Clan

Kitai is a shaman in training, only just coming into her summoning abilities. Her clan uses the Gargants which forage on the plains as beast of burden and war steads. As a shaman Kitai is required to go on a journey to expand her abilities. At the moment she has very little magic other than to summon her gargant.

The Gargant clan is defensive when fighting. Known to bide their time and wear the enemy down. They copied this behavior from their totem animals, The gargant. Once they have worn down the opponent they strike with heavy weaponry or magic to finish them off.  

Polkana

Submarinal Waffle

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:22 pm
XX - [One] Nobody in the village knew where this stranger had come from, and why he chose their village...

Description:

XX is a round 5 feet and 5 inches tall. He wears white robes that contrast greatly with that black, bloodstained mask that he is always seen with on his face. He rarely speaks, and pays heed to nobody. (Unless, of course, when chips are concerned.)

History:

He can't remember his childhood. Nobody can. There is no records of him even being born. As far back as he can remember is when he was sixteen. He had awoken in the middle of a huge forest, in a pool of his own blood. His face was bleeding uncontrolably. After two years living in the forest, he finally managed to collect enough materials to craft himself a mask...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:45 pm
Fahlgor(Fall-Gore), Skywatcher

~Description~
The 34 year old wood elf named Fahlgor stands tall at 6 foot 4 Inchs, and at a steady weight of 130 lbs. His silvery hair is held up in a Black pony tail, but a few stray strands still manage to loom over his blue eyes every now and again. Fahlgor useually wears Tanish clothes that match his goldsih skin tone. A tan tunic tied up at the waist with twine, leading to his pants and sandals. He commonly wears a silver ring on his right middle finger, encrested with latin in the center. The quote encrested on the small silver ring says, "A peaceful man does more good than a learned one." He wears a Steel amulet with a Red Gem in the center around his neck and his weapon of choice when entering close combat is his Dagger. He carries no other items with him, unless he is on a quest.

~History~
Fahlgors' journey started on a different land, a small island looking for trade. He was brought here by his mother and father on a ship to find new hope. Once landing on this land they took up farming and soon a a small society was built on the far edge of the land. Fahlgor grew up as any other peasent boy, he went to school two days of every week and tended to his fathers far regularly. Farming was good for Fahlgor since it taught him dicipline, without that he would never have been able to read all of the books on Arcane magic. He was interested in Arcane Energy at the early age of twelve when a wandering magic man came wandering through their peacefull little town. He showed all of the villagers tricks and such, but Fahlgor was speical he received one of the Wizards Tomes to read. Over the course of four years Fahlgor read the book, learning as much as he could along the way. His First spell that he had ever learned was Fireball, he learned this spell over the course of another four years since this spell took much more energy. Then finally he learned Energy Burst, wowing all of the village folk with these spells. Soon Fahlgor began to become restless and grew a thirst for adveture so he left his small town in hopes of great treasure and fame. Wandering from town to town he killed goblins and trolls earning an honist living, but no treasures were found... Untill now

Demonic Existence

Prinny Baal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:38 pm
Piro
(Piro Fleur)
Knight of the Flowing Rock, Dancing Blades, The Third

Appearance

Although Piro doesn't mind outfits much, he keeps a specific outfit out of sentimental value, this outfit, which he is usually seen wearing, involves a pair of thick leather pants cut just above the ankle, which move relatively well for how durable they are. They are a darker brown leather, and have a number of pockets down the side. The most interesting feature however, is the four rings of leather coming off mid-way up the thigh. These rings serve no visible purpose, and although the occasional person will ask, he never gives a direct reply as to their purpose. His shirt is light, and usually open, it's a soft grey, and is made of some sort of animal fur, he will honestly answer he doesn't know what it's made of, but it keeps him warm when it's cold, and is easily breathable when it's hot, so why mind? His shirt cuts off at the shoulders, and he wears a overjacket that comes down to the waist made of similiar leather as his pants. A pair of ribbons dyed a simple green come down from the neck and flow down his back. Finally, completing the outfit are his boots and gloves, both are made out of the same durable leather, and have small metal pieces inset just above the wrist and ankle. These metal pieces look faintly like a crescent moon when one examines them. This is what generally notices of his outfit, as for his actual body description, he's approximately 5'8", with deep black hair, and brown eyes. His skin is slightly tanned, and although He couldn't truly be called handsome, and he doesn't give off an air of manliness, rather, he does feel trustworthy, and his face is always set in an understanding expression.

Background

As of this moment, it's uncertain whether I'll be able to do a certain thing, so for the moment, I'm going to wait to release the background for my character.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:00 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Now for the fun part:

Alecks
Devoted Defender

He was a normal boy, in any respects, who was orphaned at the age of 6. He travelled the world, hiding out in old houses, stowing away in ships, and running away from orphanages all over. That is, until he was captured by an elite squadron of drow elves at the age of 11. They tortured him for 4 months on end, until a group of adventurers rescued him. He doesn't speak since then, his vocal cords having been cut by the drow in the numerous tortures. He learned sign and drow sign though, but now, at the age of 13, he just lives to protect those who need it.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The necklace was a promise from a girl, long since missing. He uses his club as a shield, and smacks whoever gets near. He will not hesitate to jump in front of an oncoming sword or spear if it means saving a comrade.

Clendyx the Mailman

TamrielicKnight

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:04 pm
Talos Kintsei
Of Dusk and Dawn

History: Talos was born in a capital city by the name of Wren. He was the third son of the Duke Archimedes Feres Kintsei, and disqualified for succession do to an unfortunate illness that disfigured him early in life. His father took advantage of this by using him as a bartering tool with the high council of mages, gaining from them a large stock of enchanted weapons and fighters. His training gave him the abilities and power that he had always craved as a child. Constantly being compared to other students he often flourished, if not horded his secrets. As most youth do Talos fell in love with a roguish young mage named Grendia Veres, a skilled necromancer. Alas as most things go he felt wary do to his physical affliction to pursue his love interest. Taking matters into his own hands he studied night and day to find a cure. Combining his natural talent for alchemy and his love for creating spells he created a spell that could work. On the night of the spell he brought Grendia down to the practice chambers to witness his inevitable success. During the ritual he began to feel the pain of the regeneration healing him and cried out. Grendia's love for him must have brought her too close to his makeshift spell because when he awoke from the blinding pain he realized she was dead, her corpse reduced to a half made lich. His entire body regained what it had lost but also lost what it had used. He no longer could use magic though he could feel its presence torturing him his one love dead and his hopes for the future shattered he descended to the squalor of Wren his former home. Taken as a thief and assassin's apprentice he used his now far more dexterous body to steal the love and lives of other to help fill the hole he had dug in his own. Not long after his master passed on he earned the nickname "Dusk and Dawn" do to his temperament, often switching from caustic treachery and pain to upholding reason and helping others. ((more usually for personal gain but still in good respects.))

General OOC Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff