Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Q]
Captain

Elder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:23 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Welcome to Paradise. Or at least you'd think that were you looking in from the outside, coming in from your previous life. It doesn't look so great from where I'm standing. To be honest, I want to go back to the human-infested world, but I don't know where to start.

Paradise is a turn up in the mountains, far away from human interaction and way under their radar. Or above, I should say. The air is thin and the odor thick. This town, for the insects it lacks, sure makes up in smell and junk.

It's a place where free furries live and rebels stir, and we can all live some semblance of a life without being hunted, shot down, or victims of racism.

This place is a dump. It reminds me of an old street alley in the backskirts of L.A., where the drunkards get kicked to and the prostitutes make their wages. Paradise. Ha, what a name for a place like this.

It makes the human world look gold in comparison. Still, I can see why other furries would want to be here. Most of them are runaway slaves or test subjects. Some of them were born here, some had committed crimes and stay here to escape the death they so deserve.

Paradise is a town ruled by bums. One step up from an agricultural society, we have some few ramshacks of wood called homes, a lot of trashcans and trashbags, and hell if I know how the drugs and cigerattes and booze got up here, but it did. I'm sure we've got a rifinary somewhere around here.

But.. Haha--Paradise. What a silly idea. "Let's go to Paradise," Nautica said to me. "I finally figured out where it is."
To be honest, I can't say I expected anything better than what we got. Nautica and I were already on the streets, and we were recieving enough punishment as it was. Somehow or another we got seperated from our owners. The Runt had just been born and I think the police took the others, saying we were some crime against humanity.

I can see that. We're some weird misshapen people that are part Great Dane. I accept that. But it's not as if I chose to be that way.
Regardless, everyone was gone when the Runt, Nautica, and I had had gotten back to the house. Some other human told us what had happened and we left.

And now we're here. In some shithole called "Paradise". I think Nautica likes it, he never complains. I honestly don't know what to think. I kind of like living a hole and being self-sufficient. The Runt's two, now. He's innocence bothers me. He still remembers Rachel and has it in his head that humans are great and he wants to be their pet again. I'd hate to see what would happen if Blackeye got him into drugs.

Sometimes it feels as if Nautica and I are the only sane dogs in this town.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:26 pm
"You two are going to be the death of me."

My name is Dooney. I'm the oldest brother of us three, being seven years old. I'm quiet and philosophical. When I do talk, there's some metaphor attached to it in hopes someone might learn something. I'm the only one who thinks there might be some truth to the crime against humanity, and therefore hold in a lot of anger and hate. I share my bestiality. If needed I get on all fours-or, threes, in my case- and run like the Great Dane I am. I also don't wear any clothes, not that anyone cares.
Clothes were always a burdern. I'm no human, and I realise that. My fur's a light brown, I've got grey hair, and my black patches on tail, as well as my black ears.
Played by Evil_Disco

"I guess I was too busy worrying about you to think about myself."

This is Nautica. Second oldest, the middle brother at five years. He's clumsy, but he really cares about everyone. He looks kind of like a dalmation, but I assure you, he's all Great Dane. Nautica is so scholistically smart it's unimaginable. He's good at everything. Math, geography.. I bet if he were truly human, he'd be catergorized as genious. But he never thinks about that. He's completely selfless. I admire him more than he knows. Fortunately for me, everything in the picture's right, seeing as Nautica's just black and white.
Played by boomboom5213

"If I'm the same as everybody else, why do I feel so different?"

Here's Runtly, but I just call him the runt, 'cause that's what he is. He's only two years old. Must be a teenager thing to have random angst paired with inherent innocence. He doesn't know it, but he's not pure blooded Great Dane. Nautica and I aren't quite sure who our mother laid with to have him, but it's really evident in his tail and his energy.
Runtly's so curious, one of these days it's going to be his downfall. I tried to get him to ditch his collar once, but he loves Rachel too much. He's so concerned about pretecting human rights, he can't understand why everyone here hates the species.
His scar's the opposite of our's, and (because he's cross-bred, we think), he has two arms.
Nautica and I are dreading the day when Runtly asks us why we aren't like everyone else. Thankfully it hasn't happened yet. I don't know how I can explain it to him...
Played by [Q]  

[Q]
Captain

Elder

[Q]
Captain

Elder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:30 pm
"Ah, kids. So innocent they're repugnant."

Blackeye. The resident drugdealer, booze drinker, and smoker. He's suprisingly responsible with his life, and doesn't do the things he sells, but tends to over-smoke. He's got plenty of earrings, but only on one ear. He's older than I am at eight years, and acts like his own breed of man.
Rude, but straight-forward, he seems to be carefree, but you can tell under his charade he's got his own problems he needs to work out. He tends to be a loner, although he does talk to Bai, sometimes. They might be in a relationship, but Nautica and I really can't tell.
Blackeye has a black spot around his right eye, but the rest of him is a kind of light grey. He also has a brand on his right shoulder that almost looks like an anarchist shoulder, but more like a pentagon. Nautica said it was the mark of a rebel science lab that experiments on furries, but Blackeye never talks about it, so we're not quite sure what it is, exactly.
When drunk, he smiles everywhere and likes to play games. He is actually sort of pleasurable in that state and makes a lot of funny jokes. Sadly, though, Blackeye only drinks when thirsty, and holds his liquor well, so we rarely see him when he isn't sober.
Played by havennewm00n

"I get paid to push buttons all night long, care for a free push?"

This is Bai. Her fur is the same light grey-ish-white of Blackeye's, and she has dark grey hair over her left eye. She wears the same type of sunglasses as I, and seems to mirror my mannerisms. The hair between her legs is a darker grey than that on her head, and she's a surprising ten years old. She smiles a lot and takes pride in what she does for a living, which is selling her body. I think she is one of those furries that can't reproduce, because she never has any of those time-of-the-months or seems to get pregnant.
She wears a chain over her bosom, but I don't think it's her collar. Her and Blackeye talk sometimes, and they might be in a relationship, but Nautica and I aren't quite sure. Maybe they just talk because they're in the same business genre of sin.

The runt really likes Bai, and the feeling's mutual, although sometimes I wonder if Bai only likes Runtly for his body. Either way, Bai's smart enough to know not to have sex with puppies.
Played by Dragon_Kitty  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:39 pm

Paradise is a city, I guess, but with extensive slums. Only people like Bai and Blackeye have roofs to sleep under. Our economy is a stupid idea. It goes the same as the normal economy, meaning you have to use United States Dollars. Of course there's no way to get that currency without bringing it in from where you came from, so 99% of us are poor and homeless.

We don't have much in the way of restaraunts or shops, but being as it's the mountains, there's woods everywhere to hunt or gather or.. Grow, as some people would like.

Of course some of the citizens here do sell food and drinks, but I'd much rather go forage for my own stuff.

There aren't any humans in Paradise, it's just us furries. Every once in a while a human will come near us if they're on some hiking or camping trip, but we usually mug them and kill them so they won't know about Paradise. I was never a part of it, really. I don't condone murder. But I can understand why the others would do that.

Recently, the Runt's been asking about Rachel. He doesn't remember why we left, or our journey here, be he wants to go see her. Nautica tries to explain that we can't go back, and we don't even know where Rachel is.

But the Runt's confident she's alive, and we should find her. I'm not so sure. I don't think I want to go into the world again. I know my other brothers are dead, and I don't want to ruin Runtly's idolism of humans.

He's such a great kid, and he doesn't need to see the real world. But still he persists. He's getting very depressed that we won't go back, and we're growing seperated. I'm afraid he may run off on his own. And although our life was good in Rachel's hands, if she's in custody for having us, pitying us, then I know we'll never get to her.

We'll end up test subjects, slaves, or worse... Dead.
Still, I only want to make him happy, and even though the real world may have lots of suffering in it, I may end up being dragged along on Runt's little journey just to see him smile again. God, I am so weak-hearted.

To keep Runtly busy, we've assigned him to go out for food and water. Nautica's working on making a map of the world as he sees it.. He may be smart with everything, but he especially likes geography.

Me? I'm trying to get my mind off parenting, so I draw and write. Keeping this journal seems to let go of some stress.  

[Q]
Captain

Elder

[Q]
Captain

Elder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:22 pm
If I meet more people, I'll write about them here. I wonder if one page will be enough.

I guess I'd start with their name, age, and bio information... And, now that I think about it, the humans have only expiremented with mammals, so any sort of Scalies are out...

And, unless they came with a furry or got directions, I doubt any humans would come here. And even then, most of the townsfilk would try to kill him onsight, with all the racism toward us.

YJG-8524-01Z was his pin. It's tatooed on his right arm, but he doesn't know why.
My character doesn't remember anything. He's unlike the others in the fact that he is half cat instead of half dog. He's a light tan color, with darker stripes on his tail and ears. His hair is short, and from a distance he looks as though he just has a dark tan. His eyes are bright green, and look like a cat's. Otherwise, he just has claws on his feet and hands. As I said before, he doesn't remember his name or where he came from or anything. He (presumably) fell off a cliff somewhere near Paradise.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:26 pm

This is the page I'm reserving for what's happened so far, in case I get amnesia...

[Q]
Captain

Elder

[Q]
Captain

Elder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:29 pm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:09 am
PM me your character information, please.

[Q]
Captain

Elder

[Q]
Captain

Elder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:05 am
Runtly had left the ally they were staying in to go get food as Dooney had asked.
It was early in the morning, but the two year old was already wide awake and running through the woods.

It was pretty easy to find food, so Runtly usually just played around for a good portion of the day.

Nautica and Dooney had a no-killing policy, so they could only eat rabbits or something if they were already dead. Runtly didn't care about meat, anyway. He did like chewing on bones, though.

Spying a rabbit in the distance, Runtly took the plastic bag and hooked it on a tree, wagging his tail, and sticking his tongue out.

Time to play tag.

Runtly crouched down on his two legs, his long ears hugging the back of his face while a smile came across his lips. "Hee.."

He ran forward two steps then jumped for the rabbit before him. The rabbit, as if toying with the boy, only jumped away when Runtly's white hands landed to either side of it.

"Oh, C'mon!" He growled, itching forward on his stomach, the rabbit jumping just out of reach each time.

Finally, with a hmph of effort, the puppy got on all fours and pounced the rabbit, who, this time took a few larger leaps and dissappeared.

This was because of a rather large hole that Runtly found himself falling into- and out of. It seemed it wasn't so much a hole as a tunnel: The dirt between the roots of trees must've fallen out one day, and since this was a mountainside, things tend to go down if they went through otherthings. And Runtly did just that.

The two year old kept rolling down the side of the hill, trying to grab for roots, trees, anything that would keep him from falling the rest of the way, but everything he grabbed either broke or wasn't there altogether.

In about two minutes of frantic desporation, he called out when his back hit something really hard and flat.

He stayed where he was for a few seconds, panting and collecting his brain that had been scattered, then rolled to his stomach and pushed himself up, absently brushing himself off.

He was standing on a really flat, black thing with a white line on the very edge and a double yellow line in the middle.
Walking slowly to the edge of this flat surface, he looked down. There, he saw a steep decent. Some small patches of trees, and more rows of black. It was like a pattern.

Runt blinked a few times and looked straight ahead. Really far out, he could see cities. Runtly only vaguely remembered what cities looked like, be he was pretty sure those tiny clusters of building were it. He wasn't thinking about "cities" like he knew them, but real cities. Human cities.

Runtly couldn't believe it. A laugh rose from his throat.

After a moment's hesitation, he let himself laugh uncontrollably between gasps of happiness.

He ended up going to the middle of the black, at the double yellow line, and twirling in circles shouting "Yes! I found it!" intermittenly until he ended up howling.

That scared him. Everything went quiet, and the two year old stopped laughing. Great Danes don't howl, do they?

Runtly shook his head and got serious. Turning to where he fell from, he had to figure out how to get back home. It seemed like a slightly easy climb, if he took it really slow and was smart about not falling again.

So, with a backache and a mental note to ask Nautica about howling, he started to try and climb back up to the woods he knew.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:24 am
Although it was early, Bai stood in front of her home, leaning against one of the large, wooden poles keeping it up. Lifting up her hand, she raised a cigarette to her lips, taking a long drag, and letting it out. It was rare to find the older rabbit smoking like this, but she wasn't feeling very hot today, and felt the need for a ciagrette, which Blackeye had kindly supplied her with.

Pushing her voluptuous body off of the railing, she finished the cancer stick, putting it out on the ground and yawning a bit. She was thinking of just taking a walk around, not that there was anything to see, but to get her out of the house. She was worried, anyways, that she'd have to deal with another drunken Blackeye. Maybe Runt, or Nautica were around, she could always talk to them.

Heading down the street, one of her hands reached up, adjusting the chain around her neck, playing with it a little. She always had the chain on, whenever she was out, or people were around her home, she wore it.  

Dragon_Kitty

Tipsy Sex Symbol

8,800 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

DerZuhalter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:31 am
((isn't sure what he should be if he joins but he curls up in a ball and sleeps on the floor because Q told him to do that in here))  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:50 am
((Oh yay! First postie... Hope I don't mess it up xp ))

Nautica cought clearing his throat as he stumbled out of the alley that was their home. Runtly had left some time ago to get food, and the great dane had started to wonder where their brother had gone. He had left silently, knowing that Dooney would understand his action, or just ignore him. He hitched up his pants as he started looking up and down the street, wondering which way Runtly had gone.

He started walking again, towards the woods, of course the boy was hunting there. Maybe he was coming back at the moment?

The black spotted canine scratched his nose with his hand, and twitched it. An agitation of an allergen of some sort, started to make his snout twitch, until finally a loud sneeze issued forth. He rubbed his nose with the back of his hand and then wiped his hand on his pants. "Meh... Wish I knew what did that."

His ears perked up as he heard something familiar behind him, turning his head he smiled, turning his body around to wave at Bai. "Good morning Bai. How are you doing today?"

((gahk sweatdrop ... just tell me if I need to change anything.))

boomboom5213

Dragon_Kitty

Tipsy Sex Symbol

8,800 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:25 pm
Bai grinned a bit, walking over to where Nautica was,
"Bless, you. And I'm doing fine, yourself?" To be honest, Bai was actually wondering where the Runt was, hoping to maybe get a chance to talk to him today before things picked up, well, as much as they would around here.

Letting her mind wander somewhat, she leaned against a tree, thinking back to her time before she came here. She'd been one of those types that the crazies picked out, seen for her sexual allure, she'd been, well, violated a few times, by the small group of humans that used her as an animal. They didn't see her as inhabiting any feelings, and took advantage of that.

Maybe that was why she got into her busniess. Someone with a life so deformed was bound to succumb to the pain that had formed her. Reaching up, she began to play with the chain around her neck a bit again, her eyes glossing over somewhat, as they did whenever she remembered her past.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:06 pm
Nautica shrugged and scratched his head as he looked towards the forests. "I'm alive, all I can ask. Just right now looking for Runtly." He looked at the rabbit for a moment as her mind started to stray.

He furrowed his eyebrows lightly, a look of worry on his face. He had only known Bai for a short while now, at least long enough to speak with her a few times. He had never asked for her services, but she was a nice person. Each time she dazed off, he wondered what she was thinking about that gave her such a sad look.

"... Speaking of Runtly... I was wondering if you've seen him? We sent him out to go get breakfast awhile ago..." He gave a embarrassed laugh, "He's been gone for awhile. I'm kinda worried about him."

boomboom5213

[Q]
Captain

Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:27 pm
[[Dumb Gaia. I had to use IE to post a reply instead of my beloved Firefox. ;_;]]

Runtly did take it slow, and it had to have been atleast fifteen minutes before he was ble to get back to where he had started off.

After looking at the sky for a second, a shiver went down his spine and he thought to himself, "They're probably getting worried, I should hurry up.."

So with that in mind, he jogged over to nearby blueberry bushes and started picking at them quickly, chuckling to himself as he made a game out of how fast he could pick them all.

No more than three more minutes passed before the runt came running back home, in the proccess, stopping right before he could slam into Nautica.

There was still loads of dirt in Runtly's hair and fur, and he tried to shake it off, but it was stuck.

Tail still wagging vehemtly from his city find, Runtly said, "Nautica! Nautica! You'll never guess what I found! And--" At that moment he spotted Bai. "Oh. Hey Bai."

Runtly seemed to calm down a bit, but his tail was still wagging while he watched her, his ears perking up.  
The Crimson Ibis: Dead Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff