[PRP] Lord Roho, this is my... 'son'.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kinreii

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:06 pm
User Image

Uovu's felt as if his heart were about to burst. It was drumming so fast, and the skinny lion couldn't help but feel a little sick. Butterflies were rising and falling in his stomach. A cold sweat was running down his forehead. Oh, by the gods, this was going to be difficult.

Swallowing, he padded forward, not brave enough to look Mufasa in the eye. He didn't really want the boy to see him looking so insecure. Usually, he was a confident lion, but it was Roho they were talking about here.

Lord Hodari'Roho, who would eliminate all the weakness in Africa.

Uovu shook the thought from his head with a growl, and continued to pad onwards. Fasa was a fine boy. Roho was sure to accept him as a member of the Tononeka. After all, Fasa was like... a son to him. He'd taken the boy under his paw. Roho was sure to understand. Right?

"Mufasa, you know what to do, right?" Uovu asked, managing a weak grin and struggling to keep steady eye-contact, "Think tall. Think before you speak out. Look strong. That's the spirit. Roho is very selective about who joins her following, so you need to be in tip-top shape."

'After all,' he thought to himself, uneasily, 'Who knows what card Roho will play in order to test you out?'

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:19 pm
User Image

Chocolate eyes moved curiously towards Uovu. "Yeah, I know what to do," He gave a firm nod. He just had to play his cards right.

Mufasa padded after his 'father'. What he said about Lord Roho was calming before, but Uovu seemed a bit jittery. He could tell when Uovu looked him in the eyes, but he took no mind. If Uovu spoke so highly of this Leader, she had to be great

Mufasa respected great people, but This Leader would also have to prove her worth to be a leader. He would probably be able to test her in his own little way. After all, he was a little rebel before with no rules. It'll probably be hard to convince him that he had to follow rules.

But Mufasa was curious. Lord Roho was strong enough to have Uovu into a submit, so she had to have her ways as well. She was the leader after all.

Mufasa looked back to Uovu and out of his ponderings.

Seaki

Divine Star

Quickbeamed

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:55 pm
User Image

Lucky for Uovu and Mufasa, Hodari'roho was in an unusually good mood. Her once-annoying captive had finally seemed to give up hope, which made him much easier to deal with. Kaihdin's training was going very well, and so far, there had been no intruders on her territory that day. It was a good day indeed.

But her mind couldn't help but shift to the thought of Uovu. He had been disappearing every so often and she wasn't sure where he was going. Until now, it hadn't been any big deal, but now she was following his trail, curious. After all, she wasn't much of a leader if she couldn't keep track of the few members in her pride.

Her scarlet eyes fell upon a dark shape in the distance, and, with a quick sniff, she recognized it as Uovu. But there was something at his paws, a little creature that looked like a cub. Her heart sped up and claws unsheathed instinctively. Roho wouldn't hurt a cub, but why the hell was he with Uovu? She had noticed something blossoming between Uovu and Katavi, despite their constant arguments and jabs, and the thought of him betraying her daughter was absolutely enraging.

"Uovu," she called roughly. She wouldn't get anywhere by attacking him, but she was going to find out the truth.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:09 am
Uovu managed a smile, a real one this time, and cuffed Mufasa with a paw heartily over the head.

"You'll do fine," he said, and was surprised to find himself purring. Uovu was, in fact, taking quite well to the boy, even if he wasn't his biological son. Still, this reason was not powerful enough to disuade his good views of Fasa, and so he stood strong and kept on walking. They'd be at camp soon, and he'd meet with Roho eventually.

Then again, maybe Mufasa didn't deserve this. Was Uovu about to introduce the kid to a world that was harsher than the average lion's?
Maybe they should turn back...

"Uovu."

The male tensed, and he whirled around. Too late. His eyes locked with Roho's at once, and without thinking, the adult impulsively lowered his head in respect.

"Roho."

He wasn't sure why, but there seemed to be some tention in the air. Uovu hoped that he was properly prepared. Mufasa was ready, and Roho looked to be in a suitable mood. All was well. Uovu just needed to be strong, present himself well, and stay cool.

"I've brought someone," he started, nudging Mufasa forward with his muzzle, "Who's interested in joining the Tononeka. He's strong, and holds a lot of potential. Right now," he paused, "I am his caretaker. So, I ask you now to accept him."

He bowed his head lower, and then looked up at Roho with strong eyes, although inside he felt insanely fearful. But he knew.
He couldn't show any weakness to Roho.
Not in the slightest.

Kinreii

Seaki

Divine Star

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:24 am
Mufasa smiled up at his father, but it didn't last long. Uovu has spun around to face a white, red and blue lioness. He blinked curiously, though he was a bit nervous. He was more curious then nervouse he supposed.

He felt a small nudge on his back from Uovu. He looked back to Uovu for a split second beofre looking back to Roho.

He didn't know what to say to the Lord. He wasn't going to make a fool of himself that's for sure. He relaxed his soulders and bowed a little and started to speak. "It's a pleasure to meet you," he said, since that was the only thing he could think of at the moment.

He remained calm, thinking through the sernarios. He had plently of questions but about things that were most likely useless to the Lord. He didn't know how to word them anyhow.

He'd wait for her to speak. That would be the deal, yes. He'd wait for the Lord to speak. He looked up at her, not afraid to look into the Lioness's Scarlet eyes.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:56 am
"His caretaker, hmm?"

There was a dangerous fire in her eyes, one that only someone close to her - like Uovu - could recognize. "How did you two meet? And... have you mentioned him to Katavi?" Roho raised her brows, her voice steely.

After staring at the male for a moment, she turned her gaze to the cub, her eyes softening slightly. "And you, boy," she said, voice having lost the hard edge. "I'm Hodari'roho, queen of the Tononeka. What is your name?"

Quickbeamed

Kinreii

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:12 am
Uovu couldn't help but cringe. Staying strong wasn't easy to do, especially when he was being stared down by a powerful figure like Roho. Before he had time to think, the questions came pouring down on him as fast as sniper-fire, and he almost jumped back, stunned, as Roho's questions slashed their way into his mind.

"How did you two meet?"

Quickly, calmly, he opened his mouth to reply, but was practically shot down by Roho's next comment before he could utter even a word.

"Have you mentioned him to Katavi?"

"K...Katavi?!" he started, "What are you saying, out of the blue? Katavi has nothing to do with this, so why?"

And then, the horrible feeling sunk in. Oh no. No, no, no. Surely Roho didn't think...

She did.

"He's my son," he stuttered, feeling a little taken back, and threatened, "I met Mufasa while out on a patrol, a walk, past the borders. I remember the day well. Raining, and quite chilly. Strong winds. The boy looked like he needed someone to take care of him, and I took him under my wing."

He paused, and raised his head higher.

"Although it is not my decision to make, he'd be perfect for the Tononeka, Roho. Though, I'll make it clear to you and Katavi," he raised his voice at this, "I'm a foster parent. This kid is not my biological son. But he is strong. And worthy of the pride. Aren't you, Mufasa?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:37 am
"As My father said, My name is Mufasa," The cub gave a firm nod like he usually did when agreeing to something.

He paused to wonder who this Katavi person was but didn't comment. It wasn't his business right? The Lord's voice seemed really cold when she commented on it.

Mufasa looked back to his father. "Well, you can't be my real father. Both of them are gone," He said calmly, like his parents didn't matter. He was fostered his whole life, so it didn't bother him.

"But... I'm probably strong. I dunno. What do you think Lord Hodari'roho," He was curious. He wanted to test this lioness. I mean, no one can expect Mufasa to just start following rules become a lioness told him so.

He still didn't know what to do and not to do. He wrapped his tail around his front paw. He'd probably be tested for commenting. He didn't know how he was going to be tested, so he started to ponder again. Thinking it through. He was a bit on edge. He thought more. He was, of course, in someone elses territory testing their leader.

Seaki

Divine Star

Quickbeamed

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:47 am
Roho lifted her head sharply to look at Uovu. "I trust you in my pride," she said softly, her voice barely audible. "But I do not yet trust you with Katavi." The simple words made her point clear: Uovu would be watched closely when it came to anything that might affect the dark furred lioness. "I believe you right now, though. There's very little resemblance between the two of you." With that, she turned her eyes back to Mufasa, a flicker of a smile showing on her lips.

"Mufasa," she said. "Do you know that there was once a king with that same name? He led a huge pride to the north. His style of ruling was not to my taste, but he was a good, strong leader. Perhaps you will grow into the same traits. You're still young and so I cannot judge very well whether or not you're strong. I do think, however, that you have much potential, and so you're welcome to join my pride if you want." As an afterthought, she added, "On one condition. Uovu... Mufasa is your responsibility. I have enough on my paws as it is, raising my own children." Since Uovu had been the one to bring him here, she figured that he would probably accept these terms.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:05 am
"I trust you in my pride, but I do not yet trust you with Katavi."

Uovu shivered. He felt like a teenage boy, one of whom was asking for a inlaw's support, and being looked down upon. Although he knew that Roho did not dislike him, he could not help himself but feel as though he had somehow failed his leader in some way.
He raised his head, and fluffed up his mane.

"I will never hurt Katavi," he stated, to the point.

And he honestly believed those words to be true. Sure, the pair were having their ups-and-downs, but he really liked her. He wanted her. And besides, she was too hot to cheat on, anyway. There was hardly another girl for him.

Turning Mufasa, he gave the boy's ear a lick, and looked Roho straight in the eye. He must be strong, and speak to her as if he were her equal, though display a certain amount of submission at the same time. Show no weakness, but show loyalty. Dedication.

No matter what, Roho was his leader, and he would serve her, and carry out her every word.

"Of course," he said simply, "I realise that he is to be my responsibility. I wouldn't expect otherwise. I came here prepared to look after him, Lord Roho, not to push him onto you, or to demand you feed him. Soon, he will be strong enough to take care of himself, but until then, he'll be in my paws, and I will teach him everything I know. Everything a Tononeka warrior and sentry should know."

He hoped that he wasn't pushing it. Talking about controversial matters with his leader was rather risky.

Kinreii

Seaki

Divine Star

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:10 am
Mufasa frowned. Of couse he knew. How couldn't he? Everyone always told him how great of a ruler and about everything he's ever done. It was like he was expected to live up to that ruler's name.

He attempted to ignore it for the time being. He didn't want to upset his new lord. Not yet anyways.

He calmed himself. There was no use in getting worked up over little comments that angered him slightly. Especially to someone with more power.

He looked back up to Uovu after his ear was licked lightly. He'd have to ask who this Katavi was soon. After Roho left so he didn't show any disrespect.

He'd get better in time. He'd make sure of it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:36 am
"You'd better not," she hissed softly, but then dropped the subject.

"I see, and I'm glad we have an understanding. Mufasa can stay with you in your den, or he can take up residence in the den beside it, which will someday be for the youths in the pride. It's up to you two to decide. Mufasa..." she turned to him, her red eyes softer than usual. "Katavi and I hunted earlier, and there's some meat left on the carcass. It's near the center of the came. Uovu will show you where it is, if you're hungry. If you have any questions, which I'm sure you must, feel free to ask anyone, myself included."

Was she forgetting anything? Tain!

"There is a den on the opposite side of the camp that you should not enter. What is in there is of no importance to you. There will be consequences if you disobey this rule, so be warned. I have six cubs of my own, so I'll inform them of you. Some of them can be quite protective of our territory." There was pride obvious in her voice. "You might want to introduce yourself to the boy with all black fur first. Camulos is the most docile of them. Oh, and my daughter Kaihdin... she has black fur with some blue and white markings. I'd appreciate it if you let her be for a while. She's undergoing training to become the queen someday and doesn't need any distractions."

Pausing, she decided that was enough for now.

Quickbeamed

Kinreii

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:32 am
Uovu flinched at his leader's harsh words, but retained his composure. There was no reason to get worked up about these sorts of things. If Roho didn't trust him with Katavi, then it was his fault, and he had no right to question her. It was not his place.

He was almost thankful when the subject was dropped, and instead turned to think about Mufasa's lodgings.

"That decision is really up to Mufasa," he said, brightening a little, "I'll give him that choice. You can't force a warrior to sleep under the eye of a parent, but then again, the place is still unfamiliar for him, I'd suppose. Wide and open. Kind of eerie. It's your first time in the Southlands, isn't it, Fasa?"

He continued on.

"You can leave location introductions up to me, Roho. I am, after all, a sentry... it's my job to know places well," he winked at Mufasa, "And tracking, especially. So, I'll get him settled in. It will, however, be up to Mufasa to greet Camulos and the others."

Uovu dipped his head once more, and then raised a forepaw in a salute.

"Thankyou for accepting him, Lord Roho. Your kindness is great."

[PUB] The Southlands (Unclaimed)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff