Welcome to Gaia! ::

~The Haven For Harry Potter Fanatics~

Back to Guilds

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Dumbledore's Army, Marauders, Magic 

Reply Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics
You knew it would come eventually - The Romance Thread Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-okonomiyaki o konomu-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:13 pm
Now, I don't want to start any shipping wars, but I thought maybe we could have discussions about the pairings we think might happen or already happened or that we would like to happen but probably won't or any other romance-related aspect of the book.

Personally, I'm a Ron/Hermione shipper. I think we can all agree they're probably going to get together, it's more a matter of when and how long they'll stay together. I know a lot of people who aren't R/Hr shippers use their arguing as a reason for why they're not suited. However, I don't think arguing is a bad thing at all. I read an editorial that mentioned how Hermione is generally an argumentative person. I think this is true; if you notice, she does like to start debates with other characters (she's done so with Percy and Hagrid, and other characters). Now, as someone who likes to argue myself, I can understand that there is something enjoyable about arguing, and I'm sure Hermione probably feels that way. And arguing isn't always full of resentment; there are plenty of older couples that argue regularly but still love (and like) each other fine. Anyway, I don't feel like going too much into R/Hr (A little too late, I know ^^; wink , because I'm sure most of us have heard it before.

My other main ship is Neville/Ginny. Weird, I know, but I think it's possible. I think Neville likes Ginny; in the chapter "Out of the Fire" in OotP, when everyone's captured by the Inquisatorial Squad, one of the IS says, "'That one,' he poked a thick finger at Neville, 'tried to stop me taking her,' he pointed at Ginny" (742)... JKR's use of italics emphasizes that it was Neville trying to save Ginny. I think Ginny would be good for Neville. Not only does she inspire him to be a lot bolder, as that aforementioned example also shows, but she doesn't put up with his low self-esteem (unlike everyone else, who accept/ignore it), as can be seen on the train to Hogwarts:
Quote:
"And I don't know who you are."
"I'm nobody," said Neville hurriedly.
"No, you're not," said Ginny sharply.

(185-186, US Hardcover)
Ginny would definitely help Neville get over his self-esteem problem. Plus I'd think they'd be cute together, a kind of opposites attract-type thing. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:20 pm
OOOOH! I am very pro Hermonie-Ron and Ginny-Neville. I wouldn't mind seeing Harry and Luna. I love her so much xD I was her for Hallowe'en!  

Sakura_kura
Vice Captain

KimCL
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:24 pm
I like Hermione/Ron...Harry and Luna would be interesting, or Harry and Gina, though I don't care that much for Ginny. Luna looks like the type that wouldn't have a boyfriend to me, maybe her and Neville? Although Neville and Ginny might make a good couple too.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:25 pm
I'll keep my slashy bits out of this thread. <3

Though I agree that Ron and Hermione will get together, and it'd be cool for Neville to hook up with Ginny. I just finished the first book for the x-th time and have a new found liking for Neville.  

Baby Phantomhive
Vice Captain

-okonomiyaki o konomu-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:25 pm
Sakura_kura
OOOOH! I am very pro Hermonie-Ron and Ginny-Neville. I wouldn't mind seeing Harry and Luna. I love her so much xD I was her for Hallowe'en!

Yeah, I don't consider myself a Harry/Luna shipper (I don't really ship Harry with anyone), but I can see that as a very possible pairing (especially since it doesn't interfere with my other ships ^^). I'm very surprised to see someone else who supports Ginny/Neville, though. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:26 pm
What ships do I like, or what ships do I actually think will happen? I strongly believe that Hermione/Ron will be the only serious romance to take place, although other characters may have brief relationships.
I have nothing against Harry/Luna, she's the only one I don't hate to see Harry with, but I have no great love for it, either. Neville/Ginny... well, I don't like either character, but it is feasable.

On the complete other hand, I ship:
Harry/Draco
Harry/Severus
Remus/Sirius
Dean/Seamus
and several other slash pairings. But none of them will actually happen...  

Empress_Kat
Crew

Sakura_kura
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:28 pm
KirikoAkushi
Sakura_kura

Yeah, I don't consider myself a Harry/Luna shipper (I don't really ship Harry with anyone), but I can see that as a very possible pairing (especially since it doesn't interfere with my other ships ^^). I'm very surprised to see someone else who supports Ginny/Neville, though. biggrin

Well, good, shipping people might be bad gonk especally for people on the recieving end.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:30 pm
Empress_Kat
What ships do I like, or what ships do I actually think will happen? I strongly believe that Hermione/Ron will be the only serious romance to take place, although other characters may have brief relationships.

On the complete other hand, I ship:
Harry/Draco
Harry/Severus
Remus/Sirius
Dean/Seamus
and several other slash pairings. But none of them will actually happen...

Dean/Seamus... Haven't heard that one before. ^^ I think that would be cute.

I do also support Sirius/Remus, though I know there won't be any explicit slash in the books, but if there were, you know they'd be likely candidates. biggrin  

-okonomiyaki o konomu-

KimCL
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:32 pm
I hope theres no slash in the books... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:35 pm
KimCL

I wouldn't worry. ^^  

-okonomiyaki o konomu-

Sakura_kura
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:37 pm
I love Sirius/Lupin blaugh  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:37 pm
KimCL

Yeah, there won't be... It'd be kind of horrible for sales, public relations, JKR could be in some trouble.

Besides, that would take all the fun out of slash fanfiction.  

Empress_Kat
Crew

Sakura_kura
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:38 pm
Empress_Kat
KimCL

Yeah, there won't be... It'd be kind of horrible for sales, public relations, JKR could be in some trouble.

Besides, that would take all the fun out of slash fanfiction.

It would take the fun out of it, But I'd like it so much gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:38 pm
KirikoAkushi
KimCL

I wouldn't worry. ^^

Yeah im not against it, it's just that a lot of little kids read the books. There was this little kid in the store I mean little and she was talking about my shirt and said she had read every single harry potter book in about the time it would take me to read one... xd  

KimCL
Captain

Sakura_kura
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:53 pm
KimCL
KirikoAkushi
KimCL

I wouldn't worry. ^^

Yeah im not against it, it's just that a lot of little kids read the books. There was this little kid in the store I mean little and she was talking about my shirt and said she had read every single harry potter book in about the time it would take me to read one... xd

gonk That's insanity.  
Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces