Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Rpgs R Us:: *Escape Reality*Enter Imagination*

Back to Guilds

RPing guild with high literacy and zero slave or vampire RPs. Come help us grow! 

Tags: X-Men, Cowboy Bebop, Final Fantasy, Arabian, Pokemon 

Reply Rpgs R Us
RPG Suggestion- Worlds of Nintendo/ Captain N-esque game.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ryushikaze
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:06 pm
Just so this is formally approved over here as well, I'm going to note that this is a reboot of the Captain N RP that Corsario created.

Only it's much more akin to the Captain N setting than anything else.

In this world, all video game worlds are distinct and separate, existing either across the vast expanses of space, or in a different dimension. Though other methods exist, the most common form of inter-'game' travel is warp portals, which generally appear as unstable holes in the fabric of a world that lead to other world. Most of these close off quickly, and can be opened only by those who know how to use them, though the inner systems have stablized and made a transit system of interconnected portals.

It is, however, the outer systems which are having troubles. Here, the portals are getting worse. They're opening unprovoked, and echo portals- portals which lead into recreations of past events- are opening, and in rare cases, bleeding out into the current timeline. At least one echo portal has bled across the dimensional barrier, unleashing walking skeletons upon Liberty City. Others are now using the portals to cause havoc.

That's where you come in. Whether as a member of the portal runners, a peacekeeping force dedicated to keeping the peace among the systems (A la Captain N and the gamemasters), as a local trying to curtail trouble, or just as a curious soul, you will be traipsing back and forth across the worlds of the video game universe to keep things in line.

Then again, maybe you won't. Maybe you'll be working to further the chaos, or to profit from inter-system crime.
After all, what's a video game without a villain?

Now, this was approved back over at RPGs R Us's EZboard, but just to make sure you're still interested, might I get a vote on this?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:12 pm
YES.

I liked Nintendo Worlds and I love this idea. Vive Captain N!  

Elfgirl M-chan
Captain

Platonix

Vice Captain

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:04 pm
YES

Worlds of Nintendo: Now You're Really Playing With Power!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:49 am
Yes! It was great fun, but the splitty-uppy-dungeons slowed us down.  

BonzaiRob

Elfgirl M-chan
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:51 am
Seriously. I have a feeling that this won't involve splitting up to that magnitude...but I have a feeling that it WILL involve more fun with the worlds of Nintendo than we should probably be able to have. XD  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:10 am
I promise there will be less of the splitty uppy dungeons if this reboot takes.  

Ryushikaze
Crew

Elfgirl M-chan
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:23 pm
Excellent. I was hoping you'd say that.

I really hope that we're able to get this started soon. XD  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:25 pm
/stomps topic with Topic-Kicking Boot/ Hey there! Anyone else interested in this?
Come to think of it, how many YES votes do we need these days.../goes to check Rules topic/

...okay, so...
YES Votes: 3/5
NO Votes: 0
(safe)  

Platonix

Vice Captain

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25

BonzaiRob

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:41 pm
Just thinking... I've been following the smash brothers site like the desperate fanboy that I am. The adventure mode is called "The Subspace Emissary"; that and the non-Ninty characters makes me think that a linking of worlds such as this RP might be the plot.
On the other side, I remember a mention somewhere that the fighters in Smash Bros aren't actually the real ones but, like in previous intro movies, are animated trophies. But the intro movies they've release for each character say otherwise.

Perhaps, even without the necessary votes, we could put this on hold until the admin plays the game for himself and decides.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:41 am
So, having played SSBB and SSE, I say no to the SSE structure. Something similar IS happening, but this is a scenario in which the characters are real, not figurines.

They'll also be more or less to scale, which means you might want to shy away from Kirby and his gang, seeing as they're 8 inches tall.

Ryushikaze
Crew

BonzaiRob

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:09 pm
To be honest, it looks like the core people who'd play this have already voted. I'm not crew, but I say let's get out the controllers and fire it up.  
Rpgs R Us

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games