Welcome to Gaia! ::

The xxxHolic Guild

Back to Guilds

Fans of CLAMP's xxxHolic, you were not guided here by chance -- here you can ponder and discuss, or just hang with other Holic-holics!! 

Tags: crossover, holic, clamp, tsubasa, yaoi 

Reply The xxxHolic Guild
Who Reads Tsubasa along with XXXholic Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who Reads Both?
  Me
  Not Me
  *Takes Gold* $_$
  Pole Whore
View Results

clumsydancer777

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 11:06 am
ive read and watched both. i have to say i liked holic better cause it had more funny moments. plus i love yuko in tsubasa so ya know...  
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 9:47 am
I read both and watched the anime, still watching Xxxholc Kei.  

Serene Rainstorm

Durem Mage

59,325 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cookie Collector 400
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350

Julienne Dreams

Beloved Sweetheart

24,850 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:15 pm
I read each volume as it comes out and watched the animes.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:04 pm
I read both books. And I love how both read go together.  

Random Fan Hag Witch

Lonely Fairy

38,575 Points
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Budding Witch 250

Binh_Minh084

Hilarious Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:12 am
I read both of them biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:51 pm
I've read both, and I only watched part of Holic, and I think I watched all of Tsubasa. I can't really tell. I kinda feel that I watched them in a jumbled mess. Well thats because I attempted to watch the whole series on Youtube. My advice on that is don't try it  

Wonyky

Blessed Prophet

singing shark
Vice Captain

Assimilated Borg

8,600 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:26 am
Wonyky
I've read both, and I only watched part of Holic, and I think I watched all of Tsubasa. I can't really tell. I kinda feel that I watched them in a jumbled mess. Well thats because I attempted to watch the whole series on Youtube. My advice on that is don't try it
How long ago did you finish the anime? It was much easier streaming stuff back when both were airing. or at least up to about 3-4 years ago. I can't imagine trying it today (at least in the US), with companies deleting content on a daily basis.

And honestly, the anime for both series don't require too much work to understand in order, I doubt the jumble would prove too big a problem c:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:18 pm
singing shark
Wonyky
How long ago did you finish the anime? It was much easier streaming stuff back when both were airing. or at least up to about 3-4 years ago. I can't imagine trying it today (at least in the US), with companies deleting content on a daily basis.

And honestly, the anime for both series don't require too much work to understand in order, I doubt the jumble would prove too big a problem c:

I think it was a few years ago when I started watching it. I can't really give you a year since it was a pretty long time ago I think. I can say that it was during my blooming period for when I fully discovered Anime. So I think it was about two or maybe three years ago give or take a year or two.

And you are completly right, it doesn't really need to be watched in order to understand it. But when that happens I feel that I missed out on part of the story. Then when I watch a episode that references one that I haven't seen I won't understand it.

Another thing is if you want to watch anime you have to go to one of those free streaming sights, but alot of them are kinda put on a krutch when Mega video was taken down because of copy right infrigment.  

Wonyky

Blessed Prophet

E.Beth

Apocalyptic Codger

19,050 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:11 am
I read both. The endings made more sense with reading both of them, I found, than reading them separately.

You could still enjoy them separately but some of the stuff in xxxHOLIC, like the egg and Watanuki's very existence, made more sense after reading Tsubasa.  
The xxxHolic Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff