Reply ::Gamer Chicks::
DewPrism/Threads of Fate

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Luunna

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:52 pm
There's an old PS1 game I love playing. It's called Threads of Fate, or as its original title was, DewPrism. I love everything about this game- The diversity of the characters, the storyline, the powers each character has and even the graphics people said weren't good enough. Unfortunately, this poor RPG got lost in the rush of other PS1 games, and the release of the PS2, therego it never got the attention it deserved.

So, has anyone heard of/sought after/played/owned this game? Whenever I ask people at my school, they just stare at me with a blank expression D=

I, for one, own the game. I love it oodles <3 But I can't find the DewPrism soundtrack.

*EDIT* Screenshots! =D

Mint kicking a** with her magic.

Rue's vague promise.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:18 pm
I beat that game! Mint was seriously one of the greatest characters in any Sqaresoft game, EVER. World Domination, Baby! I didn't like Rue that much, but Mint more than made up for it.

It sucks how they just left the ending open for a sequel and never delivered though. The soundtrack was so good, I can't find it either. I've looked around online too. I just want to stick Mint's song on my iPod and walk around all sleazy-like, insulting people and whatnot. The opening theme's awesome too.  

Falafel25

6,550 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

Luunna

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:54 pm
Falafel25
I beat that game! Mint was seriously one of the greatest characters in any Sqaresoft game, EVER. World Domination, Baby! I didn't like Rue that much, but Mint more than made up for it.

It sucks how they just left the ending open for a sequel and never delivered though. The soundtrack was so good, I can't find it either. I've looked around online too. I just want to stick Mint's song on my iPod and walk around all sleazy-like, insulting people and whatnot. The opening theme's awesome too.
xD

I'm still stuck in both Rue and Mint's games D=  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:50 pm
When I was twelve I went to see family members in Sacramento. They had demo CD and, You guessed it, Threads Of fate was on it. After I played it, I immediatly fell in love with the game. The game play was awesome and I loved Mint's attitude. The music of Corona forest was very pretty. I would love to find it's soundtrack as well.

Anyway, I like both stories, but I especially like the way Mint grows in her story, but is still the same spunky magical girl. She can be a good person and still be selfish. I also loved the way the Rue decides to live life the way he loves to live. It was sweet of him to want save Claire.

Anyway, I couldn't give a rat's a** about the grafic, the story kicked a**! Loooooved this game.  

ji-an

Mega Hunter

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Mark Twain 100

Luunna

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:43 pm
ji-an
When I was twelve I went to see family members in Sacramento. They had demo CD and, You guessed it, Threads Of fate was on it. After I played it, I immediatly fell in love with the game. The game play was awesome and I loved Mint's attitude. The music of Corona forest was very pretty. I would love to find it's soundtrack as well.

Anyway, I like both stories, but I especially like the way Mint grows in her story, but is still the same spunky magical girl. She can be a good person and still be selfish. I also loved the way the Rue decides to live life the way he loves to live. It was sweet of him to want save Claire.

Anyway, I couldn't give a rat's a** about the grafic, the story kicked a**! Loooooved this game.
I have that demo disc too! =D

That's what got me into it 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:09 pm
I got into the game from reading a review in Game Informer. I wouldn't have even noticed the review if it hadn't been on the opposite page from the review for The Misadventures of Tron Bonne (at the time I was watching the Mega Man Legends games's progress like mad). I didn't get it though, and about four years passed. Then my friend wound up with a copy, I played it, fell in love, and bought it myself.

Which part are you stuck at?  

Falafel25

6,550 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

Luunna

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:17 am
Falafel25
I got into the game from reading a review in Game Informer. I wouldn't have even noticed the review if it hadn't been on the opposite page from the review for The Misadventures of Tron Bonne (at the time I was watching the Mega Man Legends games's progress like mad). I didn't get it though, and about four years passed. Then my friend wound up with a copy, I played it, fell in love, and bought it myself.

Which part are you stuck at?
In Rue's, the fight with Valen where he has Claire's body. In Mint's the part where I had to go to the weird forest place with the cat things sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:26 am
I always wanted to play, but never got the chance. Maybe I'll hunt it down. X3  

Electrically

Hilarious Seeker

Luunna

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:40 am
Mikomi Rae
I always wanted to play, but never got the chance. Maybe I'll hunt it down. X3
Good luck>< As I once heard it described, it's one of those buried treasure games that you need a four leafed clover to find.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:10 pm
Try eBay. It's probably the only place that has it in the world anymore, if anything.

@Luunna:
For Rue's fight, it just takes a lot of hacking and slashing and patience. You're at the second to last fight!

Is the part where you've got Mint at the place where you first get the green magic, after you ride the Pulsar Inferno Typhoon Omega?  

Falafel25

6,550 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

Luunna

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:51 pm
Falafel25
Try eBay. It's probably the only place that has it in the world anymore, if anything.

@Luunna:
For Rue's fight, it just takes a lot of hacking and slashing and patience. You're at the second to last fight!

Is the part where you've got Mint at the place where you first get the green magic, after you ride the Pulsar Inferno Typhoon Omega?
Ah, thanks ^_^

And yeah, I passed all that. I just beat Belle. I'm now lost in the stupid little town in the trees>< I can't find my way around the levers.  
::Gamer Chicks::

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games