Welcome to Gaia! ::

~The Haven For Harry Potter Fanatics~

Back to Guilds

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Dumbledore's Army, Marauders, Magic 

Reply Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics
The Great Hall (A meeting place for those of all Houses) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 168 169 170 171 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Empress_Kat
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:47 pm
chibi_chan
I just thought, think if you'd live in Japan. They are 8+ from us, and we are kinda 6h from most places of USA. Well it's 9 hour + from UK. Not that I think many japanese people reads it in english. Would they get the book before UK?
I don't think so, but it's an interesting theory.

Sometimes I love the timezones. Other times, I hate it. xd

Yeah, it makes sense if they did... I'm not entirely sure, but this is interesting... and totally not fair.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:48 pm
Yes exacly. Maybe they don't have midnightrelise, that they instead get 9 am in the morning.  

chibi_chan
Crew

Baby Phantomhive
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:52 pm
chibi_chan
Yes exacly. Maybe they don't have midnightrelise, that they instead get 9 am in the morning.

Heh, that'd suck. I gues a few hours doesn't make too much of a difference though. Books still going to be there at one point. I hope.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:06 pm
It's worse for them who is not living in a english speaking country, or just can't understand english. They have to wait until the book gets translated. As I use to do until book 4. Then I relised, I wasn't so bad at english anyway.

(Easier to read and understand than writing)  

chibi_chan
Crew

Baby Phantomhive
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:10 pm
chibi_chan
It's worse for them who is not living in a english speaking country, or just can't understand english. They have to wait until the book gets translated. As I use to do until book 4. Then I relised, I wasn't so bad at english anyway.

(Easier to read and understand than writing)

Your English seems fine to me. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:11 pm
Thanks San. blaugh

Yours is very good too. xd  

chibi_chan
Crew

Baby Phantomhive
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:19 pm
chibi_chan
Thanks San. blaugh

Yours is very good too. xd

Aw, you called me san. redface  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:21 pm
Yup yup I did. I checked what your nicknames were, and there it was, San.

Now you can tell me the story how you became San?  

chibi_chan
Crew

chibi_chan
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:30 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:37 pm
chibi_chan
Yup yup I did. I checked what your nicknames were, and there it was, San.

Now you can tell me the story how you became San?

Sure. It all started freshman year...

At my highschool, we sponsor Japanese adults to come over on an exchange program where they help the Japanese teachers and sort of teacher-aide. Anyways, freshman year we had this guy first semester named Hiroyuki Abe. All the students called him Abe-san, even though we should have been calling Abe-sensei. He didn't mind, we all though he was barely out of his teens, so we treated him like another student.

Well, my best friend had a major crush on him for who knows what reason (He wasn't very atttractive. *cough*). She bought him Christmas and Birthday gifts and everything. We went as far as exchanging emails, phone numbers, and meeting this guy at the mall to hangout. Even though we spoke in English most the time, we'd refer to each other as Uendii-san, Oribia-san, and Abe-san.

Eventually, he had to go back to Japan. But a few days before he left, he revealed a little bit of information to my friend. He had just turned 30! That was enough for her, she got so creeped out by the thought that she would cringe at hearing her name being called, 'Uendii-san'. So, since we had 2nd hour together and we tease each other about everything, I would say 'Uendii-san' really slowly and creepy like randomly to bug her.

This lasted for about a month, resulting in tons of giggling and the like. Soon she got sick of my picking on her so she decided to retaliate by calling me 'Oribia-san'. It really didn't have the same effect, just made us laugh. It got to the point where mid-lesson one of us just had to slip, 'saaaaaaaan', and we'd be entertained.

I'm not sure why it stuck, but ever since we referred to each other as san. We only use our real names when we're being serious, but that's not often. Even her family refers to me as san now. So san stuck.

Wooo, that was off topic. Anyways, I'm happy theres only 13 more days until the release! That's less than two weeks.  

Baby Phantomhive
Vice Captain

Baby Phantomhive
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:42 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:43 pm
I'm BAAAAACK! And don't even get me started on nicknames...  

Fear My Bloody Fangs.
Vice Captain

Baby Phantomhive
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:45 pm
Fear My Bloody Fangs.

Welcome back. Heh, long stories they tend to be.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:45 pm
You know what, I'm starting a "Nicknames and how you go them" post, just for the heck of it.  

Fear My Bloody Fangs.
Vice Captain

Fear My Bloody Fangs.
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:46 pm
majestueux
Fear My Bloody Fangs.

Welcome back. Heh, long stories they tend to be.

Nah, I just have a ton of them, Me and my friends have a thing for nicknames and insde jokes. I think the only person who still goes by there real name is cam...  
Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 168 169 170 171 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff