Welcome to Gaia! ::

~The Haven For Harry Potter Fanatics~

Back to Guilds

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Dumbledore's Army, Marauders, Magic 

Reply Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics
The Great Hall (A meeting place for those of all Houses) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 168 169 170 171 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Baby Phantomhive
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:18 pm
We have over ten members, I'm so proud! So what are everyone's plan for the release of the Half-blood Prince? I think helping to create this guild is doing it for me. I'm really happy to have fans come together. Maybe I'll re-read some of the books too, it's been a while since I read OotP. So what about you?

EDIT: Heyla, all! Empress_Kat here! chibi_chan and I were talking, around pg 9 of this thread. We figure that it's become basically a place for general talking, and decided to make it official. Hope nobody minds!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:21 pm
Well me and my friends are going to Borders to get the book the second it comes out. Though the day of the 15th I'm going to have to put up some spoiler rules.  

Fear My Bloody Fangs.
Vice Captain

chibi_chan
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:24 pm
Do something like if anyone spoiler, they will be banned! They would deserve it. But I don't think anyone here would do such a terrible thing.

I've already re-read all the books before the release I started a bit earlier than I had planned. I'm reading other books I've planned on doing.
Then the 15th-16th I'm going to midnight release, if my town has one. xp I hope so. Then I will read all night long.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:24 pm
I'm going to read OotP again, probably tonight, spur of the moment. After I read HBP, though, I'm planning on reading all the others again. By the time I'm done, I figure enough people will be done HBP that I can talk about it online.

As far as opening night goes, my town is small, our bookstore won't even be open at midnight, so I'm going to the bookstore around 5am on the 16th.  

Empress_Kat
Crew

Baby Phantomhive
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:25 pm
Fear My Bloody Fangs.
Well me and my friends are going to Borders to get the book the second it comes out. Though the day of the 15th I'm going to have to put up some spoiler rules.

Great, I was going to suggest that. I swear, the day it's released will be like the day the world fell silent and reads.

I'm getting mine @ Borders too. But my other friends are getting their's @ Waldenbooks, which sucks. I'll probably just go and then come home and read, no partying.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:27 pm
Yeah, what I'm going to do is tell them to post "Spoiler" in there topic if there is one and if they don't and there is I give them a warning and delete there topic.  

Fear My Bloody Fangs.
Vice Captain

Vampire_Empress_Ivy16

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:05 pm
I can't wait till the Half-Blood Prince comes out,it seems very intersting.Sadly I have no money so I probably will have to wait and see if my school gets it.I've actually haven't heared to much about it,I should re-read the harry potter books too.How mcuh does the book cost any way?See I just started my job so I only get paid 6.25 crying .  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:52 pm
I have to say, one of the worst things that suck about living in Alaska (and trust me when I say there are many), is we are the LAST PEOPLE ON THE PLANET to reach midnight. While the rest of the world is collecting the books, I'll still be waiting for the clock to strike.  

Baby Phantomhive
Vice Captain

Empress_Kat
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:54 pm
majestueux
I have to say, one of the worst things that suck about living in Alaska (and trust me when I say there are many), is we are the LAST PEOPLE ON THE PLANET to reach midnight. While the rest of the world is collecting the books, I'll still be waiting for the clock to strike.

Really? Doesn't Alaska have the same time as BC? Or are you a whole new time zone because you're American?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:00 pm
Empress_Kat
majestueux

Really? Doesn't Alaska have the same time as BC? Or are you a whole new time zone because you're American?

I think we're behind an hour or two. It's not because Alaska is a state, it's because it's so damn huge. I think we have a few time zones in this state. Hawaii might share some of them.

[edit] Anchorage has the same time zone as Vancouver. That's where I live, so I guess it's not so bad.  

Baby Phantomhive
Vice Captain

Empress_Kat
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:07 pm
majestueux
Empress_Kat
majestueux

I think we're behind an hour or two. It's not because Alaska is a state, it's because it's so damn huge. I think we have a few time zones in this state. Hawaii might share some of them.

[edit] Anchorage has the same time zone as Vancouver. That's where I live, so I guess it's not so bad.

Okay, and that's Pacific Time Zone, right? That's the one that's most to the west. Then I'm in Central, so that's... yeah, three hours behind. Damn, I wish I lived in, like, England or somewhere else more east then here. Newfoundland would do, even... except, ewww, Newfoundland.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:10 pm
Heh, I live one hour from England. In Sweden, it's pretty nice.  

chibi_chan
Crew

Baby Phantomhive
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:11 pm
Empress_Kat
Okay, and that's Pacific Time Zone, right? That's the one that's most to the west. Then I'm in Central, so that's... yeah, three hours behind. Damn, I wish I lived in, like, England or somewhere else more east then here. Newfoundland would do, even... except, ewww, Newfoundland.

Hour behind Pacific, but close enough. I wouldn't mind living in Europe myself.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:42 pm
I just thought, think if you'd live in Japan. They are 8+ from us, and we are kinda 6h from most places of USA. Well it's 9 hour + from UK. Not that I think many japanese people reads it in english. Would they get the book before UK?
I don't think so, but it's an interesting theory.

Sometimes I love the timezones. Other times, I hate it. xd  

chibi_chan
Crew

Baby Phantomhive
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:47 pm
chibi_chan
I just thought, think if you'd live in Japan. They are 8+ from us, and we are kinda 6h from most places of USA. Well it's 9 hour + from UK. Not that I think many japanese people reads it in english. Would they get the book before UK?
I don't think so, but it's an interesting theory.

Sometimes I love the timezones. Other times, I hate it. xd

Does Japan have the same release date as English-speaking countries? I dunno if they'd get it first, they'd reach midnight before the UK. Hm, something to think about.  
Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 168 169 170 171 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff