More Gold
  Heck YES!
View Results

Doctor_Strange

4,800 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:41 am
there are many reasons for which i practice Kuk-Sool-Won. aside from the fact that I enjoy learning to fight effectivly, it is also a way I express myself. sort of like how some express themselves through painting or music I do so through Martial arts training (as odd as it may sound)  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:35 pm
I do martial arts because it helps me with my confidence and I like learning to protect myself .

P.S: I just got promoted to the rank of Gree Belt.  

Bruce Lee52

stardaughterofwind

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:44 pm
Hmmmm, it's rather difficult to explain it. I just love it. It's kinda like what Doctor_Strange said, it's a way of expressing myself with the added bonus of now being able defend myself.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:01 pm
I practice martial arts because it makes me feel better. When I was younger I was never really happy with myself, I was fat and had no real confidence. I was constantly stressing over little things that didnt really matter. I started practacing Karate and grappling and my whole life started turning around. I got stronger, more dedicated, and all the petty little things in my life started mattering less and less. Plus its a good way to work out the stress of the day by pounding the snot out of a bag or getting the snot pounded out of you by somone else lol.  

Roninofthewest

Keyboard Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:00 pm
I take it so I can kill man or beast with my bare hands. Next week I plan on fighting an elephant.....it doesn't stand a chance.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:01 pm
stardaughterofwind
Hmmmm, it's rather difficult to explain it. I just love it. It's kinda like what Doctor_Strange said, it's a way of expressing myself with the added bonus of now being able defend myself.

Shin2

Mangafairy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:43 am
I do it for the comfidence, fitness and mostly for the self-defence aspect.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:54 pm
Honor , Spirituality , Connection to the world , health were the reasons why I practiced I need to get back into it again.  

Vicious_Truth
Captain

Keyboard Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:24 pm
Vicious_Truth
Honor , Spirituality , Connection to the world , health were the reasons why I practiced I need to get back into it again.

Spirituality? Connecting to the world? Since when are these exclusive to martial arts....and since when are they inherent in martial arts?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:14 pm
Spiritual development and survival.  

ArtHic

diseased robot

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:03 pm
because i was robbed twice and i need something to do after school  
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:04 pm
Bruce Lee52
I do martial arts because it helps me with my confidence and I like learning to protect myself .

P.S: I just got promoted to the rank of Gree Belt.
congrats on that promotion  

diseased robot

The United Martial Artists Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces