FFXII Thread

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ayame
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:07 pm
Trying to spur up some conversation (and some life), now that FF12 has come out (and perhaps some of you guys, like myself, are beginning to play it full speed before the winter break ends), what're your thoughts?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:10 am
It's incredible. I was a bit wary about the battle system to begin with, but now I'm in love with it. The whole game is stunning, and a big step up from FFX. The characters are real and complex, the story is great. I love it.

Not to mention it's completely and totally addicting. xd  

Chibicid
Vice Captain

Tahpenes

Quotable Shapeshifter

10,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Champion 300
  • Olympian 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:41 pm
I'm also addicted to FFXII, and I'm spending time playing it when I really should be doing homework or keeping a closer on the baby. sweatdrop

So far it's actually my favorite FF game to date. Of course, though, like pretty much all FF games since 7 it has one major drawback - the assumption that I'm playing with the strategy guide open next to me. There's a part where you need to ride a chocobo to proceed...and it took me HOURS to figure that out. Maybe I'm just kind of clueless, but.... sweatdrop

And I heard that to get the best weapon in the game, there are four treasures chests (jars?) that you can't get or you won't be able to get the weapon. ninja Not that big of a deal (they did something similar in FF6, right?) but at least two of the chests are right in plain view, virtually BEGGING to be opened! Now, how is somebody going to figure that out without the strategy guide? In FF6 it might make sense, since there were likely to be at least some chests you hadn't gotten until the World of Ruin and a person might logically think to themselves, "Geez, this isn't the same crap I was getting in the World of Balance...maybe next play-through I should wait."

sweatdrop talk2hand

But, I can forgive all that, because they finally made a princess character who isn't a white mage love interest.

Getting off my soap-box now....  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:00 am
Agreed with the non-white mage princess thing. I love the fact that she's not falling in love with anyone. She's such a strong character. My favorite characters are the sky-pirates, though. I just love a scalawag. whee  

Kelwyn

Gracious Gaian

9,150 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Citizen 200

Ayame
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:49 pm
Absolutely agree with the non-white mage princess ^^. Ashe, behind Balthier, has been my favorite character in this game.

The licensing system got to me a bit, but I have to admit that it's a lot easier than what FFX's sphere grid was 3nodding .

I guess one slight downside (if you can call it that) to the game is that, well, I think that there's so much to do. The hunts for example are so...fun xd xd . Plus, I discovered out of random that your Bestiary will give new info to the monster as soon as you can kill enough of that same type...which was why there was the numbers on the side for some and not others...and if you're like me, who instantly gets side-tracked once I discover something new, you start running around to all the areas that you've been to before like crazy just to get all the monsters in the bestiary down to zero sweatdrop sweatdrop .

Oh yes, FFXII has been taking a huge chunk of my time as of late....but it'll decrease once I start school next week crying  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:54 pm
Ayame
Plus, I discovered out of random that your Bestiary will give new info to the monster as soon as you can kill enough of that same type...which was why there was the numbers on the side for some and not others...and if you're like me, who instantly gets side-tracked once I discover something new, you start running around to all the areas that you've been to before like crazy just to get all the monsters in the bestiary down to zero sweatdrop sweatdrop .

I made the unfortunate mistake of discovering that too. Haha. I can't find any friggin Wildsnakes in the Giza Plains, and it's upsetting me. blaugh

I never thought of Ashe as being a "non-white mage princess type" but I see it now. I just love her. I was so excited about having a game with a female lead again (although the male lead still remains very sucky). It's interesting, though. The developers said they made the characters such that you could sorta pick your own main character. I like that. Each of them seem to be (at the point where I am in the game) pretty well meshed into the story. They're well-developed thus far and I'm excited to see more.

I'm in love with Fran (I mean...come on...she's a bitchy viera). And Balthier (gotta love the cocky sky pirate pretty boy).  

Chibicid
Vice Captain

The Final Fantasy Freaks Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces