Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:14 am
User Image

It was getting dark in the jungle as the sun set far behind the trees and the day changed to night. It was around this time that the patchy white and brown leopardess decided to go for a walk. Part of it was to escape the snake she now shared a home with, not quite ready and willing to accept the friendly gestures of the strange yellow one just yet. Another part of her was eager to get to know around her new home as well as she knew around her last. How far was it to water? Were there others occupying the trees around here? What of dens, and clearings and the end of the jungle? It was a good idea, in her mind, to get a good feel for where exactly she was.

Mleli stepped quietly along her way, her first little trip was to determine where the nearest water source was. She knew where to find the river, but she'd not yet found if there were any streams nearer by that would serve her well. Anything else she found along the way was a bonus.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:19 am
Boma'burudi slunk unhappily through the jungle, she had come to a place she was sure her latest companion would love. Kubwa was not far from her thoughts and as she weaved her way through trees she noted that the trees would be something he would love, they were much taller than his small one in the Pridelands. Her soft tan pelt was muddied and foiliage stuck at jutted out at odd angles from it, she had slept on the ground, not willing to sleep in a tree. Now traveling as the sun set she was accustom to the dark and her eyes adjusted easily to the odd time of day between the time fo the sun and the time of the moon.

Her wings seemed to be the only thing shimmering as the jungle's roof sheilded what was left of the sun's light. They were still very dull and it would be easy to mistake her for a moving ball of mud or perhaps a monster in the dark. Had three little cubs we all know very well seen her, there would be a chubby one running for the hills. She let out a loud sniff as she noted the area around her.

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

Ecavi

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:42 am
Ever attentive to the details around her on this kind of expedition, Mleli noticed the strange shimmer that came off of the goddess' wings. She stopped her walk to stare off into the distance to try to figure out what the odd slight glow was, and how something could do that in dim light. Of course, she'd seen a couple shiny rocks and water shine before, but this was quite clearly different. The sniffing sound convinced her that whatever it was was alive, for it might move but not sniff without life.

"Hm," she murmured, and put her hunting skills to work to get closer to investigate. She walked slow, crouched low to the ground and paid fairly decent attention to the ground. It paid to have done 100% of your hunting in the same area.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:50 am
Boma was completely absorbed in her thoughts of the week ealier and thinking that something did not feel right at all, and wondering why exactly she had left so abruptly. There was no way the Goddess would be able to notice that she was being followed, let alone "hunted."

"Mortals, worry, Gods do not, you got that, Boma?" she spoke to herself, her words slow and gravelly as she continued to worry, and continued to sulk along.

In her oblivious state one of her antlers tangled into some of the underbrush and she appeared to be caught. The tangle was enough to tug her back into the here and now and she started to think how she would remove herself from the wildlife.

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

Ecavi

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:55 am
Mleli stalked the goddess from a couple trees away, never getting a good enough look at the strange creature that mumbled to itself. She almost tripped over her own feet when she heard the words 'mortals' and 'gods'. The sudden halt of the foot steps and change in posture of the creature caused Mleli to stop her hunt and just step around. Something happened, and now she would just walk out and see for herself.

"A lion," she told herself when she first stepped out of the trees, but stopped when she realized that this lion had it's.. antlers caught in something, and had great wings attached to it's back. The suspicious leopardess raised an eyebrow, "What are you?"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:00 pm
She stopped her struggle with the bush and glanced at the source the voice came from, "What am I? What are you?" she chuckled looking at the leopardess, "I am The Goddess of the Earth's womb, I am a god..as well as a lioness."

"Little leopard, would you mind helping me out?" her tone showed that it was more of a compand than a request, "I seem to be a bit stuck." That's it, show that mortal its place! her inner voice shouted at her, but there was a new softer voice that had a place for mortals, and it was her heart.

"I ummm...I'm Boma'Burudi, Boma is fine."

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

Ecavi

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:07 pm
Mleli didn't respond to the first question, no matter how offended she might have tried to act in other circumstances. She waited for her answer, which came soon after. The answer seemed likely, but it still didn't sound right to the leopardess. A god and a lioness, of course a god would be a lion.

She kept her comments to herself, and let the goddess request help in a tone that she didn't really care for. The introduction went into a friendlier tone, and she could hear it, but she was caught on the command to help.

"My my, that's no way for anyone, goddess or not, to ask for help," she commented, taking a seat a couple feet away and leaving Boma tangled in the brush, "Boma, you say? My name is Mleli."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:15 pm
"Mortal, I would say that you're in a different predicament than I am, you see I may be stuck but I still have powers," she grunted unhappily, then softened her tone, "now if you would, Mleli, please help."

How dare a mortal try and correct her! after the day she had the cranky goddess was not in the mood to deal with an even bossier mortal than she was.

Boma tugged hard against the underbrush grunting. She could not see how it was stuck or she might have been able to get out herself. But the blind spot seemed to be her weakness, she was unable to budge her antler away from the tangled mess.A bossy mortal..hah!

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

Ecavi

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:23 pm
Mleli watched the goddess inform her of the potential for consequences of not helping her, and weighed her options. She could be a good creature and help out of kindness, but she felt little inclination towards kindness for any lion. She could help because she was a mortal and so instructed by an immortal, but that would mean submitting to a lion and one that had been somewhat rude and threatening.

"Threatening is a step backwards," she informed her in an arrogant tone, "Earth's womb, you said? What kind of powers does that give you?" Something in the nature of Boma's domain seemed, too the arrogant leopard, like there wasn't anything truly bad she could do to her for this.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:27 pm
"I..How...dare.." blind hatred started to pull from deep within her and she could feel the heat behind her cheeks and all along her body she was quite sure she could kill this leopardess, but there was a small part of her that informed her that there was no need, the leopard would do what she said, she was quite sure of it.

"I can do quite a bit," she gritted through her fangs, "Including getting you just as tangled as I am. I can control the earth, and the roots, and things within the earth..would you like to see the core? Magma in the earth's core?"

She grunted and was thinking if it would be possible enough to steady her mind enough to show Mleli a demonstration.

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

Ecavi

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:48 pm
Mleli was enjoying herself as she watched the goddess suddenly get more obviously angry. She'd not had much experience with gods herself, but she had no fear of the unknown at this moment. Her mind was more on how much fun she was having being a situation with a lion where she could help, but chose not to.

"Then why aren't you asking the bush to untangle you? Or is that outside your control?" she sounded almost interested, but mostly defiant. A bush was somewhat in the ground, if worst came to worst couldn't she tell the roots to uproot themselves and then just pull her antlers out that way.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:54 pm
Boma huffed loudly and glared at Mleli, ask the bush to move..? Never! It did nothing wrong! The poor thing was just sitting there and she practically attacked it.

"You..you..will untangle me now, mortal," she said hotheaddedly, she wasn't in the mood to be this leopardesses source of amusement, "Please, I'm just going to get on my way, this place is too crowded."

Mortals there is no need for them! She yanked against the bush trying not to harm it, she didn't mind taring the leaves but harming the roots would make her very sad, the goddess did not want to hear it cry.

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

Ecavi

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:07 pm
Mleli knew nothing of the voices of the earth and it's creatures that the goddess heard, she did not know what kind of thing she was suggesting. It seemed to her if she could ask the earth to inconvenience itself to take revenge on a leopard, she could ask it to incovenience itself to free it's god. Afterall, it's probably take less effort and pain to move just the bush, wouldn't it?

"Hmmm," she hummed, getting to her feet and walking closer to Boma, "You need to work on your manners, if you can't ask nicely-" she did a circle around the goddess and turned to walk off in the direction she'd come from, "I'm not going to help you." She glanced back at the goddess expectantly and took a step to indicate she was prepared to just leave.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:59 pm
How dare this mortal dare to leave! She felt weak and feble at that point, a mortal had outsmarted her, and on top of that she was twisting around the idea that if the she asked the earth to hurt the leopard it would be worse than asking it to move..

"No..no wait!" she pleaded, "I'm, I'm sorry, I'm just tired and I had a bad run in with this terrible male..and.." she sighed, how could she ask nicely? Her heart pounded as she watched Mleli start to walk away, "Miss Mleli..I'm just..a bad..day.. please?" She perked up her two toned eyes seemed to burn holes in the leopardesses back.

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

Ecavi

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:10 pm
Mleli turned back around when she heard the pleading tone in the goddess' voice, it made her feel powerful to be in such a position. She'd brought not only a lion but a god down to begging for help; she felt giddy.

"Oh, I guess that was rather nicely," she sighed dramatically and stepped over to the bush where she took a look at how the branches and vines were tangled in the antlers. Without too much care she pulled at some of the leaves with her teeth to free one of the antlers.

[PUB] The Jungle (Unclaimed)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff