Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [ANIME] - A place exclusively for the DN anime. Post anime-related threads here.
Death Note Liscensed!!! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you be angry if they don't sell a hard copy?
  HECK YES!
  not really
View Results

tini_rini

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:40 pm
Now that Death note has been liscensed by VIZ- direct downloading is a bust!! Not only do the direct downloadings stop but also VIZ has this idea that they're giong to give rights to Download Death note and not actually sell a hard copy of it! Not only that but since the downloads will be made very soon it's very unlikely that they're going to dub it.... am I the only one who thinks this is so LAME!? If you want more info check out: http://www.viz.com/news/newsroom/2007/01_deathnote.php  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:43 pm
Well that's just dumb. I don't really care if they dub it or not but, what's the point in licensing it then? *shakes fist*  

Hiitachin Kaoru

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:13 pm
Some updates regarding the Death Note downloads.

However, even though they're releasing DVDs, how they word it makes me worried that the DVDs will only be dubbed. I usually weouldn't worry about it, but some of they're other licenses have been released as dubbed DVDs only. Then again, they've been releasing Bleach as uncut bilingual DVDs, and they recently started putting out uncut Naruto DVDs, so that could go either way.

I refuse to PAY for a file that won't be as good of quality as the DVDs, however. If the DVDs are only released dubbed, I'll simply stop watching the series and continue buying the mangas.

The only other comment I have regarding the license is that I hope it doesn't get shown on Adult Swim. All of the anime shown on Adult Swim is action anime, and putting Death Note there would be just asking for it to flop; most viewers wouldn't want to watch a battle of wits.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:49 am
Stupid VIZ always ruining our fun! gonk I want direct downloads with nice fansubs!! D'=  

insipid_soup

tini_rini

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:29 pm
zephyrkitty
Some updates regarding the Death Note downloads.

However, even though they're releasing DVDs, how they word it makes me worried that the DVDs will only be dubbed. I usually weouldn't worry about it, but some of they're other licenses have been released as dubbed DVDs only. Then again, they've been releasing Bleach as uncut bilingual DVDs, and they recently started putting out uncut Naruto DVDs, so that could go either way.

I refuse to PAY for a file that won't be as good of quality as the DVDs, however. If the DVDs are only released dubbed, I'll simply stop watching the series and continue buying the mangas.

The only other comment I have regarding the license is that I hope it doesn't get shown on Adult Swim. All of the anime shown on Adult Swim is action anime, and putting Death Note there would be just asking for it to flop; most viewers wouldn't want to watch a battle of wits.

oh gah that just totally confuses me!!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:29 pm
VIZ.....-_________-

I really hope they also release they subbed version on DVD! >___< I hate dubs! >____<  

Azn Fire Girl

tini_rini

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:00 pm
I just really really really want it on dvd!! I don't care what language I just want it on dvd!!!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:50 pm
There's some information on it here, also, incase you care. Maybe a bit more clear? :

]http://www.deathgod.org/main.php?subaction=showcomments&id=1167993971&archive=&start_from=&ucat=3&

duckinahurry1111

tini_rini

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:11 pm
Erein-san
There's some information on it here, also, incase you care. Maybe a bit more clear? :

]http://www.deathgod.org/main.php?subaction=showcomments&id=1167993971&archive=&start_from=&ucat=3&

Gah I can't figure out where to look at this website!!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:20 pm
They better make a subbed DVD. I don't like dubs. I've been waiting for DVDs of Death Note to come out.  

Wooper to Quagsire

Original Strawberry

Groovin Magic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:20 pm
Hey guys I can't wait till 4kids gets to it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtXakpiCx-U  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:33 pm
Groovin Magic
Hey guys I can't wait till 4kids gets to it!

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtXakpiCx-U

OMFG... that was scary!!!!!!!!!!!!  

tini_rini

Crophecy

9,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:16 am
Dang, I dont mind the dubbed version as long as they include a subbed version! I prefer having both, but if its only the dubbed version I wont bother. I'll just buy the DVDs released in Japan.

VIZ... they just wanna mooch us of our monies.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:20 am
Awww, Viz got it? sad *was hoping to drool over yummy ADV voice actors*

I actually didn't know that Viz did dubbing, though... I thought that they were strictly manga.  

RionaDaidouji
Vice Captain

~Teh Surgeon~

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:19 pm
viz cant even get good voices *naruto*  
[ANIME] - A place exclusively for the DN anime. Post anime-related threads here.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games