Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Community Sniper Game: Officially Closed.

Back to Guilds

Reply The GCD Sniper Game
Proposal for New Sniper Game Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Q]

Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:16 pm
Not that my opinion matters, but I think that is an awesome idea Shoy, and you should raise it up anywhere you see fit and go through with it if you want to.

Regardless of what some people will say, if you build it, they will come.

In the end, I do think more people would be interested in your game than the original(whether they admit it or not) and even if it only get "side-game" status, I don't think the sardonics would matter much if your game gets more attention than the original.

So many people say they grow tired of the old game, that it is getting boring. Yet, when anyone changes anything about the game, they whine because it is different. I am not harping on anyone in particular here.

Just go with what your heart tells you to do, and it doesn't matter where you place it in this guild because you have to remember, nobody's here to move it.

So put it in whatever forum you think it belongs in, and do your best. I hope you find a suitable co-GM.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:27 pm
Thank you Q. <3

Mori, Bullet, and I are going to work (along with anyone else who gives any plug in) to get this all worked out by February 1st, to have this run along side the real sniper game during the anniversary event. Here's hoping it all goes well. <3

Signups start February 1st. Giftsnipes might go out if I get bored enough to remind you. ninja

Any and all suggestions at this current moment are helpful! <3

There will be a few samples to go up tommorow, along with a new thread to contain it all. <3

Wish us luck!  

K I N G S H O Y

K I N G S H O Y

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:33 am
D: Please post your opinions.

Check first post.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:24 pm
I kinda like it... it looks like something that'll keep people interested...

That being said... I think not letting teams share "clues" is a bad idea...

1. You're trusting a whole bunch of people... and as bad as it might be, people may go behind your back and trade clues, especially if two close friends are in two separate groups...

2. It actually eliminates a bit of strategy... see, a "team" could work with another team to figure out the killers... but they could also give out false clues intentionally... It adds a "can I trust this person?" aspect to the game...

I do understand that a bit of the game was developed around the restriction of clues, like the clue blocking the killer can do... So, I'm not sure how that would be handled IF you were to take out that provision...

All in all though, I really do think the game looks good, and I'll prolly sign up for it when you get it up and running...

*puts in the obligatory note that this is merely Sib's personal opinion, and prolly should be completely and utterly ignored...  

Sibeiko

Insomnesiac

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:23 pm
What would happen if all the teams decide to help the killers? :/  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:02 pm
Sibeiko
I kinda like it... it looks like something that'll keep people interested...

That being said... I think not letting teams share "clues" is a bad idea...

1. You're trusting a whole bunch of people... and as bad as it might be, people may go behind your back and trade clues, especially if two close friends are in two separate groups...

2. It actually eliminates a bit of strategy... see, a "team" could work with another team to figure out the killers... but they could also give out false clues intentionally... It adds a "can I trust this person?" aspect to the game...

I do understand that a bit of the game was developed around the restriction of clues, like the clue blocking the killer can do... So, I'm not sure how that would be handled IF you were to take out that provision...

All in all though, I really do think the game looks good, and I'll prolly sign up for it when you get it up and running...

*puts in the obligatory note that this is merely Sib's personal opinion, and prolly should be completely and utterly ignored...

Not sharing clues makes it so that way if the teams don't grab the clue that round, they can't get it. x_x Plus, if two teams team up like that, it could end up that one constantly clues, and the other just jails. Meh.

@Insom - D: That's another flaw. Bah. The only problem with being forced to fight the killers is that's not like the real game. In the real game, many people end up trying to help sniper by placing suspicon, or diverting clues. Etc. I doubt people would be happy if the could only fight the sniper.

Gah. Now to find fixes.  

K I N G S H O Y

Sibeiko

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:14 pm
KingShoy

Not sharing clues makes it so that way if the teams don't grab the clue that round, they can't get it. x_x Plus, if two teams team up like that, it could end up that one constantly clues, and the other just jails. Meh.

@Insom - D: That's another flaw. Bah. The only problem with being forced to fight the killers is that's not like the real game. In the real game, many people end up trying to help sniper by placing suspicon, or diverting clues. Etc. I doubt people would be happy if the could only fight the sniper.

Gah. Now to find fixes.

Yesh, I see that...

However, EXPECTING people to NOT share... may not end well... See, if someone somehow "pretends" that they're in another group to gain info... or just spying about even, they can quite possibly get another team's clues... Or corroborates with another group to do so... Or hell, if "good friends" wind up in separate groups, then you can practically be sure that they'll try something... x_x

I guess... what I'm trying to say, is that the rule would make the game better, however, there are likely some of us (not myself) that would try to get around it and not follow the rules...

I guess I'm not trusting enough? o_o

*adds disclaimer as before, that this is merely Sib's opinion, and prolly should just be ignored... >_>( )  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:01 pm
I wrote all of the below half an hour ago.

Then I realize all I did was neuter it into the SG with Teams to fix problems. I need help. >:

Quote:
Point system scrapped.
Teams now choose one option per round.

Dark Resistance scrapped.
Flaw of all teams becoming dark, no good side.

Killler option Inflitration scrapped.
No real reason for it to be there. What good will knowing about group leaders do you?
-Option to be voted on: If leader is killed, team is sitting ducks. Leader is the only one that
reports to Shoy.

Drama causes team to lose turn instead.

You go inactive, as in quit helping, your team has the right to drop you, let you be killed, etc.
Only after 3 Rounds of Inactivity. Teams are responsible for reminding inactive player. If not,
the team will be dropped.

Teams still cannot share clues.

Jailing is set up by votes. All teams that use Jail, pick who to jail. Person with most votes
heads to jail. If there is nobody with 2 votes, RNG decides the fate.

---------------------------------------

Test Day:

Sniper PMs to use Kill on 43. Teddie Behr.

Teams Jailing
1 votes 33, 3 votes 21, 4 votes 12, 6 votes 21, and 9 votes 21.

21. Insomnesiac is Jailed.

Team 2 5 7 and 8 all request clues. They will recieve a personalized PM as such:
Example (small) Team 2:
Vlad D. Tepes
Pele's Tears
Inasanemonkey
Lady Rai
Heart Shaped Toastie

Test Sniper: [N]ymphie

Team 2 headed off to the Durem Church, hoping to find clues. "I'm finding nothing over here sadly," stated Lady Rai, a glum look on her face.

Lady Rai proceeded to stand up and walk over to Vlad D. Tepes, who seemed to be intently staring at something. It was the armrest of the pew. It's intricate design carved in wood, the curly ends rolling inward and spiraling out. Inasanemonkey walked over to the two. "What are you staring at? You guys are starting to scare me."

"I have no idea. Vlad seems to be rather intent at looking at this," Rai replied.

Vlad lifted his arm to point at something. As it turned out, he wasn't staring at the armrest, but at the object in the distance behind it. "There," he spoke.

"Pele, go get that... whatever it is," Ina shouted.

Pele walked across the tile floor, lifted the object. It was a white piece of paper. It had some strange numbers recorded on it, with text beside them. "What's it say?" Rai asked, intently.

"Hamburger. 4 Points.
Fries. 7 Points..." Pele read.

"Eh? What does this mean?" Toastie asked.

"I don't know, but it sounds like our Sniper's on a diet," Pele replied.

Sniper Update:

Walking around at night is never the brightest idea, especially while wearing a black cloak and holding a sniper rifle. Even if it is just cosplay. Treading silently across the brick roads of the Durem streets, past the corner of the tall built walls from ages ago, past the tiny quaint house on her right. She headed to the mansion, but was obviously lost. Giving up on being silent, she ran, huffing and puffing towards the mansion, where she was due, having finally realized where she was. As she ran, her hood fell backwards off her head, slumping on to her back... A perfect target.

A shot rang out, adding sound to the silent night. Her body fell over, crippled in a lovely crimson and black mass. She was found next morning. A shot right through the paper mache rifle, and into her head. She had apparently tried to defend herself with the rifle after she heard the noise, but alas, it's only newspaper.

Jailing:
"What's this? You're jailing me? You've got it all wrong! I'm on your side!" Insomnesiac shouted, her hands grasped onto the metal bars that now lie infront of her.

"Pfft. You expect us to believe that?"

"Yes? Because I know you're all good people at heart?" Insomnesiac replied.

"We may be good, but we're not likely to release a repeat offender of the rules of the Durem Law. The law clearly prohibits killing, of any type. You heard Miss Zaeyde. You heard her yourself, right before you shot her... and Teddie."

"That wasn't me!"

"Shut up."

K I N G S H O Y

The GCD Sniper Game

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out