This is your Cap'n Speaking: All Must Read: Rules & FAQ

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vague
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:14 pm
Please do not reply in this thread. Crew may punch this up graphically.
Rules of The Gay Guild:

-All guild members must read the Gaia Guild Network( GGN) FAQ and abide by the rules therein: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3136029

-All guild members must read and abide by the the Gaia Online Rules: http://www.gaiaonline.com/tos.php?info=rules

-All guild members must have read and abide by the Gaia Online TOS: http://www.gaiaonline.com/tos.php

-Guild members( once accepted) are required to add the guild account, TheGayGuild, to their friendslist so that the Captain and Crew can easily PM the entire member base with important information. This will not be used frivolously, so you needn't worry about your inbox filling up with junk PMs.

-No Soliciting Sex of any kind, WHATSOEVER

-No Cybering

-No Spamming for Gold

-No Bumping Topics

-No Flaming( except the gay kind xp )

-No slanderous/libelous comments about others

-Members are encouraged, though not required, to visit this thread: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=1946 and PM Astri their gender, at least. It helps to avoid confusion.

-Respect others' boundaries. No touching of users who ask/tell you not to do so.

-Do your best with proper English spelling and grammar, and accept corrections graciously.( And note that enclosing a space within parentheses is nonstandard. It's OK to have quirks, but you should know the rules before you break them, and always try to be intelligible.)

-Excessive quoting( posts within posts within posts within posts etc.) will not be tolerated. It stretches pages needlessly and is an annoyance to everyone. You should only quote as far back as is necessary to establish what you're talking about/responding to. Examples of good and bad quoting in the F.A.Q. when I can.

-For the time being, no personal ads. The issue is being considered.

-All major RPs must have the approval of at least 2 crew, including the acting Captain, before commencing. This does not just mean adventure RPs, it also includes shops, restaurants, etc.

-Though not( yet) required, it is very much preferred that you discuss major projects in the Suggestion/Project Thread first, especially if you want your thread to be the official central thread of its nature.

-NO PMing me( Cap'n Vague). Not that you can if you aren't in my Friendslist. If you need to reach me, use AIM or e-mail.

-When addressing Crew with regards to formal duties, proper honorifics are expected, e.g., Captain(/Cap'n) Vague; Miss Kokoryta; Mr. JoVo. This is not necessary in casual conversation.

-Posts marked "This is Your Cap'n Speaking" are mandatory reading for all guild members. It's also recommended to read other Announcements.

-Generally, try to get along, at least in the Guild.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:32 pm
Crew Rules and Guidelines:

-Keep an eye on the Guild Home page. All applicants must meet the requirements stated there to be accepted.

-All Crew are expected to read, understand, and abide by the member Rules

-Crew are to document use of mod-powers in the Ship's Log thread. This is especially important when accepting new members, so that I will know to add them to TheGayGuild's friendslist.

-Responses to items in the log should be put in the lounge, if quoting is appropriate, the format
In the Ship's Log, Crew member
Item
is preferred.

-If we do not fix TOS violations, we are subject to deletion of the guild without warning and loss of all funds!
When you see a post which violates the TOS, or Guild Rules, make a copy of the offending post( date, time, user and message) and any replies for my records, then edit or delete the offending posts. If it's a whole topic, you may delete it or lock it and edit all offending posts.
If you're not sure, ask me on AIM, or if I'm not on, make a copy and then act on your gut feeling.

-By accepting the Crew position, you agree not to abuse the moddish powers in personal grudges.

-By accepting the Crew position, you agree to keep and occasionally submit to me an archive of accepted and declined applicants, as described below:
When you review an applicant, archive their name and reason( a simple copy/paste will do. Example:
"Join Request From: Keithing
Joining Reason: I am currently an active member of the Gay Guild thread."
), and whether you accepted or declined. Also, if you declined, write why, and, if possible, please PM declined applicants with an explanation.( If they're not accepting PMs, don't worry about it.)

-By accepting the Crew position, you agree to be patient with me and your fellow Crew members, and if you have dispute with our actions, to RESPECTFULLY explain your problem.

-In an emergency where I am not available, you may ban, but keep documentation to explain why. Also consult Keithing first if possible.

-Do your best with proper English spelling and grammar, and accept corrections graciously. If you are corrected, try to remember next time.

-If you approve an RP, you agree to be partially responsible for that RP. You must help the GM, and make sure there are no TOS violations.

-Crew are held to Higher Standards(TM). You must make a conscious effort to set a good example, or at least not set a bad one. Do not directly encourage irresponsible behaviour, open important choices in a members life for discussion if you must comment.

-NO PMing me under any circumstance unless I say it's OK. Not that you can if you aren't in my Friendslist. If you need to reach me, use AIM or e-mail.

-Posts marked "This is Your Cap'n Speaking" and other Announcements are mandatory reading for all Crew.

-There is now an account for joint Crew use: TheGayGuild. If you need the password, ask me on AIM or ask someone else who already knows( e.g., Keithing). This is not for personal or frivolous use, but for important announcements.

Crew Roster:
Captain: Vague
First Mate: Mr. Keithing
Navigator: Ms. JoVo( & Morris the Parrot)
Lookout: [the crow's nest is empty]
Ship's Cook: Ms. Astri
Deck Hand: tahariel
Cabin Boy: [...]  

Vague
Captain

Vague
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:55 pm
F.A.Q.

So far, there are no frequently asked questions.  
The[ Original] Gay Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games