Welcome to Gaia! ::

:: Solace Scents :: Happiness is just a sniff away....

Back to Guilds

Tags: incense, candle, children, hibi-tea, roleplay 

Reply :: Forgotten Documents :: Thread death pit...
[Q] Wood made from Sandals?! (New Poll!) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:57 pm
-[ Nifty Banner Coming Soon ]-

Okay....I have a problem. There are now three Scents I might quest for.
1) Sandlewood
2) Merlot
3) White Shoulders

So...help? I want your opinion on what I should quest for!

You already know what Sandlewood is like...
Merlot would be high-class, but charming (when she wants to be) and adores good food.
White Shoulders, based off a perfume I adore combining the scents of gardenia, lilac, amber, oakmoss, and jasmine, would be delicate-seeming and into the party scene when she gets older.

I'm officially nutters. I like trying for the 'unique' B&Cs...I'm going after twins in one shop...And here I'm going after a Scent-Maker path.
My poor 'bank account'...
And what Scent am I going for?
Why, Sandlewood, of course!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:08 pm
-[ Nifty Banner Coming Soon ]-

ABOUT SANDALWOOD

Sandalwood (Chandanam) is a fragrant wood, and the name may be applied to any of a number of woods. The 'true' sandalwood is the wood of trees in the genus Santalum; found in southern India and Sri Lanka, Hawaii, and many south Pacific islands. It is most commonly used for incense, aromatherapy, perfume, and fine woodworking. Although not commonly used as a construction material, temples have been built with sandalwood in India and retain the aroma after centuries. It is said to have been used for embalming the corpses of princes in Ceylon since the 9th century. Jewelry boxes, fans, and ornate carvings continue to be made in many parts of Asia using sandalwood.
Sandalwood essential oil provides perfumes with a striking wood base note. Sandalwood smells are not unlike other wood scents with the exception that it has a bright and fresh edge with few natural analogues. When used smaller proportions in a perfume, it is an excellent fixative to enhance the head space of other fragrances.
To me, sandalwood has always been an all-purpose incense. It's scent is warm and comforting, and is very versatile magick-wise. It can be used as a pick-me-up, or a calm-me-down. Never underestimate the power of simplicity.

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:26 pm
Name of Scent: Ruana [ Persian name meaning 'soul' ]
Scent: Sandalwood
Physical description for each stage: -[ In Progress ]-
Unlit & Lit Scent | A simple, light brown liquid with a translucent quality is Ruana's start...
Child | Ruana looks like an Arabian child. Her skin is a dusky tan, with no scars and the occasional scrap or cut from outdoor activities. Her eyes are a deep, woody brown filled with compassion and a love of life seen in very few people, shadowed slightly by her bangs. Her hair is a light, woody brown that falls to the bottom of her neck, fluffily framing her somewhat round face. Her clothing is brightly colored, in springtime colors that reflect her youth.
-[ Clothing References ]-
-[ All references are the girl in the picture ]-

-[ 1 ]- -[ 2 ]- -[ 3 ]-
Adolescent | Ruana has grown up a bit, but still looks Arabian. Her skin is a bit darker than before, and her hair has darkened slightly. It's still fluffy, but now reaches her shoulder-blades and is normally done in two small ponytails. Her bangs now frame her face, instead of hanging in her eyes, and her eyes are still a dark, woody brown that seem to be far wiser and kinder than one of her apparent years should be. Her clothing has darkened slightly in color, but is still fairly bright and...springtime-ish.
-[ All references are the girl in the picture ]-

-[ 1 ]- -[ 2 ]- -[ 3 ]-
Adult | Ruana has obviously matured, though in a way most would not really understand. Her dark woody eyes are still full of wisdom and compassion, and her skin has darkened further, but she no longer dresses quite so modestly...She's at her peak, and has become comfortable in her own skin. Her now dark brown hair has lost a bit of its fluff, and now reaches the small of her back, with a slightly wave to it. Her style of dress could be likened to a belly dancer or harem girl, and is full of deep, somber colors.

-[ 1 ]-
Elder | Ruana has, seemingly, reached the last stage of her life. Her once dark hair is now a soft white, with dark brown streaks that hint at the hair color of her youth, the tresses tumbling down to her knees, and her dark, woody eyes are now filled with knowledge and wisdom that can only come from age on top of what she already possessed before. Her skin is a dark, woody color only slightly lighter than her eyes, and the corner of her eyes are lined with 'crow's feet'. Her mouth is one obviously used to smiling and laughing, and her body is obviously strong, despite her apparant age. Her clothing has become simpler, consisting of a loose, knee-length tunic belted at the waist with a sash, loose, flowing pants, slip-on shoes, and some sort of elaborately decorated shawl about her head and shoulders. All in dark, somber colors, with a splash of brighter springtime colors thrown in sometimes.
Personality: In the beginning, Ruana is a peaceful, very spiritual girl. She's somewhere between pagan and agnostic in beliefs, and has a strange sort of wisdom that can apply to anyone, in any aspect of life. She looks at the world with the wonder of a child, no matter what, and has a kindness not often found in others. Ruana loves the outdoors, and will spend hours just watching the clouds or playing tag with the other kids outside. When she's being taught something, or when she's supposed to do some sort of reading or such, she's easily found outside, sprawled under the tree in the Akarui family's backyard or on the porch, under the roof if it's raining. Despite her age, Ruana is the one people go to when something happens, and she's always got a shoulder to cry on or and ear to listen.
Wings: Feathered wings that are a deep, dark brown with lighter brown bars, a bit like a a peregrine falcons.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:02 pm
-[ Nifty Banner Soon to Come! ]-

FUNDS!

I HAVE OVER 100K!

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:13 pm
-[ Nifty Banner Soon to Come ]-

User ImageDragon Crossing

|Name| Kaida Abson
|Aliases| Poi (preferred name), Hey You!, the Crazy Dragon Lady, the Nutty Priestess
|Age| 19
|Gender| Female
|Hair| Dark dirty-blond-brown-ish....
|Eyes| Blue-grey
|Race| Half Eastern Dragon, half human (Was full human at one point...but thanks to her habit of making things explode that aren’t supposed to…well…Let’s just say, she picked up the wrong magic item.)
|Powers| It's known that she can cleanse evil spirits, heal minor wounds, and seems really good at taking apart someone's psyche so she can put them back together again. Other than that...she has no idea, as she's still getting used to being a miko.
|Marital Status| Single? She's not really sure if she's looking, or what. To say she's a little confused is an understatement.
|Personality| Poi is...uh...random, seemingly a bit crazy, and scatter-brained. But she means well. She’s never been very good with matching names to faces, and is horrible at keeping track of dates and times. When she’s drawing or writing or reading a good book, it’s often hard to pull her from it. She's the kind of girl who's willing to lend an ear to people, even if she seems like one of the most apathetic people you will ever meet. Yes, normally she has this air of 'I don't give a damn' (even though she seems to end up with the people who need help flocking to her...drives her nuts at times) and is quite lazy. She'd rather lay in bed, play video games, sleep, or just swim around in circles than attend the family shrine. But she has a sense of 'duty', you could say, and tends the shrine nonetheless. And her little sister, Lacey...Yeah. Don't mess with her. Poi will find some way to kick your a** and then-some. It’s also a good idea to stay FAR away from her when she’s messing with cars, magical items, or chemicals other than bleach or Simple Green-type stuff….She makes things explode that aren’t supposed to.
|Biography| [Under Construction]
|Appearance|
Height: 5’6”
Weight: 127lb
Skin and Body Type: Poi is the kind of girl who tans easily and quickly, and as a result is almost always slightly tanned. She's also slim with enough curves to be noticed, but not more than a small C...
Clothing: Varied, extremely so. She most often wears baggy clothes in medium-to-dark colors, camo, or gothic/punkish clothes in dark, deep colors, mixed with white, bright pink, and bright green.
Distinguishing Marks: Poi has canine teeth that are obviously sharper than the rest of her teeth, clawed fingers and toes (rather than nails), a pair of spiral dark brown horns that sweep back slightly from the crown of her head, and a long, powerful dark brown dragon’s tail that extends from the base of her spine, a lighter brown ‘frill’ going from 1/8 of the way down the tail to the tip of the tail. Gracing her cheeks are dark brown ‘whiskers’, numbering three on each side.
Jewelry: Anything not extremely gaudy that involves pretty designs, ankhs, pentacles, or hearts. Her right ear is pierced twice, both near each other on the bottom part of the lobe.
|Hobbies| u/c
|Dislikes| u/c

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:14 pm
Art

None at the moment.

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:33 pm
Links

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:55 am
Credits

Solace Scents (c) _Shouko_
Ruana (c) me, [ Teenage Pagan ]
Kyoko Akarui (c) me, [ Teenage Pagan ]
Reference pics (c) their respective owners

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:57 am
Contest Entries and the Like

Shouko's 18th Birfday Bash
Stage: Adult

It's christmas morning, and throughout your home there is silence. Everyone slowly rises from their beds and makes their excited way down to the tree in the middle of your living room to open gifts and eat breakfast! The last to enter is your Scent. The adult Scent's face is full of sorrow, and mourning. What caused this unpleasant spirit, and how do you try to make things better?

"Come on, Kyoko-ane!" Kyoko chuckled, her once bright green hair now its natural dark blonde. She had learned so much about herself since Ruana had come into her life. And she had a little brother now, thanks to the wiser female. Said little brother, Tsubasa, tugged on her wrist, leading her down the stairs to the living room. They passed the kitchen, where their father was cooking, saying chipper good mornings and exchanging grins. A small family they may have been...but Kyoko didn't feel any less cozy or loved because of it. This was the first Christmas that she could remember where they didn't have to worry about money or her father having to work. The two siblings blinked once they reached the living room.

No Ruana.

Ruana was ALWAYS the first one up. It was kind of strange, not catching a whiff of the warm, woody scent that always accompanied the Arabic Scent. The two siblings exchanged a look of confusion.
"Maybe she stayed outside doing her prayers later than normal?" Kyoko sincerely hoped Tsubasa was right...But there was something that made the dancer uneasy about this.
"We'll find out, little bird...Come on. Let's go sit and wait for her by the couch."

Several minutes later, Tsubasa and Kyoko were engaged in a fast-paced word game; more like a fast-paced pun game. Kyoko wasn't really the most book-wise cookie on the block, but she was quite clever, as was Tsubasa. The two stopped as they heard the rustling of silks and the clink of metal jewelry. Ruana was finally inside.

Kyoko ruffled her little brother's hair and stood up, taking a few steps before glomping the Scent.
"Ohayo, Ru-chan!" She felt Ruana's dark hand ruffle her hair.
"Good morning, Kyoko-haha." Kyoko blinked, draconic eyes perplexed. She'd never heard Ruana's voice so sad...truly sad. She let go of the Arab-looking woman and blinked at her. Though Ruana was smiling, as per the norm, there was unease and sorrow in her eyes and smile. Kyoko's motherly instincts kicked in as she placed a pale tan hand on the dark cheek of the sandalwood-smelling Scent.
"Sweetheart...what's wrong?" Ruana blushed, surprised she was 'caught'.
"Nothing, Kyoko-haha...just a simple..." Kyoko knew that look now. She'd seen her friends with it so many times, and she'd had it herself a few times.
"Oh....You had fallen for a new friend...only to find out they had a partner already, didn't you?" Ruana bit her bottom lip lightly and nodded. "Dearheart, I believe it's time for me to give you some advice, instead of the other way around. Come on, sit down. Your grandfather will be out here with food soon." A deeper voice piped up from the kitchen.
"I'M NOT THAT OLD YET!" The three on the couch chuckled. Kyoko's father could be touchy about his age sometimes...

"Alrighty. How much do you love this person?" Ruana smiled and hugged herself.
"With all my heart. He's been such a wonderful friend, and...he can make you feel like you're the most important person in the world without even trying..." Kyoko nodded.
"You've got it bad, alright...Okay, is he happy with his partner?" Ruana nodded.
"Yes. Very happy...and normally, I think I would be just happy with it, and I am...but I've also started to fall for his boyfriend. It's...It's just very confusing." Kyoko mouthed a silent 'oh'.
"Well then...Hmmm..." It was silent for a few minutes as Kyoko thought. She nodded to herself, locking her dark amber eyes with her daughter's dark woody eyes. "Just continue being friends with them for now. It may hurt a little bit, but not near as much as if you were to break ties with them. And when you feel the time is right...reveal you feelings. Even if they just want to stay friends, you'll feel better, and you'll be able to move on." She eeped as the Scent hugged her.

"Thank you so much, Kyoko-haha! I shall do that, but for now, it shall be our little secret." Dark blond hair waved as Kyoko nodded.
"I'll keep it secret too, Ru-chan!" Ruana chuckled at Tsubasa, who quickly has his black hair ruffled for the second time within twenty minutes.
"Thank you, little bird."
"BREAKFAST IS SERVED!" The three cheered; Gekkou Akarui always made delicious food!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:58 am
-[ Nifty Banner Soon to Come ]-

Past and Future Family

Little Sister - Lacey Abson

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:32 am
Open now!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:54 am
>:[ You are abit nutters <3. X3 I absolutely love the outfit 8D. Yay Tsubasa!!! *hucks her 11 volumes at you* I especially love The adult clothing reference for her :3.  

Olivia Solace
Captain

Beloved Capitalist

7,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:38 am
-dodges-
Thankies! Wait...11...THERE'S ELEVEN VOLUMES OUT NOW?!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:49 pm
Wow. You've obviously put some serious, hardcore thought into this concept. heart  

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:39 am
-blink-
Thanks. I try to put a good deal of thought into any character I make!

:: Forgotten Documents :: Thread death pit...

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games