Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply .:. Shadows of Africa Guild .:.
(PRP) What waits on the Borders? (Amaterasu/Kaede)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DragonsRage24

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:03 pm
The golden jackal paced back and forth, back and forth on the outskirts of the Pridelands, but still staying within the edge of the border. Fluffy tail swishing behind her, green hues looking out towards the rogue lands, hope within their depths. Yet still, no silhouette resembling her best friend was on the horizon. None to be seen. What would be taking him this long? Her ears fell back, a low whimper from her throat, she missed him dearly.

Kaede sighed and flopped onto the ground, the grass was a bit tall here, but soft and cool to lay on with it still being hot though the sun was slowly heading towards the horizon line. She wondered how much longer she should wait here, wondering if today would be any different from the next day. She just wanted him back here, wanted her friend to be with her to play since most of the other lions here didn't bother with her.

Kaede sighed, what would this day bring?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:14 pm
Amaterasu slowly made her way closer. Everyone she had talked to about these lands she was nearing had said such wonderful things... It was her only driving force. She hadn't stopped since she had talked to Aka, and she had made good time because of it. The sight of the rocks in the distance made her heart race a bit. So much so, that she almost missed the nearby Jackal. Soon enough however, she heard a blade of grass snap. "Who's there," Ammy demanded, swivelling towards the noise. She couldn't see the jackal due to the tall grass, but she still remained attentive. She remembered Kia's words about hyenas, and began to prepare herself to run if need be.  

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

DragonsRage24

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:20 pm
Kaede heard someone coming adn crouched down low, trying to peere through the tall strands of grass, a white figure, rather large, not too large. No, it couldn't be Ger, or Ororo for that matter. She sighed in her mind and crept closer, perhaps it was an intruder? She crept closer.

She jumped out of the tall grass, realizing in mid air that it was a maned wolf. Bigger then she was, but hse was not afraid, Kaede was a lion after all (in her mind). She skid to a stop and tilted her head, tail wagging slowly, "Hi, who're you?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:24 pm
The small jackal launching itself at her startled Amaterasu at first, but then she realized that it was just a jackal. She hadn't ever talked to a jackal, though she had seen them from a distance as a pup. "You gave me quite a scare," Ammy admitted to the little jackal, laughing a little to herself, at herself. How silly of her to mistake a hyena for a jackal? "I'm Amaterasu, you can call me Ammy for short, if you wish. Who are you?" Ammy smiled sweetly.  

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

DragonsRage24

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:27 pm
Kaede tilted her head to the other side. Such a strange name, but, she had heard stranger ones before, so she smiled warmly and continued to wag her tail. "Then its nice to meet you Ammy, sorry if Is cared you, I've been waiting for a friend. My name's Kaede, I'ma lion," she said seriously with wide eyes wagging her tail. "I'm not as big as I should be, but my friend Ger said it just takes time! What brings you this way Ammy?"  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:38 pm
Ammy decided not to cross the jackal's identity crisis, judging by the serious look on her face. "Pleased to meet you Kaede," Ammy said with a slight dip of her head. "I'm looking to live around here," She confided to the little lion, "It looks beautiful," she said, her eyes scanning the vast plains. The grass swayed and acted like a body of water, ripples moving with the wind. She changed the subject, "What's your friend like?" Ammy asked. She couldn't help herself.  

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

DragonsRage24

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:45 pm
Kaede listened to Ammy and nodded ehr head, "Yes, its very nice around here, veyr warm. Everyone seems so nice here," she said with another nod, wagging her tail. "My friend? Oh he's real nice, he's a lion, much bigger then me, but I will catch up one day. He came to visit, but had to leave real quick...I have other friends too, I met a rogue lion passing by. He was nice too, I tackled and pinned him, he says I'm a strong lioness," she said with pride straightening out her pose.

"My family lives here, you'd like it here too."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:05 pm
"I'm sure I'd love it here," Ammy said. That had been her entire purpose for quite a while. She laughed quietly to herself as the jackal continued to pretend to be a lionness. Amaterasu rather liked the little jackal, she was cute. Ammy layed down on her back to take a break, and gave a tired sigh. She looked at the upside-down jackal, and made conversation, "Have you lived here all of your life? Is it always this hot?" She couldn't help but complain about the heat. She was used to slightly cooler weather, and in the slightly hotter region, she noticed it.  

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

DragonsRage24

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:09 pm
Kaede flopped on her belly and looked as Ammy turned upside down, she tilted her head again. Such strange behavior for one so big! Ah well, she would be the same way once she got big enough. "Yes," Kaede said with a nod, "I live here with my parents and siblings, its nice, lots of water and food," she said with another nod. Yes, the Pridelands were great. Now only if Ger would come back, then everything would be perfect.

"Its usually hot, cools a bit during the night, but the watering hole has nice cool water, nice to drink on hot days, so...are you going to stay Ammy? I'd like it if you did, we could be friends and see eachother a lot and play together," she said excitedly, wagging her tail all the while.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:17 pm
"We could play a lot together..." Ammy said, thinking to herself out-loud. But she still hadn't even really seen the place. "I'd like to check it out for myself before I decide though, but I'm almost 100% positve I'll stay," Ammy said with a wink.  

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

DragonsRage24

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:20 pm
Kaede sprung up from where she was laying and wagged her tail. Ran in a circle and pounced forward and crouched down to nuzzle Ammy's cheek, "Yay! I'd like that, you'd like it here I swear!," Kaede took a few steps back and tried to think. If Ammy wanted to see the lands for herself, maybe she could point her in the right direction?

"If you want to see what its like, I suggest going that way," she said pointing with a paw, "That was you can go to a top of a hill and see everything, its really nice. Then you can pick out where you'd want to go, but be careful, others might think your trespassing but it should be fine," Kaede said with a nod.

"I would go with you, but my parents will be wondering where I am, promise that you'll come see me again if you decide to leave? And if you stay, come and find me so we can play okay?" she asked with hope in her voice. She wanted Ammy to stay, she was nice.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:27 pm
Ammy sprung up almost instantaneously, eager to see the land from the hilltop. She turned to the jackal-lionness and nodded happily, "I'd love to come find you again once I settle in. I promise I'll come find you, we can hang out all the time!" Ammy said happily, adding on to it, "I hope your parents aren't too upset for me having kept you. If they are, blame it on me." Ammy smiled. "Thank you Kaede, for your kindness." Amaterasu said with a nod. "It's a pleasure to have you as a friend."  

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

DragonsRage24

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:32 pm
Kaede wagged her tail adn smiled, padded up to Ammy and snuggled against her leg (it was as far as she could reach upwards) "I would like that. Now I must head back, and you should go look soon before ht sun sets. When teh sun sets, the sky looks painted from up there, see you soon Ammy!" she nuzzled against her new friend once more before dashing off towards her family's den.

Kaede was happy she had made a new friend.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:38 pm
Amaterasu smiled as she watched the golden jackal make her way back into the lands. The lands that Amaterasu would soon call home. She turned her attention to the hilltop that Kaede had told her about, and began to walk there, feeling about as tired as she had at the beginning of the meeting.  

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

.:. Shadows of Africa Guild .:.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces