Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:41 pm
Welcome!

User Image

This is the thread you can come to when your soquili has maxed out all of his or her stats and would like Shaman Foalen to preforme the Elder ceremony

Please do not chat in this thread. It is for the posting of ceremonial responses only. Thank you for your courtesy. If you have questions or comments feel free to PM Foalen.

The responses don't have to be long, but please do try to write more than one or two sentences. If you want to write a long response your are more than welcome to do so. In fact we would love you for it.

Note to all: Just incase you don't understand what Foalen is asking you to do, you are to write a response where your character comes forward, states his or her name, and then has a chance to talk about some of the things they have done in their journey through life that may have had an effect on the tribe. Also they can say a little bit about what they would like to in the future. Think of it as kind of like a valivictorian speach at a graduation ceremony. Congratulaions you were the top of your class. XD  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:12 pm
Prompt 1: For good or nutral allinged soquili:

User Image

A cool wind whistled softly in the darkness of the night, but the fire was bright as was the warmth of the tribe gathered around the great confligration to witness this awsome event. The dummers beat a steady rhythm as the Shaman waved the petitioners forward to present themselves to the tribe.

"Welcome to all you who have come here today to observe the blessings the spirits will work in these here who have blessed this tribe and all those within it with their very presence." As Foalen turned the elabrate braid his hair had been plaited up into slid back over the finely beeded and fringed leather ceremonial clothing he wore as he raised open hands towards the soquili standing before him. "Come forward and declare your name and your intention if you chose to continue upon the path you have chosen before all the tribe and your fellow soquili. So that your deeds may recognized by the spirits and all those who dwell in this place."

Prompt 2: For evil allinged soquili:

User Image

The taste of stale blood lingered heavily in air dispite the clensing breeze that wafted over the old battle ground. Glancing over the bare earth that had seen such death that it couldn't seem to bear life any longer Shaman Foalen could see the normally restless spirits gathering at the place where the death stain was strongest.

When he reached the place where the spirits had gathered he turned to face the direction where the darkness was strongest. He had been called here for a purpous, the spirits intended for him to see what was to take place this night. He didn't orndinarily deal with the darker breeds of the soquili, but he was well aware that life was a ballance. Without the dark you couldn't have light. It was nessisary for evil to exist if good was also to florish. Besides by acting as witness to this dark ceremony he would gain valuable insight into the enemies that might one day come to threaten those he was sworn to serve. It was his sacred duity to stand between the dwellers of the village and the spirit realm to help maintain balance in both places after all.

Lifting his head the shaman stared straight into the void as those who wished to proclaim their deeds before all that was vile and unclean came before him. A deep voice hard and cold as ice spoke out of the darkness. It took all of his training for the Shaman to keep from shivering at the sound.

"Come forth to delare yourself and your actions if you wish to gain the strength and power of those who have gone before you." The deep disembodied voice called clearly so that the words rang through the desolated battleground.  

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:17 pm
Response example:

User Image

Prompt: 1
Name: Ayita

The painted mare shivered a little as she approched the fire but not from the coldness of the air. The power of the spirits lay over everything like a blanket covering all in it's reach with an eldrich glow. It raised the hair on the back of Ayita's neck but she stepped forward resolute in her purpous. Had she not faced the spirits of the old deserted burial ground? Lifting her head high she boldly called out her name watching all the eyes that had turned to her.

"I was given as a foal into the care of Foalen the shaman. As he has guarded and nurtured me so I have attempted to do for him. As I grew I widened my circle of protection to include my mate, children and our herd. Together with the shaman I have continued to try to protect and watch over this tribe againt all that might disturb it's peace. I do not seak power for its own sake. Rather I would like to become wiser and stronger for the sake of those I wish to protect.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:49 am
::Extra post just in case::  

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100

Shariea

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:27 pm
The chocolate stallion with long tresses of ebony watched the fire in the heart of the village. His heart seemed to beat in tune with those thruming drums and he knew that this night was indeed a special one. It wasnt often when he would venture to the village, but this night as if by some divine hand was guiding him here, he had come.

The tall stallion watched the two leggers as he walked into the village, his tail flicking softly behind him every now and then. He felt at peace, as if his body was not his own. He was walking towards the fire and the man whom sat near by. He felt compelled to speak, though the two leggers never seemed to understand them. "My Name is Sheridan." he heard himself say, his voice clear dispite the strange feeling that ran through his veins. A power, and engery perhaps? It seemed like his heart to be connected to the drums. "I am the father of three beautiful children whom have grown wise to the land and run free. I am the life mate of Ardia, a gentle soul who resides in this village and has come to love the people here." He said simply, for he didnt know of any heroic actions or wise deeds that where worthy of telling.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:39 pm

Name: King

The wind whistled past the small but broad red coated brown stallion. His hair delicately was tussled in the wind. He stood proud and as tall as he could before the tribesmen. Isi had brought him to the tribe and though this was the first time king had been here he knew what he was meant to do. He listened to Foalens words closely and carefully. He whinnied his name as proudly as his stance.

He thought for a bit with much concentration, what had he done for the tribes. He stood there for a bit in silence, but not without the look of concentration upon his brow. Finally he opened his mouth and the words slipped right out.

" I am not sure what i have done for this village. I Helped when they where in need of help, when the pale ones on two legs drove themselves into these lands. Though some of them remain they are at peace with The Soquili people now.

I'm proud to be life mated with a mare named Tetyawna and together we have had one handsome son and a beautiful daughter. I am a grandparent with two mischievous granddaughters and i hope to have more like them. I was found bound in ropes by the one called Isi and since that day of her rescue, i have owed my life to the Soquili people. Because without her I would not know where i would be today.

"I wish to Help the Soquili lands and its creatures. Not only for my family, but for allfamilies as well. I would like to become wiser, stronger, more respectable, and jsut better all around."

Librra

High-functioning Spook

Harperking

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:20 am
The dark colored mare stepped into the circle of firelight. The black feathers on her wings caught the light and reflected it, making her golden highlights glow with an almost ethereal quality.

"I am Wambli Zikala," she said softly into the silence. "Since I was given into the care of my Talker," and she snorted a little in laughter "Wi Ile Anpo, the human who cared for me, I have seen many things. I have helped fight off evil spirits. When the pale ones first came here I was part of the group who greeted them and I have made friends among the soquili they brought with them."

Her dark wise eyes looked out across the gathered tribe. Each face reminded her of a story. There was the wilds spotted stallion she had led back to the Kawani lands. She saw the blue wings of her friend Rikka, who had first showed her the joy of flight. There was the young stallion Briar and his human - the foal she had comforted now grown and the young woman she had helped rescue now at ease in th village.

"And I have my own family now," Wambli looked at her mate Jewel who was standing with their grown children. "My daughter has just brought another generation to us as well. I have lived much in my seasons and I look forward to seeing what new adventures the Spirits have for me."

With a nod of respect to the shaman, the wind mare stepped back over to her family to watch the rest of the ceremony.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:10 pm
.. Prompt 1

The fire flickered and danced as it crackled, the flames burning fiercely yet without menace. A pair of ears flicked forward as dark eyes studied the ceremony. After the retreat of the previous soquili - a stunning winged mare - a buckskin stallion stepped forward into the firelight.

"I am Grand Dynasty," he said clearly and calmly. "I live as a free spirit beyond the lake."

"I am a father now, of two proud and healthy stallions. I am also the lifemate of Yue'er, a lovely mare who hailed from a foreign land, and has grown fond of the beauty of this land," Dynasty smiled, stealing a glance at the white and gold mare who was standing among those present.

"I wish to grow stronger and wiser, so I may better protect my family and friends I have come to know."

Silencer Wolf

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:45 pm
The shaman waited silently while the soquili spoke taking in all that was said greatful that the spirits had allowed him to learn enough of the wind children's lauguage that he could understand so much of what was being said. There were probably only a few among the villiage that could do the same, so when it seemed as if the last partisipant in the cerimony had come forward Foalen turned his gaze to the villagers gathered around him.

Lifting his hand up he called out in a clear ringing voice giving a short summery of what he had heard to everyone gathered around the fire. When he finished he looked back at the proud soquili standing in front of him. "In patence, persivearnce, and honor you have guided and guarded those around you and simple though some of those deed may have seemed to you they have been heard and recoginized by all present here. There for I call upon the greater spirits to rise up and grant you their blessings. Fill these worthy spirits with your wisdom and power, grant them the knowlage and power they so richly deserve."

Power flowed all around the fire as the shaman spoke coming to linger upon the soquili that had spoken before the fire that night. To Foalen's eyes the soquili glowed like the birghtest of stars as the power filled them. They seemed almost to bright to lay eyes upon.

When the light faded the soquili so effected had changed. They appeared larger, stronger and more elegant than before. Lowering his hands Foalen began a chant dancing around the fire in thanks for the bountiful gifts of the spirits. Motioning for the others to join in should they wish to.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:59 pm
((Sorry to interrupt the rp, but a quick reminder for everyone who may or may not have read the update post:

Starting with the March updates, changes have been made to the elder policy and the process is now different. Please wait for the offical elder update before doing anything about elders; any new elder posts in this thread WILL BE DELETED

Thank you))  

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas