Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [PRV] God's Haven (Gods/Goddesses Only)
.:A Duty to Pleasure:. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ary Keeyara

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:12 am
User Image

The realm of the gods. This was a place Bathsheba didn't visit often. She stared at the strange landscape with cool violet eyes, feeling a small frown tug at her lips. She had wanted to take a days rest only from her wanderings, her patrols...and had decided to come here to escape it all. Though she didn't think of it as escape, for that would be neglect, would it? It'd be selfish. And yet she wasn't sure she could relax in this place. It did not give her the comfort that the busy mortal world did.

She settled back on her haunches with a sigh, her white wings folded at her side. She let her shoulders slide forward ever so slightly. There was no one here to observe her...did she really need her composure here? Her mask? And yet, she was afraid to drop it completely, else she was not able to put it back on again. So, reluctantly, she sat up straight again, feeling very very tired. Rest? It seemed a joke.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:20 am
User Image

-The love goddess.. the shadow goddess. Lim's mind traveled through the soft thoughts of the few scatterings of names he'd heard within the mortal lands. Beautiful creature he'd not yet met, and finally.. after not running into them on the surface, he made his way back to this unfamilar place.

The realm of gods and goddess.

He had nothing against the place, though nothing really for it either. But as long as it could present him with sight unfamilar from those below, he'd take his chance.

Traveling along at a lazy stroll, feathers held high like the vibrant peacock he was his eyes danced about the unfamilar scenery, trying to hard to narrow down one pressense.. as that prickling feeling of other immortals was apparently in multiple directions.

Choosing the strongest tug of them however, he picked up the pace, padding along with a soft murr lacing his smiling maw.-

Iris_virus

Dedicated Sweetheart

15,425 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Ary Keeyara

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:27 am
Sheba let out a weary breath, turning her head to look over her shoulder. She felt stands of white hair slip around her wings as she did so, peering into the distance where she felt the tug of another. This was the god's realm, so it could only be another God or Goddess. After her last meeting with another of this land she wasn't sure she wanted another meeting. She had been left tired and irrate from meeting the God of Reflection. She didn't need that again, being weary as it was.

Yet she knew it was someone different. They had an unfamiliar pull. Unwilling to move from where she had chosen to rest she simply waited. She only hoped the meeting wouldn't bring her too much trouble.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:36 am
((*luffs on her* Poor thing XD ))

-Speckled grey and white touched his eyes, followed by a soft perk of his interest as that soft touch of lavender met his sight. From the position and distance it was hard to tell the sex, but Lim had never been very choosey anyway. And any new face was a good one.

Inspecting her in a way that might have actually seemed rude in it's intensity he drew nearer. Her coloring was calm, lovely and simple, her wings lush and prestine, and that long mane almost made him guess that she was male until he drew near enough to catch the feminine scent that surrounded her. Calling out finally when he was close enough to be heard he mused softly, ever the friendly greeter.- "Well hello there. Hiding away from the mortal realm? Or perhaps waiting for someone?"

Iris_virus

Dedicated Sweetheart

15,425 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Ary Keeyara

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:43 am
Sheba's frown langthened at the question, though she did not look away from the other god. Unlike him, however, she kept her gaze politely on his face. "Resting. I hide from nothing," she replied simply. It was a serious answer to a casual question, but she couldn't help it. Hiding did not appeal to her, even in relaxed terms. "And no...I'm not expecting anyone." She turned her head slightly, though she continued to watch him from the corner of her eyes. Her poise had returned.

(( xD There is a song that seems a fitting repliy to that. Poor thing, but:

"Don't shed a tear for me I stand alone
This path of destiny is all my own
Once in the hands of ate
There is no choice"

<3 *snugsher* ))  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:53 am
-A frown! Well THAT wouldn't do at all. Lim drew forward immediately, bracing the lengths between them in a few long strides, until he stood only a length or so away from her, brows cocking softly.-

"One should not seem so sad when resting. Unless of course I'm disturbing something?"

-His tail flicked softly, silver eyes locked on her face. Whether he'd intended to stay with the goddess or not, now he was oblilgated to. He could make anyone smile. Hell it was his job. And this goddess was but a mystery to pluck at, until that familar expression settled upon that maw.-

Iris_virus

Dedicated Sweetheart

15,425 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Ary Keeyara

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:59 am
Oh dear. This one seemed quite energetic. Great. Well she certainly wasn't going to be resting now. "I am not sad," she murmured, twisting her frown into a serious line. And as much as she hated to admit it and encourage him to stay, she told him honestly, "And I already said you are disturbing nothing. I am not occupied by anything at present." Inside she squirmed, wanting to be alone, but he didn't appear to be the type to run off so soon. Reluctantly she told him, "I am Bathsheba. And you are?" It was only good manners that had her do so.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:22 am
"If you aren't sad, then there is no reason for such a sour face. It really doesn't suit you in the least."

-Oblivious to the inner turmoil and distaste the female was felling, Lim continued in his happy speech, going so far as to bow a little as he greeted her back, feathers rustling vainly.- "Wonderful to meet you Bathsheba. I'm Limbuko. God of Pleasure."

-Standing tall once more he creeped forward a few steps, until he was almost near enough to touch her should he reach out. And there he stopped, grinning at her like the young god he was.- "I happen to know a thing or two about joy, and happiness, and contentment. You my dear don't seem to be bustling with any of them. Is something wrong?"

Iris_virus

Dedicated Sweetheart

15,425 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Ary Keeyara

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:38 am
Sheba's mouth pressed together sourly. Of all the Gods she had to meet, it was the God of Pleasure. And by the looks of things this was not an area she had experience in handling. Discomfort twisted at her insides and she felt her head leaning back slightly as he drew close, to give them as much distance as possibly without havning to be so rude as to get up. "Nothing is...wrong," she said carefully, though that felt like an utter lie at present, "I suppose there is nothing that requires me to be....'bustling with joy' as you called it."  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:15 pm
"Requires?" -His eyes widened softly, a look of absolute bewilderment touching him. She couldn't be serious... And it was nearly impossible to imagine that one could go an entire lifetime without pleasure and joy.

He was taken aback, and his words came out softly.- "I believe that's part of the point. To let other thing slide and simply enjoy the moment. In whatever way that pleases you the best."

-Eyes sliding narrow in soft curiousity he enqiured rhetorically.- "Surely you're not so busy that you can't enjoy yourself for a brief moment."

Iris_virus

Dedicated Sweetheart

15,425 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Ary Keeyara

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:21 pm
"You don't know how busy I am," Sheba replied simply. Did she really have to explain herself to him? "Besides...acting on my every whim...it doesn't really suit the Goddess of Duty, now does it?" she added with care. She hoped that would be enough for him to understand. Her childhood self was not what was best for her domain, nor those who fell under it. She had a reasonsibility and that came first. Always first. Wasn't it the same with all gods and goddesses?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:32 pm
-He probably would have scoffed, had it not been so depressing. But this.. this was just sad. He was busy too.. always moving around to bring pleasure and joy to new people. But that didn't mean that he had to frump through everything and not enjoy the trip.-

"It IS your duty to yourself and your happiness to act upon your whims and your needs."

"One is perfectly capable of taking care of others and themselves at the same time."

-Lim wasn't usually one for a debate, but this goddess' dowry words and air were beginning to grate on him and his aura and he challenged her mildly.- "Who and what duty are you fulfilling while just laying here and resting? Noone buy your own, and your bodies need for reguvination. What harm is there in simply enjoying your rest? It takes no extra time or assertion at all. Noone is losing anything by your choosing to actually enjoy your domain and what you do."

Iris_virus

Dedicated Sweetheart

15,425 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Ary Keeyara

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:16 pm
Sheba felt her pride prickle at his words. Irratation filled her being and it took quite a bit of her learned control to keep her temper in check. "That is easy for you to say," she clipped, able to keep from flaring but unable to stop her own rash words. She was tired and while se had learned composure from her wild childhood days, it was far from perfected, "You've got a domain that quite easily pleases you. Duty isn't always fun, thank you very much. And some things are just...more important then being a little impulsive." She didn't mean to start an arguement, but it couldn't be helped. Not now. Perhaps she was also a bit sensative because not long ago another God had badgered her, hounded her about loosing her fire. She didn't expect anyone to understand.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:30 pm
-Lim's expression pursed, less out of anger and more out of irritation for her obviously different views. Pleasure god or not, he always thought he was right.. and this female was like a giant stone. Completely immovable.

Expression melting softly, to once again a more composed and calm look, he gave his shoulders a shrug, settling himself onto the ground beside her. He hadn't used his powers in ages.. and if anyone needed them. Surely it was her.

Clearing his mind softly, he gazed at the speckled lioness softly as his powers attempted to dig into her, searching for any signs of those instinctual pleasures and urges. Trying to draw one forth, as his voice offered soothingly.- "You're right.. your domain sounds a little more trying then mine.. but even so there must be some points about it that you enjoy? Something you've done that has brought you satisfaction?"

Iris_virus

Dedicated Sweetheart

15,425 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Ary Keeyara

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:45 pm
"I never said I didn't enjoy it," Sheba said slowly, feeling for moment as if words were hard to find. And with a small tingle down her spine she became painfully aware of how close he was. She felt her face flush under her light colored fur, which probably gave it a slightly pink shade as she clentched her jaw in uncertainty. Why did it feel like someone was twisting and tugging at her insides? She tried to squash the feeling but it was becoming hard to do. Panic was beginning to rise as well, feeling as if she were loosing her grip. As if she were slipping back into her ignorant childhood. "It's just..." she murmured, remembering she was talking, "...different then what you would think I guess...it's more...ah..."  
[PRV] God's Haven (Gods/Goddesses Only)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff