Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kyaishi
Crew

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:35 pm
This thread is for myself and Nisshou Hakuyaiba only. No posteh, please mrgreen
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:43 pm
It was hard, but the ebony-coated stallion hadn't let his mind dwell on the subject of the mare he'd pined after for the last few weeks... his discussion with miss Cynara had put him in a better mood than he remembered being before he was crushed by the news of miss Luna's motherhood. He hoped it wouldn't all go to hell the moment he saw her again, though... he wasn't sure he'd be able to handle having his heart broken all over again.

With a stubborn snort, the spotted soquili held his head high as he broke into a run across the grassy expanse, baying loudly to the sky as he sought to release his tension with a nice, long run.

Kyaishi
Crew

Eloquent Lunatic

Nisshou H

Kindred Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:53 pm
Lunathiel sighed looking down at the basket laying at the foot of the tree. She was glad that she had a child and all but she wished it wasn't such a burden. The basket shuddered and at first the young mother thought the sleeping child was cold. She did until a cry that sent shivers down her spine reached her ears.

Absolutely terrfied she moved over the basket and lowered her head glaring at what ever was heading at her. She felt fierce standing like that but inside she was terrified. "Get away!!!" She snapped snorting viciously at the quickly approaching black blur.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:02 pm
Stunned into submission, the stallion almost somersaulted head over hooves as he skidded to a stop before the painfully familiar mare, barely managing to keep his balance as he jerked back. "Miss... Luna?" Wonderful. Exactly the mare he had wanted to avoid contact with... at least until he was well on the path of healing. He could feel the brief thread of contentment that had started to wrap around his heart begin to unravel, golden eyes softening with hurt as he met her own gaze.

"Sorry, Ma'am," he said in an uncharacteristically soft voice, offering a weak smile that had nothing to do with happiness as he backed up a step. He'd forgotten how protective new mothers were, regardless who the intruder was. He knew he shouldn't take it personally, but it was hard not to. "I won't bother you again."

Kyaishi
Crew

Eloquent Lunatic

Nisshou H

Kindred Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:16 pm
"Shadow?"she asked, her defences dropping completely. She could trust Shadow, he wouldn't do anything to her basket. "You're not bothering me at all..." She said a small smile spreading over her face. "I couldn't tell it was you for a bit there...and you were running at me like you were going to kill me or something." She paused then narrowed her eyes suspiciously.

"You wouldn't...would you?" Her voice had dropped a bit and sounded a bit like she was going to start crying again. She wasn't sad in the least, just a little suspicious. What if he had come to get revenge? As silly as it sounded it was possible. She had heard stories of things like that from Bandit.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:23 pm
His muscles, tensed to run at the slightest gesture that he wasn't welcome, relaxed slightly as she greeted him, but tensed again for an entirely different reason when she questioned him. Was she serious? Did she really think him capable of that? Somehow, the thought made him bitter enough to wish he could answer in the positive, but even hurting as much as he was, he could never do anything to hurt her. Forcing a smile that felt like it broke something deep inside, he answered. "Miss Luna, don't you remember me saying I couldn't be mad at you, even if I wanted to?"  

Kyaishi
Crew

Eloquent Lunatic

Nisshou H

Kindred Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:36 pm
Lunathiel shook her head slowly biting her lip trying to remember. She truely needed to work on her memory. "I don't...not really but now counts too..." She smiled and stepped away from her basket for a moment to pull on Shadow's mane by way of greeting. "It's good to see you Shadow. We haven't talked since I was still pregnant..." She laughed a little then trotted back to her basket, it was shuddering again. "Calm down...hush child...the darkness will rise from the deep and carry you down into sleep...child..." As she sang she nudged the basket, rocking it gently.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:45 pm
He smiled half-heartedly at her greeting, standing back as he observed her singing to the basket. His gaze was sad, wistful, but he was happy for her all the same. He didn't dare let his mind wander to what could have been, what might have been... there were far too many 'what ifs' and he knew that considering them would only make him more miserable. "You have a lovely voice, miss Luna," he commented in his typical charming fashion, but it lacked the enthusiasm he was so well-known for.  

Kyaishi
Crew

Eloquent Lunatic

Nisshou H

Kindred Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:53 pm
The oceanic mare giggled stopping her lullaby. "Thank you....but it's really nothing special." She was grinning inwardly. It was hard being modest especially when she was so fond of her voice. After nuzzling the basket a few more times she straightened to meet Shadow's eyes head on. "You should see the other. It's the same color as me with black. Can you imagine it? I'm not sure where the black came from. Possably from Kohana but..." She froze and smaked her self inside. What on earth made her think that he would want to hear about the father when it had clearly upset him the first time.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:19 pm
Ignoring the pang of hurt and jealousy that assaulted his insides, he smiled back at her, tilting his head to one side as he looked down at the basket. "I'm sure they'll be beautiful, just like their mother. You'll have to introduce me to this 'Kohana' someday... at least so I can threaten him to treat you right."  

Kyaishi
Crew

Eloquent Lunatic

Nisshou H

Kindred Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:28 pm
Lunathiel takes a fearful step backwards. He wasn't serious was he? He sounded it, but, would he really do something like that? "He will...he said he'd be a good father..." For some reason her voice was quaking in fear. Sure this whole thing was unexpected but that didn't mean he needed to go around threatening her babies father. She could tell he meant well but if he did anything bad to Kohana she may have to go after him. There was no way for her to raise two children by her self.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:41 pm
It was quiet for a moment, but as he saw her start to shake, it drove the final stake into his heart. He'd never done anything to deserve her sudden mistrust of him, he was sure of that... he'd never hurt her, he'd never even gotten mad at her... so why did she fear him? A bitter sadness rose up in him, and the faint desire to hurt her in the way she'd hurt him teased at the edge of his consciousness... but even if she didn't trust him not to follow those instincts, he would never resort to that. Why didn't she understand?

He was sure, in that moment, that there was no going back for either of them, and he understood that even if she had loved him, it would never have worked. Taking a step back with an air of finality, he let his forelocks fall over his eyes so they were hidden from view. "I should go... I wish you the best of luck and happiness with your foals, miss Luna."

Kyaishi
Crew

Eloquent Lunatic

Nisshou H

Kindred Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:01 pm
"Sh-shadow?"She looked him once over then bowed her head til it touched the basket. "I guess this is it then...?" Her voice caught in her throat as she forced back tears. Why did things have to turn this way just when she was finally figuring out her heart? She pushed the basket gently then bit into it and picked it up. She glanced one last time at Shadow before running off towards the village.

She could feel tears streaming down her face before leaking into the basket. She had expected some pain from her pregnancy but nothing like this. There was no way to think of anything that hurt so much.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:23 pm
So this was it. Closure, he supposed. It was for the best, he tried to assure himself... a relationship never would have worked between two people who didn't trust each other... or just one that didn't trust the other, he reminded himself bitterly. Somehow, it didn't make him feel any better. She didn't love him, and she never had. You can't love someone you don't trust. She hadn't even tried to understand his pain, either... was he so unimportant?

Not wanting to ponder the truth of the answer to that question, the stallion blinked back frustrated tears, feeling the last strands of stability in his bleeding heart unravel into nothing. He wanted to beg and plead, to make her see what she was doing to him... but what was there left to say? He hadn't done anything wrong! There was nothing to apologize for... so why? Why wouldn't she stay? Why didn't she love him? What had he done to deserve this? And goddammit all... why did it hurt so much?!

Unable to withhold the brunt of his emotions, he let loose a cry of grief and agony, of unending pain and sorrow, at her, at the unfairness of it all. He wished, at that moment, that he could sink into the ground and be no more.

Kyaishi
Crew

Eloquent Lunatic

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas