Reply The United Martial Artists Guild
Injury from Training

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shin2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:00 pm
Well about a week ago I was practicing on a punching bag, about 70 pounds or so. As I was working on my left snap kick, I missed the timeing and kick to soon resulting in a straight leg, alittle bit high...and the returning bag pressed aganist my foot causing my knee to be injured. Hyperextension? Can you guys help me with my recovery? I've been using ice bags, Dit da jow. But any other remidies? Don't get me wrong I can still run and walk fine but when I try to stand stright with my knees straight it sends off pain. Help os very much apperciated.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:52 pm
Keep off of it for a wile.

The worst I have realy had from training was bruises and sore muscles.  

Wolf Nightshade
Vice Captain

Shin2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:12 pm
Does a week sound o.k.? Or maybe two...  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:36 am
worst injury i had was a couple shin splint(both legs obviously)

just rest till it feels better, then rest a little more.  

dee zaku ii

ninja.ace

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:21 pm
I was always really stupid with my injuries. I had surgery to get a bone taken out of my foot and I dont know if it was the drugs I was on or what but I didnt feel anything and decided to go to TKD and Kendo practice that night. Not smart ripped through all my stitches lolz.

So rest, rest well and long.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:00 am
Thanks for the reasurnment. I'll probably give it another week until I start on my CHoy Li Fut trianing.  

Shin2

Arunath

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:31 pm
sprain in my knees and ankles... crying  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:52 pm
maybe you should consider accupunture? it works wonders lol... biggrin  

ghostpalm

ninja.ace

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:54 pm
My aunt does Wassu, water massage therapy, and acupuncture. Shes always trying to let her do acupunctuire to me but I dunno shes sort of phsycotic, I dont think Id trust her sticking eedles into me lolz.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:22 am
Worst injury I've ever had was during a throw. You know how when you kneel you toes lay flt? Well I did a throw and as I threw the person it was at an angle and as we went to fall over my toe curled under, the guy weighed about 15 stone and landed on the back of my foot, the heel, cracking my big toe out. It wasn't broken but I couldn't bend it for two months.

The same guy also knelt on my ribcage and it popped in and popped back out.  

Mangafairy

Mangafairy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:27 am
Shin2
Does a week sound o.k.? Or maybe two...

Maybe 2, because if you go back to training and you think you are better but it isnt totally recovered but the pain has gone then it could get worse. So tell the person who trains you if you do.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:12 pm
probly about 2 weeks and you'll be fine  

angelic_froggy

nightwing773

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:35 pm
worst injury, shattered leg, knee, and partially broken hip, and torn gastraucnemius and hamstring. out for 6 months for recovery from the repair surgery.

relax, and use ice, and maybe use ibproufen as needed.  
The United Martial Artists Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games