Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply OoC :: Quests.
[Q]A Tea-time treat (Orange-Currant Scone {SEVERE UPDATES} Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Like the new idea?
Yes
77%
 77%  [ 17 ]
No
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
So-So
18%
 18%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 22

Das Tor
Crew

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:01 am
This Quest has undergone major changes...

Heheh....

Meet Orange-Currant Scone!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:23 am
Sweet Thing Name: Crevan
Guardian: Bennu Samhain.
Flavor: Orange Currant
Colors: Black, dark orange, and off-white
Physical description for each stage:
Toddler | At this stage, Crevan appears to be a four or five year old child. Crevan’s dark orange eyes are always filled with curiosity and slightly mischievous. His black hair is constantly tousled and reaches the top of his ears, with his off-white bangs parted so that the majority covers his right eye. His grin is slightly smug and wry, and his skin is a light tan. He is most often dressed in an off-white dress shirt, with back knee-length shorts, a dark orange vest (left unbuttoned), and off-white socks with black loafers…though keeping them on him is another story. And he always has a band-aid somewhere on his person thanks to his mischief.
Child | Crevan looks like a ten year old now…and is just as mischievous looking as ever. His dark orange eyes are only slightly older, and still filled with as much curiosity and mischief as before. His skin is somewhat darker, making his bright, wry smile and the constant presence of a band-aid all the more noticeable. Crevan’s hair is still black with off-white bangs, swept to the right so it covers that eye, and now reaches his chin. He dresses like a British boy in the 19th century (Victorian era), though a bit more...relaxed, with off-white dress shirt, black trousers, dark orange vest, off-white socks, and black loafers. On the bottoms hem of his pants and on the vest is an alternating pattern of orange slices and black currants.
Teenager | Crevan has become the boy your mother loves to hate. His dark orange eyes are smoldering with mischief and whatever else he’s feeling, but his smile has become a bit less wry and more charming like his brother’s. His black hair now reaches his shoulder, with his off-white bangs swept to the side so they cover his right eye, and his skin is a dark tan. He dresses like an Old English gentleman; an off-white dress shirt, dark orange vest, black blazer, black dress pants, black loafers, and a dark orange bowler hat. Embroidered on the bottom hems of his blazer, vest, and pants is a pattern of alternating black currants and orange slices.
Adult | Crevan has become the refined trickster. His smile is charming, but has an undertone of mischief, and his dark orange eyes are always filled with curiosity and a strange sort of kindness. His black hair now reaches the bottom of his shoulder blades and is kept in a ponytail, with his off-white bangs reaching his chin and swept to the right, covering that eye. His skin is just as dark a tan as before. His dress is much the same as his Teenage self, though with a few additions: a black trench coat, dark orange ‘decorative’ cane, and a mismatched pair of earrings; the left is an orange slice, the right is a black currant.
Personality: Crevan is a prankster...but he doesn't prank if he doesn't mean well. He honestly thinks sometimes people need to be shaken up. He's also fairly wry and smug, with an ego larger than poor Bennu can handle sometimes. Though he’s often brash and more likely to act than think if it’s not a prank, he has his sweet moments, and is a bit akward around girls other than Bennu. After all, he lives with her!
Custom Cert?: XD;
Extra notes: Crevan despises the nickname of Cre...However, he lets Bennu call him that. Crevan also has a British accent.
Special Power: N/A currently (any suggestions, people?)

Das Tor
Crew

Romantic Enabler

Das Tor
Crew

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:08 pm
Name: Bennu Samhain
Residence: A big old house with too many rooms for just herself. She's got it almost entirely fixed up!
Appearance: Bennu's appearance has grown with her. Her hair is still rather curly, but she's let the dye fade, leaving her tresses their original dark blond, save for the last couple inches. They now reach her knees, and she keeps her hair in a braid with part of it in a bun while at work. At work, she wears a white shirt with black or pinstripe slacks and a white apron (though said apron is often a bit stained from whatever baking she helped with that morning).
Outside of work...she wears rather 'Victorian' gothic clothing or 'rocker' clothing, with silver jewelry. She prefers dark, rich colors to go along with the black. Her eyes are a deep sapphire blue, standing out against her ivory skin. She stands at about 5'6", and is fairly slim, with moderate curves.
Personality: Bennu is bright and cheery on the outside, and does her best to avoid conflict. She dearly loves her art, and would love to be able to draw for a living...but lately circumstances are steering her away from it...She's a bit shy around good-looking guys, having had bad experiences with past boyfriends, and often feels insecure around good-looking girls. Bennu loves baking, and has gained a lot of skill while working for Mooncakes. She is hard to anger…but it has happened before, and unlike most who burst, she becomes cold and calculating. ‘Revenge is a dish best served cold.’ She’s been known to hold a grudge for years.
Issues: Bennu's life on her own has helped her to grow...but she still has issues with her overbearing mother and overcoming her own awkwardness around guys that are attractive. She even still has her moments around Audley, despite the fact she's been working for him for almost a year!
Family: Judith Samhain, her mother, is a caterer who works from home. Heru Ma'at, her father, disappeared from her life when Bennu was five, and has recently reappeared. Her younger half-sister Nakia lived with her for a time...but her father retrieved her. The two keep in touch and visit. Her brother-by-choice, Chase de'Croix, currently lives with her and helps continue fixing up the Samhain family home...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:27 pm
-reserved-  

Das Tor
Crew

Romantic Enabler

Das Tor
Crew

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:31 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

HOMG! Shouko drew Cre!

Bennu headshot by me!

Art of Bennu and concept Cre are always loved!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:24 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
XD;  

Das Tor
Crew

Romantic Enabler

Das Tor
Crew

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:24 pm
Funds

XD;

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:25 pm
Life Gone By

The first thing Bennu was able to remember was her father’s smiling face as he ruffled her hair. He was saying something, and she held her bright red teddy bear close. Over the years, the words had become blurred and eventually non-existent. Bennu just knew he had once said something. She remembered breaking down in tears, crying as a child does, then her mother picking her up as Heru Ma’at walked out of Bennu’s life. She remembered using words that weren’t appropriate for a little girl of five years, directed at her mother and the fake-tan, pinched-skin woman near her mother. She remembered just staring at her ceiling that night, unable to sleep, unable to cry anymore, unable to speak. She remembered sending him letter after letter, and never getting any answers…

Elementary and middle school were just a blur. Paris may have been her home, but it was far from where she belonged. Preferring dark, ‘doll’-like clothes to the bright colors and airy designs of the other children, she was pushed around, made fun of, called things like witch and vampire. Her mother tried everything she could to make Bennu stop wearing the clothes she liked. She didn’t succeed. Bennu went from an outgoing, exuberant girl to a quiet, shy little thing who eventually got so used to the names she was called, that they just stabbed away without her noticing. She felt like one of the zombies that just went along with the flow. Maybe that’s why she liked horror movies so much…They didn’t faze her. She felt more camaraderie with them. Misunderstood and viewed as evil. Her only clear memories were of her mother’s kindness when they were baking, her weekend sleepovers with her best friend Tanya, and the times she spent with her great-grandmother Sidhe Samhain. And the feeling of despair when she gave up on her father at age nine.

She remembered the feeling of freedom whenever she was with Tanya and her mother, or her great-grandmother Sidhe in Marcelles. They made her feel as if she was someone special…someone worth being. It was during those times that her best drawings came to the fore. Some were darker than others, and it took her a while to refine the art…but each one was loved by those who made her feel wanted. And so the slow healing of her heart took place. One step forward, two steps back. It stayed that way up into high school. It was then that things started to go really wrong.

Bennu had learned to forget her father. Her mother had even taken away the only thing that she had left of him…her red teddy bear, Val. As far as Bennu knew, the bear had been trashed. Then Tanya moved away at the beginning of their second year. Bennu remembered crying as much as she had when her father had left. She had spent that night looking through her photo album, and the subsequent months saw her write more letters than she ever had before. And calls were only had once a month. And it wasn’t enough for the two friends. Touch and voice and sight were what they needed…not one or the other. So they drifted further apart. And Great-grandmother Sidhe’s health began to rapidly decline. Bennu suddenly found herself with more male attention than she wanted as her self-esteem dropped once more. By the time she was 17, she’d had several boyfriends, most of which were emotionally abusive or manipulating. Her ‘friends’ weren’t much more than people looking to take advantage of her helping nature, and her mother pressured her to go into ‘something more worthwhile’ than her drawing.

And then her great-grandmother died. That tore her apart. She withdrew into herself for a couple of weeks, refusing to talk to anyone. And then the lawyer came. Read her great-grandmother’s will. The family home was to be left to Bennu. As was a good sum of money, held in trust by said lawyer until the lawyer felt Bennu capable of handling it. For weeks…Bennu debated her options. Her mother forbade her to go, but her eighteenth birthday was soon. And it was on her birthday that her decision was made. She would go to the family home and fix it up…make a life for herself in Marcelles. She would leave her mother’s thumb and be herself again.

The move after high school ended was the first time in many years Bennu felt free. She was finally on the path to becoming her own person, not her mother’s stand-in.

Bennu hugged the bright red bear to herself, grinning like a five year old again. “Dear gods…I thought you’d been lost forever Val…” She looked at the package that had held him again, suddenly recognizing the name on the return address, and a letter tucked neatly into an envelope attached to the package.

“Heru Ma’at. Long time, no hear father.” She opened the letter and read.

My dear Bennu,

I know you haven’t heard from me in quite a while. I’m sure that was your mother’s doing, since I never got any letters from you. But don’t worry. I still love you very much, my little firebird. I have a new family now. My wife is a bit…strict, I guess. But things have turned out okay. Except for Nakia. She’s a solitary sort. She’s your half-sister, and she recently ran away. My guess is she ended up tracking you down. If so, tell her to come home soon. I don’t want to force her to do anything, but I do want her to be safe. By the way…if you’re wondering why you’re getting this…Your great-grandmother sent Val to me four years ago. Told me to keep it safe and send it to you at this address after you would finish school. And she had a way of Knowing things, so I trusted her and kept him safe. So here he is. I hope you keep in touch now. I’d like to see what kind of young woman you’ve become.

Love,
    Your father, Heru Ma’at

Bennu cried, now hugging the letter and Val to her chest. “You didn’t forget about me…Daddy…”

Das Tor
Crew

Romantic Enabler

Das Tor
Crew

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:14 pm
One last reserved...AND NOW YOU CAN POST!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:22 pm
Ooooo...Crevan is cute!  

Grif Rainchild

Audley Nachtmann
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:55 pm
Lookit DAT FACE! |squeeeeeee~|  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:58 pm
I know! Cre's just adorable!  

Das Tor
Crew

Romantic Enabler

Rainbow Lime

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:03 am
He's super adorable! Beautifull concept and thread.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:07 pm
Thanks, Limey! And the new concept is up!  

Das Tor
Crew

Romantic Enabler

Audley Nachtmann
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:01 am
I am confused...

What's a currant? xD;  
OoC :: Quests.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff