Submit

Ophelias Bathwater

High-functioning Werewolf

13,725 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:04 am
In high school, there were all kinds of traditions, and I've found a disturbing lack of them in college. In high school, we used to select a speaker (usually it was either somebody's first or last show) and pass the energy around the circle while trying not to talk or laugh (rarely worked).

We also have this habit of dancing inappropriately for our costumes. I'm guilty of belly dancing in a hoop skirt and I once saw a kid in an old man costume C-walk through the dressing room. I will forever cherish that memory.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:33 am
In our circle time, everyone starts a cadence like in the movie glory and ppl (basically seniors) come in adn say stuff. oy Then we do girl circle and boy circle. Boys are weird so I don't know what they do, but teh girls put our right legs in and a senior pray. ("Dear God, thank you for this wonderful circle of vaginas...") and at the end we all yell out something stupid ("SHE'S A PEARL GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!")  

bella72715

Komurin Your Face

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:12 pm
We too do the energy circle. We also have a drama awards banquet at the end of the year, cast parties, and a tradition of eating at Pizza King.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:04 am
Oh, man, my high school had some great ones... I'm not sure when it started exactly, but since I joined the theatre department (and for all I know, I started this one) and at least through my senior year, we played 'Bohemian Rhapsody' before every show. I've played it in the dressing room or costume shop at the college as well, but it's not really tradition like it was in high school.

Also in high school we had stickers. If you were going on stage, you had to wear a sticker somewhere on your clothes (or underclothes), where the audience wouldn't see it, but where you would know it was there.

I had a friend who tried to make the girls forego underwear on stage, but it didn't catch on.

And then when I started at the community college, there was 'Ten Minutes'. The game 'Ten Minutes' was always going, and it could happen to you at any time. Basically, someone would spank you once in passing and shout (or whisper, if the show was actually going on) 'ten minutes', the length of time you had to wait before retaliating. You could try to run, or you could stand with your back to the wall, but eventually, even 'non-participants' got 'Ten Minutes'ed.

=^__^=
Anneko  

Anneko

Theanator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:28 am
We have a lo.
Proprs crew always squeezes into our absurdly small proops room and we jump up and down saying "Get psyched" getting louder every time. It's actually very helpful.
For the musical, our warm up song(after actual warm ups) is Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen. And we always act it all out. It's just silly and fun.
At intermission a ton of people squeeze into the Make-up/Costume room(we have a horribly small theatre at my school...) and dance to Boom Boom Boom Boom by the Vengaboys.
At the muscal cast party we do senior goodbyes. Which is pretty much towards the end oof it, the seniors all sit in al ine of the front of the stage and everyone else is in the pit. And the seniors movedown the line saying whatever goodbyes they want to say. It's very solemn and sad....there's usually lots of cying.
And at Drama Awards we finish up with Junior Goodbyes. In which a senior sits up on the stage and any junior who wants to says their goodbyes to them. And we do that for all our seniors. It's fun,.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:11 pm
There's a tradition we, french people, has when it comes to theatre. We never EVER say "good luck" to another actor. Instead, we say "Merde". Merde means poop, so let's just say we say to each other the complete opposite of good luck.

Also, there's a superstition that says: "Bad general, great premiere", so when we did great at the general, no need to say we're really...REALLY nervous when the premiere comes xd  

[M]a.r.t.s

Dangerous Genius

4,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Profitable 100
  • Swap Meet 100

ShyKid08

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:58 pm
After opening night, we all pile into cars (the younge ones who can't drive hitch rides w/ other members) and we all go to Denny's. We go out every show night thereafter as well, and a closing night party at the director's house. These parties go waaay into the AM and makes many parents angry. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:25 pm
We have lots of traditions. My fave is singing the Fresh Prince theme song.
When we did The Laramie Project this year, we all put our hands into a circle and shouted "Go go gadget Laramie!!" I have no idea who came up with that but it caught on.
Me and my friend are in the process of making a new tradition where we all sing the Pokemon theme song at the cast party.  

Little Miss Awkward

Tipsy Comrade

14,700 Points
  • Planetary Technician 150
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Mark Twain 100

enchantress of lightning

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:11 pm
At my school they have an Energy Circle. A couple minutes before the show we get in a circle holding hands and say this line which is amazing then one of the seniors is asigned before hand to pick a word for the show. Once they finish explaining everyone jumps up and down still holding hands screaming the word to get excited for the show. The explanations have left everyone crying sometimes........  
Gaian Theatre Company

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff