Submit

Do you think RHPS should be remade?
  Yeah!
  Why not?
  HELL NO!
View Results

Broken Lizard

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:58 pm
I don't want it remade but I have some new input. I went the Rocky Con and heard Pat Quinn, Little Nell, and Sal Piro's views. When Sal said we'll talk about the remake the whole room started to boo about the remake. Sal was saying he remembers about 15 years ago he was at a convention and people were just as upset when it was coming out on video. How it wouldn't be the same as the theaters. And the said look we are still here and now have with an even greater love for rocky. We all always come bake to the original in theaters even though we have the movie. Then he said have fun with the protests and the online petitions but give it a chance because MTVs audience is bigger then rock's can every be. And if people love it it will make them want to see the original. and it it is bad everyone will still like the original. So give it a chance first.
I still don't want made but all 3 were not against it. and it makes me feel a little better about it.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:15 pm
Broken Lizard
I don't want it remade but I have some new input. I went the Rocky Con and heard Pat Quinn, Little Nell, and Sal Piro's views. When Sal said we'll talk about the remake the whole room started to boo about the remake. Sal was saying he remembers about 15 years ago he was at a convention and people were just as upset when it was coming out on video. How it wouldn't be the same as the theaters. And the said look we are still here and now have with an even greater love for rocky. We all always come bake to the original in theaters even though we have the movie. Then he said have fun with the protests and the online petitions but give it a chance because MTVs audience is bigger then rock's can every be. And if people love it it will make them want to see the original. and it it is bad everyone will still like the original. So give it a chance first.
I still don't want made but all 3 were not against it. and it makes me feel a little better about it.

See, that's what I like to hear. I don't like that MTV didn't get a blessing from Richard O'Brien, but still, it could be good.

The Amazing Bert Schnick

XxFragilePsychosisxX

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:28 pm
Umm... No.
The charm of RHPS is that it is an old movie. That's part of the reason why it's so good.
Admittedly, if it is done, I'd like to see how it's been mutilated changed, but why change something this good?
Rocky should stay the way it is.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:54 pm
Wow... I have heard about this remake now for about 5 months. How could the remake it? I mean are they trying to get a new generation into the whole rocky scene? I hope not because I was at a RHPS Halloween show last night and it got sold out. So if the original is still going strong why re do a good thing? I think it would be horrible.  

xHeatherHomicidex

Dangerous Lunatic

6,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

PlasticEdenPirate

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:40 pm
I can somewhat imagine manson singing sweet transvestite...scarier than hell  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:58 am
Pretty Rave Girl 4444
I can somewhat imagine manson singing sweet transvestite...scarier than hell
i too can picture this...if they do decide to make this remake i think ...us Rocky fan's should be somewhat flattered that the movie industry thinks it is worth a re-make,
however on a non biased point i understand that rocky is a cult classic
and could never be replaced and i wonder ..have the movie industry ran out of ideas already?..
but another part of me is very curious...  

Whispered_Fates

Kaywyn_Adama

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:04 am
NOOOOOOOOO! No remakes! Rocky horror is good enough as it is! to remake this movie is just...wrong on so many levels...especily since it has such a cult following anyway and is still in theaters all around the country (Been looking for one in RI to either go to or play in...) Either way weather or not the movie industry wants to remake it it is NOT a good idea...I wouldn't go see it I can tell you that. Especially not with Manson as Frankenfurter...*gets chills* that IS scary  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:31 pm
Kaywyn_Adama
NOOOOOOOOO! No remakes! Rocky horror is good enough as it is! to remake this movie is just...wrong on so many levels...especily since it has such a cult following anyway and is still in theaters all around the country (Been looking for one in RI to either go to or play in...) Either way weather or not the movie industry wants to remake it it is NOT a good idea...I wouldn't go see it I can tell you that. Especially not with Manson as Frankenfurter...*gets chills* that IS scary

Here's my opinion. Watch it, and see if you like it. If you do, you have another movie to like. If you don't, no skin off you're back, or the original movie, and you can go on with your life. At least give it a chance. If you judge it before you even see it, you're no better than the annoying preppy kids who judge all the "weird" movies, like Rocky Horror, before they see them.

The Amazing Bert Schnick

Kaywyn_Adama

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:44 pm
DrCosmoMcKinley
Kaywyn_Adama

Here's my opinion. Watch it, and see if you like it. If you do, you have another movie to like. If you don't, no skin off you're back, or the original movie, and you can go on with your life. At least give it a chance. If you judge it before you even see it, you're no better than the annoying preppy kids who judge all the "weird" movies, like Rocky Horror, before they see them.
True enough...however I guess I'm a little scared at the concept. I mean I always thought Rocky Horror was one of those movies that is good enough as it is...it doesn;t need a remake. I'll probably give it a chance perhaps...however I still stand by the fact that it is a bad idea to remake it...I guess I am just thinking '"If it ain't broke, don't fix it" *shrugs*  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:32 pm
Kaywyn_Adama
DrCosmoMcKinley
Kaywyn_Adama

True enough...however I guess I'm a little scared at the concept. I mean I always thought Rocky Horror was one of those movies that is good enough as it is...it doesn;t need a remake. I'll probably give it a chance perhaps...however I still stand by the fact that it is a bad idea to remake it...I guess I am just thinking '"If it ain't broke, don't fix it" *shrugs*

But, as it was stated earlier, when Rocky Horror was first released on VHS, the fans were just as outraged by the idea, because it was meant to be in a theater with an audience, not at home. But, when it was released, it increased the love for the movie. Maybe the remake may do this. The original fan base is so big, that it's only a matter of time before the people who have only seen the remake, hear about the original, and see it.

The Amazing Bert Schnick

The Rocky Horror Picture Show Fan Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces