Reply Dancing Feet: A guild for dancers
fuerte turns Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xtina~kiss

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:17 am
Well you obviously cant move out of one spot so all tha advice already I guess and make sure your feet are strong if you cant do 100 or more releve's without stopping then you need to work on them because part of fouttes is foot strength so you don't evre depend on only momentum to get you up!!!!!! rofl  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:24 am
I really don't understand why my ballet teacher says stuff like that.. I agree about momentum.. she was talking to me about that and I just kinda stared at her.. but I took her advice... after all she was the teacher.. but stare I can't do them good anyway.. lmao  

Vickles

Cap-n Jack
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:57 am
Which ones are you doing? The ones where you bend your knee or where you keep your leg straight...? sweatdrop

Well, all I can really say is work on keeping your leg strong when you're moving it from one side to the other. And keep your back straight. :3 Hope I helped. ^^

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:20 pm
You really need to practice at the barre. That's how you'll get the coordination to do it correctly center. Take your time. Ballet is an art of patience. My teacher always tells us to press the opposite shoulder forward. Often times when people go to the right they'll let their left arm fall behind. And vice versa. It really helps with momentum thing. Think of really pulilng up in between the develope' part. Really think about pulling into a piroette rather then trying to nudge yourself around. And really whip it around, at least till you get a feel for it. Taht way you'll have the momentum and the power and once you haave the feeling for it then you can slow down and do it musically and worry about all that. good luck!  

Ruatria

watermelon_slice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:15 pm
hehe I can only do to but how I learned was I would lay on the floor and have someone hold my hips down and then i did the motion of them with only my leg. Then I practice balance. and try and spot or learn how to get out of dizziness fast I have to do that because I am horrible at spotting but you'll get them. and when you are laying in bed before you go to sleep. picture yourself doing them and how it feels physically. I've learned so many moves and tricks this way  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:21 pm
for fouettes (or whatever) I advise accually everyone that attempts this to think of going UP instead of turning. It helps soo much. I dont need to think about spotting because I do that automatically XD and it is good while you bring your leg out before you accually TURN make sure you keep the turnout before you whip you leg into passe, it helps to a lot, and it makes it look better blaugh  

Araishime

~cant~stand~still~

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:34 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:22 pm
i hate to admit but trying these turns at the barre first helps. you don't do the whole turn yet but you do is practice timing here when your arms and legs move. also posture is very important, do not hunch your back. make sure you have a straight supporting leg underneath you so you don't lose balance. spotting your head in one place is very necessary. so just remember good posture, staight legs, plie, and spot  

sasam!-san

1,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

StripieCallie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:01 pm
I don't know I can't get those but I never tried them at the bar only on the floor.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:44 am
Probably one of the most difficult turns. yet...they aren't even that hard.
just keep your leg straight....get a good deep plie....should get you around.
ALSO.....the keep the arms strong and tight....VERY useful.
SPOT...though for this turn....isn't THAT important as to pirouettes.  

aZn DaNcE CuTiE 23

doremi_dancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:07 am
Fouettes, fouettes, fouettes.
They're like the bane of our existence ;] Jay kay

Doing them at barre helps a ton. Of course I never did that, lol. Okay, so maybe sure your hips are even and one isn't raised. Also, never, EVER go into a back attitude. Keep your legs turned out and something I found is that it's much better to learn and do them with turned out beats rather than turning in.

For instance, your leg starts out in front of you [devant] extended, NO MORE THAN 90 degrees, ron de jamb it to the side, bring it into a passe connected at the back, beat front.

When you get these, do them as you would do them turning, so plie, during the devant front, and releve as you bring them to the side.

Oh jeez.
I hope that made sense, lol.

And spot!
Yeah, definitely spot.
And plie.
Hahahahahaha, make sure your arms are connected.
And keep your supporting leg straight.
Jeez, this is long.
lol  
Dancing Feet: A guild for dancers

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out