Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Imperial War Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:42 pm
Cale Darksun
The Insurectionists were a liberal group of Givins, which just proves what every Republican believes: Liberals are on the side of Darkness and Evil.

I'm a liberal and a conservative, so I get to make fun of both... twisted  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:44 pm
Then you're an independent.
You can't be both.  

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:46 pm
Oh boy... here they come.

Cloaked starfighters launched from two seperate directions as well as long range warheads. Wait a minute, long range warheads... Is that a copy of what I did with my mass-drivers? Edge of system artillery barrage? I knew I should have held off on that tactic. Damn.

Oh well. While the Republic fleet may be unprepared for a long range warhead attack, my siege ships should be able to absorb most of the damage you're throwing at us. And the small, fast frigates used by FRICK will be able to easily avoid inbound missiles, plus their gatling ACP cannons are ideal for the small fast threat posed by the fighters.

This should be fun.  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:47 pm
Cale Darksun
Then you're an independent.
You can't be both.

Says who?

Everybody's a little of both; nobody's all one side or another. I think dividing up the country into those two camps is kinda silly, so I choose to be in both. We're all Americans, in spite of our differences.

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:51 pm
stellarmagic

Cloaked starfighters launched from two seperate directions as well as long range warheads. Wait a minute, long range warheads... Is that a copy of what I did with my mass-drivers? Edge of system artillery barrage? I knew I should have held off on that tactic. Damn.

Oh well. While the Republic fleet may be unprepared for a long range warhead attack, my siege ships should be able to absorb most of the damage you're throwing at us. And the small, fast frigates used by FRICK will be able to easily avoid inbound missiles, plus their gatling ACP cannons are ideal for the small fast threat posed by the fighters.

This should be fun.

Fury either hasn't been paying attention to the capabilities of the fleet at Yag Dhul, or is choosing to stay inside the realms of In Character knowledge.  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:54 pm
I'd have thought the sith would have gotten off some signal with observed ships around the planet and moons. But hey, it does seem like an awfully small attack force doesn't it?  

stellarmagic

Darth Fury

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:58 pm
Small attack force vs. Really big attack force

Naturally, the only option really left to me is a type of guerilla warfare.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:01 pm
stellarmagic
I'd have thought the sith would have gotten off some signal with observed ships around the planet and moons. But hey, it does seem like an awfully small attack force doesn't it?

For the fleet assembled against them, yes.
But something else comes to mind as well.
The Republic picked you up at the edge of the system, in a location similar to where Fury plans to deploy.
Odds are that she's going to be picked up as well. And since you can't cloak in hyperspace without blowing out your devices, she'll need to drop out, then stealth.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Darth Fury

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:02 pm
stellarmagic

This should be fun.

The starfighters aren't cloaked, just the larger ships. The Razgriz fighters have stealth capabilities similar to the IRL F/A-22 Raptor.

I'm not copying your idea with the long range warheads, per say. Artillery is a vital component to many combat scenarios. I'm also not using mass-drivers, closer to ballistic missiles.

Your ships are only a small part of the larger fleet, and not my main target anyways.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:03 pm
True, and dropping out of hyperspace releases a torrent of radiation which is like a beacon to everyone in the system yelling.

I'm here!  

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:04 pm
The astrography of Yag Dhul makes hit and hype tactics unwise for anyone but the locals.
Not enough places to hide.  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:04 pm
stellarmagic
True, and dropping out of hyperspace releases a torrent of radiation which is like a beacon to everyone in the system yelling.

I'm here!

Just let her.
She'll figure it out.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Darth Fury

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:05 pm
Cale Darksun
stellarmagic

For the fleet assembled against them, yes.
But something else comes to mind as well.
The Republic picked you up at the edge of the system, in a location similar to where Fury plans to deploy.
Odds are that she's going to be picked up as well. And since you can't cloak in hyperspace without blowing out your devices, she'll need to drop out, then stealth.

Space is not finite. (Or at least, not that finite) We're dropping out of hyperspace out of their sensor range, and then approaching the edge of the system. I'm outnumbered 100 to 1 as it is, I'm not going to jump into the middle of a deathtrap.  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:06 pm
Cale Darksun
The astrography of Yag Dhul makes hit and hype tactics unwise for anyone but the locals.
Not enough places to hide.

The beauty of cloaks: Everywhere is a place to hide.  

Darth Fury

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:06 pm
Though considering your fleet is in low orbit below the moons and would have to do quite a bit of navigational calculation to get out. Fireship tactics could be highly effective.

Hit and hype would have worked best on raids against the supply convoys that must be feeding the republic fleet.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff