To save the life of the woman Yes
To preserve physical health Yes
To preserve mental health Yes
Rape or incest Yes
Foetal impairment Yes
Economic or social reasons No
Available on request No

Additional requirements:

An abortion must be performed by, or under the direction of, a physician within the first 12 weeks of gestation on the grounds of preserving the woman’s physical or mental health or in the case of rape; or within 16 weeks if there is a risk that the child will be born with an incurable disease or malformation. The existence of these circumstances must be certified in writing by a physician other than the one performing the procedure. This certification must be accompanied by the written consent of the woman requesting the abortion, not less than three days prior to the date of the procedure; women under age 16 must have the consent of the husband, parents or, in their absence, any relative. Abortions must be performed in an official or officially approved health-care establishment.

Damn you Catholic people!!! scream Why did you have to be the majority, WHY?? scream

I guess it's better to have this, huh?

The document
There are an estimated 16,000 illegal abortions each year in Portugal.

stare  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:48 pm
adabyron

Wow. That's just about the most retarded way to share information on the web. Not everyone has or wants Word, and a word processor is extreme overkill for the kind of info they want to get across. Guess I'm out of luck. stressed

yeah, my computer through the most amazing hissy... I had Pikachu screaming at me for 5 minutes while I told Word to shut the ******** up and go away... *sigh* I need Linux

MipsyKitten
UK

"To save the life of the woman Yes
Rape or incest No
Foetal impairment Yes
Economic or social reasons Yes
Available on request No"

*Sigh* Not in rape or incest cases? Shame on you Britain. Shame.

Well, that's not exactly true. If a woman has been raped and she wants an abortion to save her sanity then she can go ahead and get one.  

Shard Aerliss

Lord Setar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:06 pm
Grounds on which abortion is permitted

Rape or incest Yes
Foetal impairment Yes
Available on request Yes

Additional requirements

Given the absence of abortion legislation, abortion is available on request with no stipulations as to who must perform it and where.

o.o So you can obtain an abortion at any time in Canada...wow.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:49 pm
Quote:

Rape or incest Yes
Foetal impairment Yes
Available on request Yes

That's Greece. Thank God, I'm planning on moving there with one of my friends after we get out of High School.  

Sexbomb Hermione

Sexbomb Hermione

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:55 pm
Lebanon

Grounds on which abortion is permitted:

To preserve physical health No
To preserve mental health No
Rape or incest No
Foetal impairment No
Available on request No

Additional requirements:

Before an abortion can be performed to save the life of a woman, it must be certified by two physicians, in addition to the one performing the abortion. The consent of the woman is required before an abortion can be performed, except when her life is in danger and she is unconscious or unable to give the required consent.

One of the only things that I've not liked about the country. That, and how they need to stop that idiotic fighting with Israel.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:02 pm

Rape or incest Yes
Foetal impairment Yes
Available on request Yes

Additional requirements

An abortion requires the consent of the pregnant woman.

Holy s**t. That's CUBA. eek  

Sexbomb Hermione

Lord Setar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:21 pm
foxxy_love_sugar

Rape or incest Yes
Foetal impairment Yes
Available on request Yes

Additional requirements

Are you full of "OMG CUBA ARE COMMUNIST AND EVIL" propaganda? It's not all that bad, I hear it's a good vacation spot.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:42 pm
Lord Setar
foxxy_love_sugar

Rape or incest Yes
Foetal impairment Yes
Available on request Yes

Additional requirements

Are you full of "OMG CUBA ARE COMMUNIST AND EVIL" propaganda? It's not all that bad, I hear it's a good vacation spot.

Yeah I seen that.
the only reason it's "BAD", is because Castro was a communist* and did not want to be a slave boy to the US like a good bit of countires are.

Castro actually did a lot for cuba, sure it might have been communist and what not, but nobody else has done so much for those people, as he has.

*US politicals are still weary of communism or any govt. not like they're own.
especially communism because of the cold war.
they only try to be friendly to china, because china is supposed to be a huge word power in less then 15 years, and could probably take the place of the united states which has sat ontop for so long.

Trite~Elegy

Trite~Elegy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:48 pm
RMarques
Grounds on which abortion is permitted:

Rape or incest Yes
Foetal impairment Yes
Available on request No

Additional requirements:

An abortion must be performed by, or under the direction of, a physician within the first 12 weeks of gestation on the grounds of preserving the woman’s physical or mental health or in the case of rape; or within 16 weeks if there is a risk that the child will be born with an incurable disease or malformation. The existence of these circumstances must be certified in writing by a physician other than the one performing the procedure. This certification must be accompanied by the written consent of the woman requesting the abortion, not less than three days prior to the date of the procedure; women under age 16 must have the consent of the husband, parents or, in their absence, any relative. Abortions must be performed in an official or officially approved health-care establishment.

Damn you Catholic people!!! scream Why did you have to be the majority, WHY?? scream

I guess it's better to have this, huh?

The document
There are an estimated 16,000 illegal abortions each year in Portugal.

stare

ah portugal

my great grandfather was from portugal pirate

anyways...

Find out how many women of child bearing age there are in portugal.
Try the CIA US online factbook.
ages 14 - 40

then do some math and see what percentage of the population of women of child bearing age actually have illegal abortions, also if it's 16k per year, how many years before enough illegal abortions are performed that it outnumbers or equals all of women of child bearing age in portugal.
3 years? 5 years? etc..
that would be quite the intresting fact to give to portuguese politicals whom are agaisnt abortion.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:23 pm
Lord Setar
foxxy_love_sugar

Rape or incest Yes
Foetal impairment Yes
Available on request Yes

Additional requirements

Yea, I kind of am. No one talks about Cuba around here, and my family is filled to the brim with conservatives. I need education. gonk  

Sexbomb Hermione

LadyInWhite

3,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:42 am
adabyron
LadyInWhite
ninja It can't know some people don't have word or some such thing.
I'm not sure I understand you. Of course some people don't have proprietary software that costs money to obtain and may not be useful to them. I'm confused.
I was trying to say that the website itself doesn't know some people don't have word. The people who wrote it should have put the option of what someone wants to open the files in.
adabyron
LadyInWhite
But like Tingilyae said we can copy and paste it for you if you want.
Thanks, but I'm just expressing my disappointment that an organization like the UN can't be bothered to use a more universal format for dispersing information, such as HTML or even PDF.
I was all "HOZSHIT IT'S WORD!" when i clicked on my home country. I thought that was weird.
Well if anyone else needs their countries info we can post it for them.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:26 am
LadyInWhite
adabyron
LadyInWhite
ninja It can't know some people don't have word or some such thing.
I'm not sure I understand you. Of course some people don't have proprietary software that costs money to obtain and may not be useful to them. I'm confused.
I was trying to say that the website itself doesn't know some people don't have word. The people who wrote it should have put the option of what someone wants to open the files in.
I'm more confused. Did I say the website itself knew anything? eek It doesn't really matter. Forget I said anything.  

Prinsesse Maggie

RMarques

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:20 am
Trite~Elegy

ah portugal

my great grandfather was from portugal pirate

anyways...

Find out how many women of child bearing age there are in portugal.
Try the CIA US online factbook.
ages 14 - 40

then do some math and see what percentage of the population of women of child bearing age actually have illegal abortions, also if it's 16k per year, how many years before enough illegal abortions are performed that it outnumbers or equals all of women of child bearing age in portugal.
3 years? 5 years? etc..
that would be quite the intresting fact to give to portuguese politicals whom are agaisnt abortion.

mm thanks. I'll look into that.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:40 am
So i'll put another thread on this in the Library of Logic and if anyone wants me to post specific countries information i'll do it there. Just pm me the country name.

Same goes for links to newer websites with this information.  

LadyInWhite

3,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
Pro-Choice Gaians

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items