+1
View Results

LadyInWhite

3,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:41 pm
Since not everyone in the guild and on Gaia live in the USA I thought people might like to know where they can go find out their home-countrys stance on the Abortion issue. All the profiles are downloadable word-files so you can save em to your computer for easy acess.

Country Profiles

It's a UN-website from 2002 so i don't know how accurate the information is but i'm assuming most countries don't spontaenously change their laws. But if anyone can find a more recent site that lists the legality of abortion in other countries that'd be great.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:48 pm
That is a terrific idea. It also gives me extra material to skim over. mrgreen  

Asexual-Slut~Enya

S. Shark

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:55 pm
Ireland
To save the life of the woman Yes
To preserve physical health No
To preserve mental health No
Rape or incest No
Foetal impairment No
Economic or social reasons No
Available on request No

Damn Ireland. I am ashamed to be named after you! SHAME, SHAME!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:04 pm
sybex Shark
Ireland
Rape or incest No
Foetal impairment No
Available on request No

o.o Your name is Ireland?

I'm glad my country, Austria, said yes to everything. 4laugh  

LadyInWhite

3,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200

Mera Hei

Timid Rogue

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:08 pm
sybex Shark
Ireland
Rape or incest No
Foetal impairment No
Available on request No

And it's so pretty over there, too.. sad  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:46 pm
LadyInWhite
sybex Shark
Ireland
Rape or incest No
Foetal impairment No
Available on request No

o.o Your name is Ireland?

I'm glad my country, Austria, said yes to everything. 4laugh
No, it's Erin, which means Ireland. I dunno what Aaron means. Something dull, like "of the river" or "brave". I don't live there, though. I live in the U.S., where abortion is legal for the time being. =D

SILESIA! That is/was in Austria, right? (Or was it Prussia...) Sorry, but it's just so fun to say. xD

S. Shark

Trite~Elegy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:32 pm
LOL I had to do a sardonic laugh at this, I think it was bangladesh.
or one of those countries near india~
They don't allow abortion on request. but 'Menstraul regulation' is allowed up to 8 weeks and can be in an outpatient medical place. ( a dentist is considred a outpatient place)

LOL next time someone needs an abortion and anti choicers/pro lifers are all "YUR KILLING A BABEII!!1" you could just be all "SHUT UP I'M JUST REGULATING MY MENSTURATION, b***h!"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:18 pm
Well, Thailand....

Yes to everything but fetal impairment and on demand.

Well, that's normal. Can't complain when I see the REST of the countries, coughcough San Marino, I can't complain. rolleyes

BUT COME ON! I love you, TURKEY!

Oh yeah. Japan's abortion limits are EXTREMELY easy to get bye. wink They SAY it, but really, even my little sister could find ways to get around it....

Actually, the first anti-abortion was due to bunch of you-know-whos stomping in and calling us baby-killers.  

The Velveteen Violinist

Akhakhu

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:18 pm
Oooh, this is a very good idea. Could you post it in the Library of Knowledge, please?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:32 am
UK

"To save the life of the woman Yes
To preserve physical health Yes
To preserve mental health Yes
Rape or incest No
Foetal impairment Yes
Economic or social reasons Yes
Available on request No"

*Sigh* Not in rape or incest cases? Shame on you Britain. Shame.

It also says you have to get the go ahead from two (one in emergencies) doctors, before you can get one. This made me remember when I had a pregnancy scare.

Her: "So, if this test comes back positive, what do you want to do?"
Me: "I don't want to keep it."
Her: "Ok! Then I'll write a perscription for *enter pill here*. You'll take it and you'll be fine smile "

Granted she saw my medical records, what with the depression, suicide thoughts etc and she knew I was serious. This was before I even knew the results. If you find a good doctor, who knows their s**t, and actually cares about you, you'll have no problem.  

MipsyKitten
Crew

Tingilyae

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:29 am
Let's see...

Sweden; yes to everything. And abortions are subsidized by the Government.

I do hope it will last. The pro-lifers are slowly starting to get more noisy over here as well.

And it will be really interesting to see the new Government's take on abortion, and especially the financiation of abortions.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:14 am
LadyInWhite
All the profiles are downloadable word-files so you can save em to your computer for easy acess.

Wow. That's just about the most retarded way to share information on the web. Not everyone has or wants Word, and a word processor is extreme overkill for the kind of info they want to get across. Guess I'm out of luck. stressed  

Prinsesse Maggie

Tingilyae

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:24 am
adabyron
LadyInWhite
All the profiles are downloadable word-files so you can save em to your computer for easy acess.

Wow. That's just about the most retarded way to share information on the web. Not everyone has or wants Word, and a word processor is extreme overkill for the kind of info they want to get across. Guess I'm out of luck. stressed

If you want info from a particular country and can't access, I'd be happy to help.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:38 am
Kukushka
Oooh, this is a very good idea. Could you post it in the Library of Knowledge, please?

I shall when i get more links for people.

adabyron

ninja It can't know some people don't have word or some such thing. But like Tingilyae said we can copy and paste it for you if you want.  

LadyInWhite

3,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200

Prinsesse Maggie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:54 am
LadyInWhite
ninja It can't know some people don't have word or some such thing.
I'm not sure I understand you. Of course some people don't have proprietary software that costs money to obtain and may not be useful to them. I'm confused.
LadyInWhite
But like Tingilyae said we can copy and paste it for you if you want.
Thanks, but I'm just expressing my disappointment that an organization like the UN can't be bothered to use a more universal format for dispersing information, such as HTML or even PDF.  
Pro-Choice Gaians

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff