Charmed Comparisons Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

aydin502

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:31 pm
CoonHillda
Is it even wicca that they use? I mean i have watched alot of episodes i used to record them everday so i could watch after school and i never heard a mention of wicca i might have just not been paying attention though.

Anyways well there isnt a whole lot in commen they kinda cast circles some times. But the whole ryming spell thing isnt for real your spells dont nead to ryme, though it is good to have a flow to them. I didnt notice but they probably use the correct herbs in the potions they make for the objective. They have a book of shadows which is just commen to alot of witches not just wiccans but it deals alot with demons i dont think demons even have anything to do with wicca since they are christan based.

Like others have said, they do consider themselves Wiccan, though they are not.

As for the rhyming, no you do not need to rhyme, but I find that it goes smoother if the spells do. Like you said, it gives a good flow. The majority of my spells rhyme.

Now about the correct herbs in the potions. A lot of times they were using the correct ingredients, however not all the time. The majority of ingredients have more then one purpose to them.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm
CoonHillda
Is it even wicca that they use? I mean i have watched alot of episodes i used to record them everday so i could watch after school and i never heard a mention of wicca i might have just not been paying attention though.

Anyways well there isnt a whole lot in commen they kinda cast circles some times. But the whole ryming spell thing isnt for real your spells dont nead to ryme, though it is good to have a flow to them. I didnt notice but they probably use the correct herbs in the potions they make for the objective. They have a book of shadows which is just commen to alot of witches not just wiccans but it deals alot with demons i dont think demons even have anything to do with wicca since they are christan based.

in the early charmed Prue mentions wicca ALOT. the later episodes its not mentioned as much but yes they do mention wicca.

but not much of the stuff they mention or show on charmed is true.  

[Chaotic Dreamer]

Akia-RP

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:54 pm
`Germicide
Starlock
Konomiko92
[snipped for simplicity]
Many teens do go into the religion as a sort of anarchy thing to piss of their parents or their religion.

I actually believe I was Wiccan before I knew it. When I was little I'd always like the elements and whatnot.

It isn't good to get into things just because mommy and daddy split up or your mom decides she needs to keep extra ties on you. Its also an insult to the religious community. Wiccans don't want to be known as the religion full of angry teens. And THATS what gives them a bad name.

The comment that many are Wiccan (or at least Neopagan; not sure one should claim to be Wiccan so much without at least a dedication) before they knew it seems to be pretty common. A lot of us grow up with magical interests only to have them snuffed out by the adult world. That was something I noticed about adults when growing up... they were terribly closed-minded when it came to realms of the imagination and of magic. I never wanted to become like that. Perhaps it was my own "Peter Pan" moment as a kid... (heheh) You can't just wholely ignore your surrounding culture, though, so modern Witches and Neopagans just have to find a balance somewhere between embracing magic and the imagination and having oneself grounded in the 'mundane' world.

Perhaps teens embrace these things not neccesarily because they want to piss off their parents, but out of rebellion against the fact that the adult world tends to slam the doors on magic and imagination? Just an idea. I don't worry to omuch about those who enter into the Craft who do so only as a fad or for less-than-religious reasons. Chances are they'll grow out of it one way or another. 3nodding

True. That reminds me of the whole Catcher in the Rye thing. The whole going into adulthood thing.

I dunno. My mother is a Super Christian and it bothers me alot. But I'm not Wiccan because of that.

I'm Wiccan because of the freedom I get. There are no 10 commandments and "Thou shall not"s There are only guidelines I guess you can call them and warnings.
But its not only Wicca that has that freedom. Paganism, Ive heard, has even more freedom.

The trouble I have is keeping my cool hearing: "Witchcraft is this, witchcraft is that." Its hard not to develop an opinion of Christians ya know?
>< Ive had a bad day so Im not going to be on gaia long, plus I lost my computer ugh >< I'll be back when I can.

I'm not sure what I am.Im christian, but i really do want to believe in the wiccan religon.Maybe it's that i dont want to grow up, but i wouldnt do it to spite my parents.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:18 am
Charmed as lovely of a show as it is...is mostly pure Hollywood glam. There are some similarities to Wicca as mentioned in previous posts such as the use of herbs, casting a circle and keeping a book of shadows. But, the demon part...would be far off, as Wiccan's do not believe in a devil or a hell.  

Wiccan_Scorpio

True Wicca

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces