GOLD!
  polls are a fallacy!
View Results

Doctor_Strange

4,800 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:56 pm
This post is for analasys of your own personal fighting style!
why?, well in my Kuk-Sool-Won class recently we sparred (or rather fought) and were asked to pay attention to and evaluate how we react from person to person.
So here is my evaluation on how i fight based on this exersize and other situations:

I am a mobile fighter, who uses a veriaty of long reaching kicks and punches.I punch hard and quick but my ground based kicking is a little lacking (however I am quite good with jump kicks) I evade when I can and block only when i absolutley have to. when overwhelmed i will do everthing i can to force my opponent off balance (if nothing else will do i will get in and literally shove them back with my shoulder,which when done correctly is unbelievably effective) I keep my movements seeminly random and my attacks fast. my weaknesses however are that when space is limited so are my advantages, when I am forced off balance it takes me a while to start fighting back, and although i am very good at striking I dont wrestle too good.

I am most effective when I can either overpower or out move (and by "out move" i mean attack with greater speed leaving no room for counter attacks) my opponent and have lots of room to work with.. a advantage that I have is that I have somewhat of a reputation for not being effected...I can take most hits like there nothing

so what about you?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:40 pm
I have been in many fights as a kid I am big and my anger gets the better of me sometimes. When I fight I like to get in close and get a hold of my opponent I am not real fast so I don't run from people I have been known to shrug off hits just to get near some one and then with my size and strength I over power them. I have never lost a real fight but that was when I was a kid I had some training in TKD back in the forth grade so that was all the training I had until high school. When I leand some TKD I surprised a lot of people in fights they wernt used to kicks I always used kicks but after I did TKD I got better at it they freaked when my foot would fly past their heads. I normaly kick low and most people don't catch it in time to move when I started Wing Chun I felt like I had found my style at least for the most part. I am a brawler type fighter I use whatever comes to mind in a fight and I normaly go berserk on people. If I get mad in a fight I don't care any more all I want to do is destroy the people in my way it got me into a lot of truble as a kid.

I would say the best thing about me is my ability to push through attacks and keep going. I would also say I intimidate a lot of people when I was in the 5th grade I ended up being viewed as a bad a** and was labeled a psycho. I am good at intimidation I have ended fights before they ever happened just by geting mad. If you scare people they may turn around and walk away to me thats a big part of self defence don't look like a victim. I would say I overpower people which works if your bigger. This is why I train I have size and strength pluss the ability to scare my opponent but technique and skill is needed to fight any one I cant simply run off or over power.

If I get in close to someone there in truble I can take punishment you can do little to me that hasn't been done before by my two older brothers, a 4 wheeler crash and stupid things I did as a kid.  

Wolf Nightshade
Vice Captain

dee zaku ii

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:10 pm
i was always taught by my father when in a bad situation talk your way out or run.
i will try talk my way out but, well i'm scottish. i'll talk while standing still and even if i'm attacked i won't step back.

i'm average height, slightly over weight but still pretty fit.
i was a tough kid, always trying to show off strength, so i learned how to ignore pain, ake punches and stand all.
when sparring in freestlye karate i was always told to move around, but it never felt natural.
here there is always a threat of knifes or other weapons so its a bad idea to stay and fight... but i'll never let someone try and beat me up.

so i guess my style is, stand outside opponents reach till i know he's weapon free then go forward or stand still.

side story: when i was younger 10-13 i was attacked by 7 guys must have been late teens early 20's who wanted money. they punched me and stabbed me with thier keys. (quite stupidly) i just stood shielding my face, after a sec or so they stopped and they appologised commenting on my toughness.
as i walked away head held high body in pain, i held my pocket so that the coins in my pocket didnt jangle. i was beat up for £4...  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:30 pm
my style..
hmm..
I'm a dirty fighter and a tactician.. i use soroundings as my weapon. (when i was a kid when a group of 3 mob me) the one grabs me in rthe neck then i grab the other head of my enemy then i keep bumping he's head in the wall..hahah!) I'm an all out fighter who has a great endurance and stamin i can take blows and long fights.

Last week i had a fight with 2 guys. i fake a side kick hen give them a non-telegraphic fan hook which he rspond in my first kick. that gives him a sting in the side of he's eyes than a side kick in the face of the other one. then i intimidate them... haha!  

Arunath

Whistracken

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:32 am
I take many different approaches to a fight. Im 190cm tall so i sometimes like to front kick my opponent because they are not in there range, i extend from my hip and lean back for that extra reach. Up close i like to use knees with clinches (if i need to) and elbows. I tend to flick my elbows and my sensei said i can acctually cut someone with the tips of my bone. I can wear quite a few hits to the body, my leg checks are always strong but i am not real good with receiving kicks to the head (i dont think anyone is)  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:42 pm
i've joined tkd to figure out my style. before it i would always try and avoid a fight but if i did manage to get into one i would probably b angry and wind up bull rushin and end up gettin side stepped and lookin like an idiot. i need to learn to focus my anger and not let it control me  

Krad Elyk

Wolf Nightshade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:00 pm
When I was growing up all I knew was from actualy fighting and I had two older brothers so I was used to being smaller than others and dealing with two on one fights kids my size where nothing to me. I took shots like they were simple slaps I went berserk and rarly was taken by surprise it only happened a few times when I was not wanting to fight but realy I was never beaten in a fight. I took on kids older than me and thats where I earned my rep in school for being someone you didn't want to mess with. I was later called psycho by every one it started to become a bad deal for me people started to not want to be around me rumores spread and then I was left with few friends on the up side I could trusat those few friends I had. By the time I was in 6th grade I didn't need to fight I didn't care if people talked crap to me they were weak cowards not worth the efort my reputation alone kept people from trying any thing the only time I watched my back was when I was dealing with a group thats the only time people get dumb they start thinking there tough s**t and want to show off for their friends so one goes in then others join you can't show fear and you must be brutal fear will keep them back more than any thing elss you drop one fast and hard and most will walk away. I hate those guys who get in your face and yell at you then try to play the shoving game they look at you like what the hell did you do that for when you take them out when they firs start to yell at you to me thats as much a threat as I need.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:31 pm
I do not believe in a certain stlye. As a human being we only have two arms and to legs. When we have more, then we will develope a different style. But the key is to use your body to the extreme.

I have learned this through my inspiration, Bruce Lee.  

Kitsune_Moon230

Doctor_Strange

4,800 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:01 pm
Kitsune_Moon230
I do not believe in a certain stlye. As a human being we only have two arms and to legs. When we have more, then we will develope a different style. But the key is to use your body to the extreme.

Well when i say "Personal style" i mean how You react in a combat situation. what are your streingths & weaknesses. and anything else you note about yourself. through analyzing this you can learn exactly what you need to work on to improve yorself  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:31 pm
Doctor_Strange
Kitsune_Moon230

Well when i say "Personal style" i mean how You react in a combat situation. what are your streingths & weaknesses. and anything else you note about yourself. through analyzing this you can learn exactly what you need to work on to improve yorself

Oh, I get what your saying. My Style, In a battle, first I try to avoid fighting and begin to walk away. Walking away usually gets the opponent heated up, and when the charge, then I react. I fight with instinct and energy. Keeping my head is a main goal I always have when fighting though. I also try to be as unpredicatable as I can. Using fakes, back kicks, side kicks, and different combinations are things I use often. So converting all my energy and emotion into my body is my personal stlye I suppose.  

Kitsune_Moon230

Bruce Lee52

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:36 pm
Kitsune_Moon230

I sort of agree because I never stay at one style long unless it really works for me, but right now I have gotten used to getting in and out fast. Especially with my legs because they are my best strength.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:02 pm
Well since I first posted My stance since then has become lower and more agressive. I still favor my fists but my kicks have become more effective
now i just need to work on my blocking abilities  

Doctor_Strange

4,800 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Keyboard Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:14 pm
My personal style consists of qi blasts, mind melds, and vulcan death squeezes. I can honestly say that I'm the most bad a** fighter in the galaxy.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:33 pm
I do not like to share me secrets... ninja  

Shin2

Miyavi San

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:22 pm
My style huh?

its multistylizm I call it : D
but I only know little but I fought alot of people before

anyway, I learned my balance from Kung fu, helps the arms and legs and so. Also some other stuff.
Karate&kungfu=power and usually attacks with my arms and hands.
Tae kwon do&Mui Thai=the main source of my kicks. It varies from high mid and low kicks. Depending although.
CQC&Judo=very close, grabbles and throws.

Basically, I go to my basic stance (maybe its the Karate one, sometimes the tae kwon do stance if I feel like it) and fight like I usually do, but sometimes I change from karate to tae kwon do or instantly CQC, then back to karate then tae kwon do, mixing alot of kicks, punches, throws and parries. I made it very hard to predict.  
The United Martial Artists Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff