Welcome to Gaia! ::

Black Company: The 10 Year Old Guild - CLOSED

Back to Guilds

Thanks for all the memories, everyone. 

Tags: Role Playing, Mercenary, Technomancy, Magic, We are the champions, deal with it 

Reply Black Company
The future of the guild - work in progress [See page 4] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Twilight Justice
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:59 pm
Title is pretty self explanatory, but this is the thread where I'm going to be posting up the major upcoming changes to the BC.

Let's face it; as of the moment, this guild is nothing more than a dump of multiple plot lines all passively trying to be the best plot while really not being very guild wide. The citadel is too exclusive and moves at the same rate a tree grows, the bastion has done very little, the mansion is making no progress towards the dojo being rebuilt, Gabriel has done almost nothing at all in his time, and then there're all the little side RPs that really have nothing to do with the guild at all and aren't even worth mentioning. On top of all that, the OOC has become a pit of insults and basically a replacement for people's live journals.

Now that Absit Invidia has finally given you all a reason to stop whining and go do what the hell you please, it's time to see who's actually doing anything in this guild and make it more interesting.

Events currently in plan

More expansive backstory: The 'Black Company History' segment of the front page last contained basically what was a very narrow and general synopsis of what the story of the original Black Company books was and connected it to the guild: I came up with it and it was boring as @#$%. I'm presently working on another backstory which will be much more relative to future guild plots.

Simplified Battle System: Just over a year ago I believe, people were complaining left and right about people abusing powers. So after weeks of thought, procrastination, effort, and figuring out how the hell to make a rainbow colored chart, I came up with a system to stop once and for all the power abuse that was happening........... and the guild was either too dumb, too lazy, too impartial, or too stingy to really get into it at all; seriously, the only people to put up battle profiles are people who aren't even active. So instead, I want to make a simplified system which, instead of really saying how power is allocated and what you've got hidden up your sleeves, will basically say who's got what chance of getting his/her a** handed to him/her. Put bluntly, it will be a more of an RPG game type battle system where the real targets will require more than your sword glowing brighter than everyone elses and will make it so that, no matter how ingenius your strategy is, you'll have to interact with other people and learn more to actually get anywhere. And no...... no you won't really have to do anything like set up a battle profile..... so all of you lazy people can recline in your chair again.

Time Jump: The entire guild timeline will likely be undergoing a universal time skip to speed things up. All the events planning to be held in the guild require IC time to set up, and all of the plots that are currently running also seem to be doing nothing but biding time, mine included. Worse yet, nearly everyone seems to be running on a different time scale, so the time in each thread differs from the next. The time skip will basically 'realign' all of the time lines so everyone is at the same point, so this 'time skip' will leap forward a different amount of time for each plot so they're all equal.

The "Break the World" incident: This is the main event in the guild that will centralize everything, and it will become the main plot starter for the entire guild. There will be things to accomplish, and hopefully you can all fit your individual storylines in conjunction with moving through this one. I've heard the argument that the diverse storylines are what make this guild great, but empirically this isn't true, so we're going to return to the guild's golden days by coming up with centralized objectives. The main difference is that you will not necessarily be on the side of the Black Company. To preserve some interest, I won't spoil what I already have to say about this event and will for now leave it at the fact that it's the central part that I hope will reunify the guild.

Those are the ideas I have thus far, and I'm still developing them while looking for more insight. So here it is, the place where you can say what you can and can't contribute to this new movement in the IC world of BC. Everyone seems to have a lot of motivation to make the guild better, but few have gone beyond simply attacking what I have, and haven't, done. This is not the place to attack me, Nana, or anyone else because you had a piss-tastic day; that's what the OOC and AI are for.

As said, I'm still working on this and will take input on what's already up there. I will add more info as I think of it, as it's brought up, and as it's necessary to know.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:05 am
Right, and also you can post what you want here, but it's more effective to catch me on an instant messenger.

From experience, it seems people have a lot better time getting along with me on MSNM or AIM, so please try those instead. No, I'm not the self-righteous-ignorant-a*****e-b*****d-son-of-a-b***h-moron-idiot-clueless-p***k-insensitive-careless person most people seem to think of me as nowadays. If you can be amiable with me, I will be amiable with you, simple as that. I want to see this guild return to life and I'm not able to do it without the members.  

Twilight Justice
Captain

Truinthil

Dapper Genius

1,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:39 am
I've been saying that while diversity is good, its not what used to make this place great. All over you see random guilds with no real plot, but instead hundreds of different personalized ones that arent even in the same world half the time.

Back in the old days, there were main plots that people could choose to participate in. I'm all for that kind of thing again. Not to mention I have enough avatars in here to play every side of the thing! w00t!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:52 am
"the bastion has done s**t's worth"
stare
stare
stare
stare
...sorry for being away, gods. I feel pretty insulted considering Hathus has been one of the most succesful rps in months. So you know what, I'll once again become a sheep, if I even bother posting here. Since all my creative efforts are worth s**t to the leader.  

kaiori

Kuro Okami

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:22 am
Truinthil
I've been saying that while diversity is good, its not what used to make this place great. All over you see random guilds with no real plot, but instead hundreds of different personalized ones that arent even in the same world half the time.

Back in the old days, there were main plots that people could choose to participate in. I'm all for that kind of thing again. Not to mention I have enough avatars in here to play every side of the thing! w00t!

I like this idea. ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:25 pm
kaiori
"the bastion has done s**t's worth"
stare
stare
stare
stare
...sorry for being away, gods. I feel pretty insulted considering Hathus has been one of the most succesful rps in months. So you know what, I'll once again become a sheep, if I even bother posting here. Since all my creative efforts are worth s**t to the leader.

I apologize for the language; the point wasn't to make out that the bastion hasn't really started any of the things it seemed to want to IC. Don't feel singled out, please; all of the places I mentioned are in the same condition. For all intents and purposes the citadel's done even less than the bastion, except serve as KB's main source of entertainment.

You're right; I probably shouldn't have worded it that way, because it wasn't meant to be a personal attack against you, your ideas, or your creativity. You're also right in saying that the Hathus RP you designed was one of the most enjoyable that this guild has ever experienced. Your input on future plots could be some of the most valuable because of your success at making several.

I apologize wholly for your being insulted on a count of what my post said, and hope you'll continue to express your feelings and ideas.  

Thanatos_M

Thanatos_M

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:26 pm
Kuro Okami
Truinthil

I like this idea. ninja

Pretty much the theme behind the 'Break the World' incident and its following plotlines 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:35 pm
I remember talk of the Rose Swords, from the old guild. That was one of the main things going on back then, where plot was concerned yes? Nine swords or so that everyone had to find for what ever pourpose they held. Since I haven't had a chance to speak with you yet on IM, I assume there will be a few things like this in the works, that will need pull from several members to keep them interested and engaged?

I remember a few other things you had in mind, similar to the rose swords, which would require a lot of members interacting. Will you continue on with that potential plot or is it shelved for now?  

Nana_Wing
Vice Captain

Thanatos_M

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:01 pm
Nana_Wing
I remember talk of the Rose Swords, from the old guild. That was one of the main things going on back then, where plot was concerned yes? Nine swords or so that everyone had to find for what ever pourpose they held. Since I haven't had a chance to speak with you yet on IM, I assume there will be a few things like this in the works, that will need pull from several members to keep them interested and engaged?

I remember a few other things you had in mind, similar to the rose swords, which would require a lot of members interacting. Will you continue on with that potential plot or is it shelved for now?

I'd rather not return to the rose swords plot; it was 9's original idea and it ended on a very good note. I don't want to exume any old plots from the grave.

There may be a few things to find, but the reason for going forward will more be to acquire knowledge and uncover mysteries that will result from the new guild plot. Either way, the acquisitions made will not empower characters anymore than the knowledge will. The only people with extremem power will be the servants to the new central villain and all of the other players will have about the same powers, though not equal. The non-villain characters will be in factions like the citadel, BC, Bastion, and whatever else.

And just in case anyone's wondering, no; the central plot villain will not be Mastema.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:25 pm
time for an update,

In the process of this new plot, the guild will have two main divisions: The villain and everyone else. The latter of the two will be further divided into regional factions.

The current list of regional factions is as follows.

The Black company
Draeken
Phia
Aria
Aethi
Sigmund
Zelyhon
Focht
Zero
Truinthil

Mastema's Citadel
Mastema
Nana (& kids)
Slayer
Sho
Zeno
Omega
Proto
Tyr
Demir
??? (the weird shadow creature thing)
Orias

Dom's Bastion
Dom
Lily
Kai
Kevran
Demir's alternate (Sorry, forgot his name sweatdrop )
Leviathan

KB's Army
KB + army

Undeclared
Xol
Kuro
Kobei
Sai
Cole
Thanatos
Truinthil (clone)
Atha
Sorilea
Chronic
Griffin and Bell
Noxvayon
Yotsy
Nanashi Rose

Those are all the characters I can think of right now and how they're divided in the main factions. I'd appreciate feedback on this setup and anything else you have to say. If you think they should be rearranged, do say so 3nodding  

Thanatos_M

Twilight Justice
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:13 pm
sweatdrop sweatdrop gonk

Come on people~

You weren't afraid to hold back commentaries and suggestions when I wasn't doing anything, so I know you must have something to say when I AM doing something~

On that note, this new plot would likely need to have several new threads made for various parts of it. Though it isn't really a problem right now, the addition of new threads will likely make Kuro's original complaint that there are too many threads on the first page that much more valid.

So if anyone has a thread you don't think you need anymore, please say so so we can clear space. Other inactive threads will likely be locked so they fall to the bottom and stay out of the way of other threads that are active.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:22 pm
That being said about locking threads, if you need access to one of them please contact myself or Twi to unlock it, so that it may be used again. I know some threads aren't used while the RPer's character(s) are elsewhere for several days, weeks or months at a time in some cases. However once they're freed up from those plots they want access to their stuff right away! So if something is locked and you're going to start posting there, nab one of us. 3nodding  

Nana_Wing
Vice Captain

Sorilea

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:14 pm
The factions.

Of course, I Sorilea, if I choose to play a part in all of this, will either play every side is possible, or pick and choose as I please. Or I might just sit out. I'm undecided as of yet.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:18 pm
The original Truinthil will be with the Black Company. Remember, he is good now. The clone, however, is on a side completely of his own and will likely take no side other than with the voices in his head. Any wishing to help him will likely merely be assimilated. Any other of my avatars may or may not come into play, but I'm sure it will be clear as to what sides they will take, given their usual stand on things.  

Truinthil

Dapper Genius

1,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Thanatos_M

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:23 pm
Truinthil
The original Truinthil will be with the Black Company. Remember, he is good now. The clone, however, is on a side completely of his own and will likely take no side other than with the voices in his head. Any wishing to help him will likely merely be assimilated. Any other of my avatars may or may not come into play, but I'm sure it will be clear as to what sides they will take, given their usual stand on things.

Gah. Knew I forgot a few things. Gotcha. I'll edit to account for T and the clone.  
Black Company

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff