Reply Pro-Choice Gaians
This makes me really, really sad. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PhaedraMcSpiffy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:57 am
Thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for! How did you find it from their homepage?

(Gah, that still doesn't have ALL the statistics I wanted. Look through the Library of Logic. Although this girl probably won't listen and will claim that these doctors only say this because they profit off abortion. rolleyes She seems to be the type that's like talking to a brick wall.)  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:59 am
PhaedraMcSpiffy
Thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for! How did you find it from their homepage?

(Gah, that still doesn't have ALL the statistics I wanted. Look through the Library of Logic. Although this girl probably won't listen and will claim that these doctors only say this because they profit off abortion. rolleyes She seems to be the type that's like talking to a brick wall.)

The left side of the homepage will have a bunch of links. If you go to "Resources" and then "Abortion," you'll find plenty of data about the U.S and other countries in the world.  

Tragic Christmas
Vice Captain

The Velveteen Violinist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:16 pm
crying

le Chat is sad now.

Well, of course abortionists profit off abortion! Surgeons profit off surgery too! BAN IT ALL! scream  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:45 pm
I'll take a whack at it, if you don't mind. Oh, and I know it is a pain, but would you consider using a darker font? I have fairly lackluster vision -- I could barely make out the lettering until I directly quoted it.

Quote:

I am Pro-Life, so yah. I am going to call every one who supports abortion a baby killer.

Feel free to do so -- that does not make you correct, even in the slightest. Many pro-choice advocates are, on a personal level, pro-life -- they personally despise the thought of abortion and would never obtain one; however, they feel no desire to restrict the rights of others.

Furthermore, I despise your use of the term "baby" in this particular context. Quite clearly, you aim to encite emotional responses by envoking images of giggling toddlers being brutally throttled by groups of "butch lesbians." It is an appeal to pity -- not a highly effective debating tactic.

Quote:

So if you have any flack with that, you can tell me, but I won't listen.

*Giggle* How cute. Please, do tell me that you will plug your ears and stamp your feet at the same time, won't you? I would love to see this, personally.

Quote:

'Abortion is just WRONG!

I am enclined to disagree with those sentiments -- most vehemently, I might add.

I find that the greater "wrong" is the systematic stripping of basic human rights that pro-life advocates so desperately fight for. The right to bodily integrity/autonomy/domain is, and should continue to be, a universal right afforded to everyone.

Quote:

You are killing another life.

Which role would you rather cast? The pot or the kettle? I suppose it doesn't really matter, for they are both black.

Let us take a brief moment to partake in a little excercise. Breathe in.... Now, breathe out. Take note that, in that very moment, you have extinguished thousands of lives -- bacteria and other microbes -- unwittingly at the hands of your immune system.

Not drastic enough? How is it that you are alive today if you have not eaten anything at all? Your decision to continue eating has resulted in the death of numerous plants and animals -- most of which are far more developed than any first-trimester fetus.

Quote:

You have no idea who that baby was going to be at all.

Nor do you.

Quote:

There are other solutions to abortion like adoption. For every 1 child that was aborted, 10 families would have willingly adopted that child.

The adoption option, aside from the fact that it is chaulk full of ills -- discrimination due to age, race, physical ability, and mentaly capacity, for instance -- does nothing to prevent an unwanted childbirth from occuring.

Oh, and by the way, I would like to see a source for your statistics -- preferably, the source should be reputable.

Quote:

Many people want abortion to be legal for women who have been raped, but statistics show that only 2% of women who are raped get pregnant.

According to the CDC, that amounts to, roughly, 32,000 pregnancies. Doesn't sound so small anymore, does it?

I don't particularly like the tone of your comment either -- it implies that you do not care about such women, and you consider them to be necessary casualties in the war on abortion.

Quote:

A number of people disagree with abortion for rape victims because they say why kill the child for what the father has done.

Abortion is not a procedure designed to punish the fetus -- it is a procedure designed to liberate a pregnant woman from her current state of being and to reclaim her right to bodily integrity/autonomy/domain.

Quote:

Why not give the child up for adoption?

Don't make me pull out the expansive listing we have acquired.

Quote:

The young women who become pregnant in their teens say they are to young to raise a child.

If that is how they feel, then I am enclined to agree with them.

Quote:

So, they go to a Planned Parent Clinic and have an abortion performed. There are other alternatives to abortion.

With the exception of childbirth, no, there isn't.

Quote:

A teen mother can giver her child up for adoption.

Again, this does nothing to prevent an unwanted pregnancy from being brought to term -- the adoption option is not a suitable alternative.

Quote:

For every child that has been aborted, ten families would have gladly adopted that child. Those who choose the choice of abortion may get Post-Abortion Syndrome. Many people who suffer from PTSD cannot get back to their regular lives. The women who suffer from PAS show these side affects; depression and thoughts of suicide, sad mood swings, sudden and uncontrollable crying, development of eating disorders, alcohol and drug abuse, and Brief Reactive Psychosis, which is an episode of drastically distorted reality within two weeks of the abortion.

The legitimacy of the existence of PAS is questionable at best.

Yes, a woman may feel a twinge of sorrow after obtaining an abortion -- more likely than not, such women were coerced into having one against their will to begin with, which is not pro-choice -- however, most women report feeling a sense of freedom and relief.

Furthermore, if you are going to argue that abortion should be illegalized due to the dubious nature of PAS, would it not also stand to say that childbirth should be illegalized as well, due to the very real threat of postpartum depression?

Quote:

They also say that the fetus or the embryo does not feel pain. Doctors say that in the first month, the baby does feel pain.

The American College of Obstetrics/Gynecology -- arguably the most reputable source on women's reproduction -- released a statement that says otherwise.

The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists

Statement on Pain of the Fetus
We know of no legitimate scientific information that supports the statement that a fetus experiences pain early in pregnancy.
We do know that the cerebellum attains its final configuration in the seventh month and that mylenization (or covering) of the spinal cord and the brain begins between the 20th and 40th weeks of pregnancy. These, as well as other neurological developments, would have to be in place for the fetus to receive pain.
To feel pain, a fetus needs neurotransmitted hormones. In animals, these complex chemicals develop in the last third of gestation. We know of no evidence that humans are different.

I trust this particular source more than your lone "Doctors."

Quote:

Ok another thing, why are young girls having pre-marital sex?

It is entirely normal to be driven to partake in such behavior.

Quote:

Why not save yourself for the right guy and avoid getting pregnant and all of the STDs that you might get when have sex.

Marriage does not eliminate the risk of catching STI's or facing an unwanted pregnancy.

Quote:

Why are girls haveing sex when they aren't even ready to have a child?

I defy you to tell this to any sexually active childfree couple who will never desire children.

Quote:

Think about it. Why are people so ready to give themselves up to their boyfriend or girlfriend?

Sex is a pair-bonding ritual, fostering lasting relationships, friendships, and familial ties. Sex isn't just for procreation.  

Asexual-Slut~Enya

October Cross

Fluffy Conventioneer

5,300 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:16 pm
nobhdy

Please don't make yourself out to be more reasonable than someone who claims that the best way not to get pregnant or aquire STD's is to not have sex. You simply cannot make any more sense than that.

Nowhere in my post did I mention that abstinence is not a way to avoid pregnancy or stds. Since sex is the only thing that leads to pregnancy (with the exception of artificial insemination) I can't even comprehend denying that. Nor do I deny that it greatly increases the protection against stds. Come to think of it, I didn't even mention abstinence.

What I am saying is that "waiting for the right guy" doesn't auto-protect you from stds or pregnancy or automatically make you emotionally, physically, and financially stable enough to bear a child. The "right guy" could be a someone who had sex and still claims to be a virgin but carries an std unknowingly. The "right guy" could turn around and divorce you for some woman he met in a bar.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:02 pm
Makes me want to get a sniper rifle, learn how to use it, and then shoot every idiot like thath that I know. (Idiot as in people who are contradicted and then still deny everything because "They are always right.")  

KoopaTroopa18

Dapper Gekko

5,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Pro-Choice Gaians

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers