Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord Setar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:29 pm
~Demon Avatar 69~
Lord Setar
~Demon Avatar 69~
Dam thats alot of writing. Well I cant stand abortion at all. The only time I think its ok is if the woman life is in danger... Or the baby is already dead. Now if she cant keep her legs shut and get pregnant she should keep it in rememborance of being stupid(1). If she was raped she should keep it, because it isnt the babys fault that it was born(2). Dont give up on a life just cause your too lazy to take care of another living being(3).

1. So children are now punishments? What about protection failure?

2. Whoa. Back up. Back way up. Abortion isn't performed post birth. The fetus is still in the womb, it has yet to be born. It's post-conception though.

Now, rape is a very traumatic experience. I have personally known two rape victims - one almost committed suicide as a result of rape trauma. What do you think would happen if the victim were forced to keep the fetus, being reminded of her being raped, and then after birth, having to remember the rape every time she looked at the kid? I'd say the depression would drive the woman to suicide.

3. Too lazy? Gee, I didn't know that childcare was free, as was prenatal care and giving birth.

First off, 54% of women who had abortions used some sort of contraceptive. That there is pretty well saying "I don't want a kid."

Second, everything costs money. Teens, people who are barely getting by, and peopel who are in university will most likely not be able to provide money for prenatal care, giving birth - $2500-3000 depending on where you live, more if complications arise - and childcare - upwards of $200,000 over 18 years. Being lazy isn't a part of it. There are people morally opposed to giving birth. There are people who want a kid but know that they can't possibly care for one at that point in their life.

Babys dont need much money when young... When they get older yes, but still. You should abort your baby just cause you dont want it. And itll cost money to abort it anyways. The baby aint punishment. Its a way of to remember that you should keep yourself undercontrol...

Nice rewording...still sounds like punishment =/  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:26 pm
nobhdy
I agree with you guys on this one. If they really want to make things better(which I am not so sure they do), they would work to try and alleviate some of the factors that cause people to get abortions.

Cutting down the number of abortions by helping people seems to make sense to me. But, they'd rather make it illegal entirely and force people to have dangerous, illegal procedures.

Drug laws don't stop people from doing drugs, anti-abortion laws won't stop people from having abortions. It'll just make it more dangerous for the women.

Precisely.

Lord Setar
~Demon Avatar 69~
Lord Setar
~Demon Avatar 69~
Dam thats alot of writing. Well I cant stand abortion at all. The only time I think its ok is if the woman life is in danger... Or the baby is already dead. Now if she cant keep her legs shut and get pregnant she should keep it in rememborance of being stupid(1). If she was raped she should keep it, because it isnt the babys fault that it was born(2). Dont give up on a life just cause your too lazy to take care of another living being(3).

1. So children are now punishments? What about protection failure?

2. Whoa. Back up. Back way up. Abortion isn't performed post birth. The fetus is still in the womb, it has yet to be born. It's post-conception though.

Now, rape is a very traumatic experience. I have personally known two rape victims - one almost committed suicide as a result of rape trauma. What do you think would happen if the victim were forced to keep the fetus, being reminded of her being raped, and then after birth, having to remember the rape every time she looked at the kid? I'd say the depression would drive the woman to suicide.

3. Too lazy? Gee, I didn't know that childcare was free, as was prenatal care and giving birth.

First off, 54% of women who had abortions used some sort of contraceptive. That there is pretty well saying "I don't want a kid."

Second, everything costs money. Teens, people who are barely getting by, and peopel who are in university will most likely not be able to provide money for prenatal care, giving birth - $2500-3000 depending on where you live, more if complications arise - and childcare - upwards of $200,000 over 18 years. Being lazy isn't a part of it. There are people morally opposed to giving birth. There are people who want a kid but know that they can't possibly care for one at that point in their life.

Babys dont need much money when young... When they get older yes, but still. You should abort your baby just cause you dont want it. And itll cost money to abort it anyways. The baby aint punishment. Its a way of to remember that you should keep yourself undercontrol...

Nice rewording...still sounds like punishment =/

Typically a negative sanction intended to teach someone a lesson or coerce them to conform to a law is considered a punishment.

(Also: There's a big difference between $500-700 for an abortion once and the THOUSANDS of dollars spent per year raising a child.)  

PhaedraMcSpiffy

Half Baked SF

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:03 am
Quote:
I'll have to pull up my stats on the costs of both when I'm at my home computer this afternoon, but I know he's incorrect.

I will say this: If I had a son who did something stiupid to break his wrist, and I refused to take him to the hospital to be treated and instead tell him that he took the risk, should deal with the consequences, and he should keep his actions under control, am I not punishing him?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:07 pm
Not only are you punishing him, you are abusing him by denying him access to professional medical care!  

PhaedraMcSpiffy

Half Baked SF

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:54 pm
Aw, damn. I lost all of my cost info when my computer was reformatted.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:46 am
Toga! Toga!
Quote:
I'll have to pull up my stats on the costs of both when I'm at my home computer this afternoon, but I know he's incorrect.

I will say this: If I had a son who did something stiupid to break his wrist, and I refused to take him to the hospital to be treated and instead tell him that he took the risk, should deal with the consequences, and he should keep his actions under control, am I not punishing him?

Ah. Now here is an irony. That is what most people would call "bad parenting," even though it as analogous to forcing people not to have abortions.

Perhaps not allowing us to have abortions would be "bad parenting" on the part of the Government.  

nobhdy

Half Baked SF

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:55 am
nobhdy
Toga! Toga!
Quote:

Ah. Now here is an irony. That is what most people would call "bad parenting," even though it as analogous to forcing people not to have abortions.

Perhaps not allowing us to have abortions would be "bad parenting" on the part of the Government.
Somehow, "We are ALL Bush's children," came to mind, which is a scary thought. eek  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:25 pm
nobhdy
Toga! Toga!
Quote:

I agree. Although what Toga just said creeps me out, too, and I hate the thought of the government being my parent....

It sort of is. The purpose of government is to take care of its people. Not rule them totally, but help them out and protect society from those individuals that cause harm to it. And abortion, sexual freedom and gay rights do NOT harm society.  

PhaedraMcSpiffy

Pro-Choice Gaians

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces