Reply Pro-Choice Gaians
You failed that responsibility, so here's a bigger one! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Half Baked SF

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:11 pm
I never understood pro-life parents, especially the mothers. They have a child, (hopefully) love children, and (hopefully) realize that children are such a big responsibility, yet they want to force parenthood on the people that they consider IRresponsible? Seems they don't value THOSE children.

The mothers I understand even less, as they're the ones who went through with the pregnancy which is required by "pro-life law."

Speaking of the responsibility confusion, I don't understand the whole "you were irresponsible with your sex life, so you I'm forcing you to deal with an even bigger responsibility!" POV. It makes NO sense whatsoever. Think about it: If you were a fancy chef and had an apprentice that couldn't even boil water, would you send her off to the kitchen to make lasagna? I don't think so.

"But a child is worth more than lasagna!" So why is it suddenly okay to force children on the unprepared?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:45 pm
Because God said so. DUH!

WTF do you mean "biblical quotes"? It's in the Bible. Just trust me. My pastor told me so.  

Akhakhu

Sypherengel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:09 pm
As much as I agree with you, it's generally not a point of view of "You were irresponsible, so have a kid."
It's more of "Killing a child is wrong, so you have to take it anyway."

Either way, it's completely ridiculous, but what can we do? Argue?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:35 pm
It's like making someone who forgot to water their plant adopt a stray cat.  

PersephoneMediocris

The Velveteen Violinist

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:20 pm
Aye... OH NOES POOR KITTY! gonk

Eeeek, no, I wouldn't even LET them go NEAR my kitchen. No, no, no....

Well, they're saying, "PUT IT UP FOR ADOPTION!!!!11"

Hey, we're seeing a bit of MORE PEOPLE THE BETTER here?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:55 pm
..Le Chat du Noir..

Be fruitful and...crap, I forget the rest.  

Lord Setar

The Velveteen Violinist

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:59 pm
Lord Setar
..Le Chat du Noir..

By FRUITFUL and MULTIPLY. Plenish the earth and the rest of the stuff I forgot too. sweatdrop

Sooo.... A holy creature of God would be a combination between an apple tree (fruitful) and a calculator? (Not only does it MULTIPLY, it adds, subtracts, divides, and does LOG!)

Haha, I know, lame joke, sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:18 pm
I know, it really doesn't make any sense! It's like saying "your goldfish starved to death, here's a puppy."  

Freedom Fire

zawazawaii

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:57 pm
I was just thinking about that today.

Even more so when they see it as a punishment.

You cannot SERIOUSLY tell me that those types could go to a baby shower and say 'OH, WHAT A JOYOUS OCCAISION! WHAT A BEAUTIFUL GIFT FROM GOD~ crying heart ',

But at the same time, look down on a teenage mom/mom to be, saying such idiotic things as 'You had sex, you deserve to have a baby! This is your punishment! Yeah, I bet you wish you hadn't whored yourself out to your boyfriend NOW!'

rolleyes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:32 am
Lord Setar
..Le Chat du Noir..

Be fruitful and...do long division or something!

[/brucealmightyreference]  

Half Baked SF

Half Baked SF

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:33 am
Sypherengel
As much as I agree with you, it's generally not a point of view of "You were irresponsible, so have a kid."
It's more of "Killing a child is wrong, so you have to take it anyway."

Either way, it's completely ridiculous, but what can we do? Argue?
It's not an exact quote, that's just what I infer from the logic of many recent and not-so-recent lifers. They call such a sex life irresponsible as well as tell these women to "do the responsible thing and have the baby."  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:08 am
That's probably the stupidest way to go about things. It's completely awful to force a child into a world the parents can't provide for it in whether it's financially or emotionally. Life isn't easy, especially when it begins in horrible circumstances.  

ChemicalSoiree

nobhdy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:09 pm
I agree with you guys on this one. If they really want to make things better(which I am not so sure they do), they would work to try and alleviate some of the factors that cause people to get abortions.

Cutting down the number of abortions by helping people seems to make sense to me. But, they'd rather make it illegal entirely and force people to have dangerous, illegal procedures.

Drug laws don't stop people from doing drugs, anti-abortion laws won't stop people from having abortions. It'll just make it more dangerous for the women.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:52 pm
nobhdy
I agree with you guys on this one. If they really want to make things better(which I am not so sure they do), they would work to try and alleviate some of the factors that cause people to get abortions.

Cutting down the number of abortions by helping people seems to make sense to me. But, they'd rather make it illegal entirely and force people to have dangerous, illegal procedures.

Drug laws don't stop people from doing drugs, anti-abortion laws won't stop people from having abortions. It'll just make it more dangerous for the women.

And yet there's all this anti-contraception stuff...we're going backwards here -.-  

Lord Setar

KoopaTroopa18

Dapper Gekko

5,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:00 pm
this reminds me of some of the stupid excuses that my friend's dad sees (since he is a type of doctor) of stupid teenagers who get pregnant and don't know why.

We only had it once.
We were standing up!

and others.  
Pro-Choice Gaians

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out