Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 30: The S.S. More Powerful than Superman, Batman, Spiderman, and the Incredible Hulk Put Together
X-Men Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favorite X-Man/woman?
  Cyclops
  Gambit
  Jean Grey
  Magneto
  Mystique
  Nightcrawler
  Storm
  Rogue
  Other (explain in post)
View Results

Ms_Briefs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:07 am
In honor of the last movie of the trilogy coming out today, I thought I'd make a post on one of the greatest superheroes of all time. In fact, let's discuss the movie.

Did anybody else get agitated that Rogue lost her powers at the end, as well as the others? I mean "X-Men: United" was a damn good ending to the trilogy (most final chapters aren't, with some exceptions). But I feel sort of gyped. Where was Gambit? Why was there a love triangle-ish thing between Iceman, Shadowcat, and Rogue? Why did they give Cyclops a shitty demise? And what the hell was up with leaving us hanging at the FULL ending, where... well, you know, the thing with Xavier ( I think I spoiled enough of the movie for those who haven't seen it. The rest of you know what I'm talking about.)

Anybody got answers or more gripes?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:56 am
Going from the poll, I have always been a fan of Colossus. His never ending desire to protect those around him regradless of the cost, such as his self sacrifice to unsure that the world would be cleared of the legacy virus.

Now, on to the movies. I did feel as though the last movie let the others down, but I am not complaining- there was major problems with the filming anyway. Grumpy actors wanting bigger roles mainly.

As for Gambit and his related storylines- it would have taken the movies in a completely different line and made them more like the comics, which is something they strived not to do. If they had Gambit, they would need Mister Sinster and then the murlocks would have been the hunted not the hunters. And the whole love story between Iceman and Rogue would have invalid.

A love triangle? I am not going to touch that. I know it does seem wrong and that is that.

My biggest gripe about the movie is more to do with sideline characters, like Maggot, Psylocke and Marrow, and how they were completely changed for the movies.

With Maggot, there is two possibilities, of which the film does met both. The first is the original Maggot was black boy with two maggots (hence the name). The two maggots converted matter into energy for Maggot because they were his digestive system. They operated independent of Maggot, but he was able to control them and see through their eyes. When he died, one of them was found by Mister Sinster and kept in his lab. The next Maggot to come along, is most like the film's but his skin was blue.

With Psylocke, in the film she is a black woman who is able to sense mutants and has enhanced speed. Most noted for being beaten up by Storm. However, the real Psylocke, was a white girl with psychic powers. She has more control then Jean Grey, but is no where as strong. She can also create weapons of psychic energy.

And Marrow, the worst of the lot. In the film, this idiot is only able to grow spikes of his wrist and throw them. He is brutally cut down by Wolverine. However, the real one, is a smart white girl with great control over her bone growths.

Enjoy.  

ManagerKyoto
Crew

Ms_Briefs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:52 pm
Ahhh.... I heart Colossus as well... Peter Rasputin.... biggrin ... But I'm not going to get all fangirl here.

At any rate, I thought that Psylocke was one of those chicks who, at the end of the movie, was with Spike ( an ASIAN! He was Storm's nephew, wasn't he? WTF?). Remember when Phoenix was getting all "must obliterate everything" and the three were running out and didn't make it? Yeah, I thought the one with purple hair was Psylocke, since they had said the MAIN chick ( who had that scar that DID look like Psylocke's) was Callisto.
A quick history on Storm

At any rate, I still feel gyped. And while there have been many explanations of Gambit's lack of existing (minus the time where his name was shown), I still wish that they could have even stuck him somewhere in there, even if he was in the background and did nothing, like Siren ( who they did a bad casting call on, bbut whatever).
That isn't to say that the movie sucked. It was still good. But, I was disappointed with how it all turned out. It was good, but it sort of went off in left field, after following the comics so well. :/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:41 am
Ohok, I just check the cast. I was wrong, the guy that throws the spikes at Wolverine is Spike not Marrow. I got the girls mixed up. Going from left to right- Arclight (aka Omahyra), Callisto (aka Dania Ramirez, the one that beats up Storm) and Psylocke (Mei Melançon). User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I found this better explainaion of Callistos's powers. This is better because I was having a problem remembering her powers, but then again I should have clued in because she is one of the main characters in the X-men story in Civil War.

"The character Callisto has been given entirely new powers in the movie. In the comics, Callisto has merely enhanced strength, speed, and agility, and her main power was the ability to instantly calculate the tactical solution to any problem. Her powers in the movie of super speed and the ability to detect mutants seem to be a combination of Quicksilver (Magneto's son) and either her comic book ally Caliban or Sage, both of whom can detect mutants."

I remember reading or hearing somewhere that Gambit was meant to being the film but the actor chosen for the role backed out at the last minute.  

ManagerKyoto
Crew

Lilith Le Midge

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:49 pm
Let me tell you, as an X-Men Nerd (specifically a Jean fan), I've got so many rants that it would take me a million years to put on here. But let's just say I didn't like this movie as much as the other ones, and that I wish Bryan Singer still directed it. *sigh*

Once I watch the movie again (haven't seen it since it was in theatres) it'll renew my rants, so once I watch it, I'll come back and start ranting, okay?

But you guys have some good rants yourself... heart It makes me proud of you!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:15 pm
Lilith Le Midge
Let me tell you, as an X-Men Nerd (specifically a Jean fan), I've got so many rants that it would take me a million years to put on here. But let's just say I didn't like this movie as much as the other ones, and that I wish Bryan Singer still directed it. *sigh*

Once I watch the movie again (haven't seen it since it was in theatres) it'll renew my rants, so once I watch it, I'll come back and start ranting, okay?

But you guys have some good rants yourself... heart It makes me proud of you!

rofl Don't worry about your ranting. I ENCOURAGE it. XD This will give me more room to talk to people.  

Ms_Briefs

dustin the wind

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:14 pm
other, jugernaut from the last stand  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:04 pm
dustin the wind

And by that what do you mean?

The juggernaut from the film is based on the Ultimate X-men Juggernaut, where his powers are natural. True, the regular Juggernaut is a natural mutant, but his powers are enhanced and increased by the cystral he absorbs. The Ultimate X-men Juggernaut does go looking for the crystal, but most of his powers are his own.  

ManagerKyoto
Crew

Ms_Briefs

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:07 pm
ManagerKyoto
dustin the wind

The juggernaut from the film is based on the Ultimate X-men Juggernaut, where his powers are natural. True, the regular Juggernaut is a natural mutant, but his powers are enhanced and increased by the cystral he absorbs. The Ultimate X-men Juggernaut does go looking for the crystal, but most of his powers are his own.

... He was rather annoying in the movie, I hate to say... Granted, I never really favored Juggernaut to begin with, but... Yeah... neutral  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:47 pm
ManagerKyoto
dustin the wind

I think that's just an excuse to say that the writers don't really know Juggernaut... their scapegoat...  

Lilith Le Midge

ManagerKyoto
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:59 am
Lilith Le Midge
ManagerKyoto
dustin the wind

I think that's just an excuse to say that the writers don't really know Juggernaut... their scapegoat...

It is not an excuse to say that they don't really know Juggernaut, it is in fact the opposite. The writers would have looked into all possible storylines for the major characters and selected the form which suited their means better.

Having a Juggernaut that is enhanced by the crystal would have messed up how Shadowcat and Maggot defeat him.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:48 am
ManagerKyoto
Lilith Le Midge
ManagerKyoto
dustin the wind

It is not an excuse to say that they don't really know Juggernaut, it is in fact the opposite. The writers would have looked into all possible storylines for the major characters and selected the form which suited their means better.

Having a Juggernaut that is enhanced by the crystal would have messed up how Shadowcat and Maggot defeat him.

Which was a really lame/cheap way too, if I may add... I don't know why, but I expected more out of that part.  

Ms_Briefs

ManagerKyoto
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:01 am
Ms_Briefs

Which was a really lame/cheap way too, if I may add... I don't know why, but I expected more out of that part.

But the role of Juggernaut was never going to be a big part purely because there was already the four key characters- Magneto, Wolverine, Xavier and Jean.

I know Storm does have a larger role, but when you look at the film she is a minor character- like Juggernaut, Beast, Rogue and Iceman.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:18 pm
X_boy  

zb0i

Ms_Briefs

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:50 pm
ManagerKyoto
Ms_Briefs

But the role of Juggernaut was never going to be a big part purely because there was already the four key characters- Magneto, Wolverine, Xavier and Jean.

I know Storm does have a larger role, but when you look at the film she is a minor character- like Juggernaut, Beast, Rogue and Iceman.

What I meant was that I expected more out of the scene where Juggernaut gets taken down. I just figured it'd be more... better, I guess is the word.

And really, I'm not all that fond about Jean Grey/Wolverine, or the little love triangle... It really got annoying for me, especially since they were never my favorite X-men. :/

30: The S.S. More Powerful than Superman, Batman, Spiderman, and the Incredible Hulk Put Together

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games