Submit

Sensedog

Hardcore Sex Symbol

12,575 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:44 am
I read an article in the Buffalo News earlier about this very same topic. Though I am a male and therefore unable to sign it myself, I support it.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:47 pm
Hm, at first I thought that putting the names in the magazine were against the womens' consent. I support this though, even if I'll never be able to sign it.

EDIT: I just noticed that I typed "supprot" instead of "support".

.[E]xplicit[R]esidue.

YellowRoses610

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:55 pm
I would sign it if i had one maybe under an alais. I would not be worried about anti choicers come after me because I have weapons and know lawers.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:12 pm
I doubt I'd sign it--abortion is a very personal and private issue, I think.

Oh, and if anyone's interested:CBN Thread on the Article  

EmmaRaikou

Pandora Box

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:25 pm
I agree with those who have said it's personal. But at a time when people are attacking the right to even have an abortion, and many people are saying that it causes depression, etc., and all women regret having abortions, I think (if I had had one) I would sign.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:00 pm
I say, hey, what's wrong with it? What's so wrong about declaring it?

Prolifers now can call people sluts, whores, and hell-bent hussies by NAME

Prochoicers can now applaud those with the gall to publically declare it.

Which reminds me,

GO OCTOBER CROSSSSSS!!!!  

The Velveteen Violinist

October Cross

Fluffy Conventioneer

5,300 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:20 pm
..Le Chat du Noir..
I say, hey, what's wrong with it? What's so wrong about declaring it?

Prolifers now can call people sluts, whores, and hell-bent hussies by NAME

Prochoicers can now applaud those with the gall to publically declare it.

Which reminds me,

GO OCTOBER CROSSSSSS!!!!

off topic: LAWL! I feel speshul. 3nodding But kidding aside, I would sign under alias, not really out of the fact that I would want to protect myself from pro-lifers, but because I have a set group of jerkfaces I don't care to inform about any of my decisions, be them almighty like abortion or birth or small like what underwear to wear.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:26 pm
EmmaRaikou

The CBN misinterpreted it or are being idiots - they're saying it's woman who believe abortion caused DAMAGE to their lives -.-

Someone even said "their consciences should stop them from publishing it." Bull, that's assumption of universal morality.  

Lord Setar

Pandora Box

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:36 pm
Lord Setar
EmmaRaikou

The CBN misinterpreted it or are being idiots - they're saying it's woman who believe abortion caused DAMAGE to their lives -.-

Someone even said "their consciences should stop them from publishing it." Bull, that's assumption of universal morality.

No, I think CBN is saying that if Ms. publishes a list with women who believe it was the RIGHT choice for them, should they also publish a list with women who believed it was the WRONG choice and damaged their lives? They're asking for it to be "balanced."

Which, to me, is dumb. One, it's Ms.'s magazine, and it's a feminist magazine, so they're going to support women's choices. Secondly, I'm pretty sure the rhetoric is "omg, don't get an aborshun, you'll regret it! it ruins every woman's life!!" not the other way around.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:43 pm
Eh, if I'd have an abortion I'd probably put my name on it. I live in California, in a fairly liberal place, and wouldn't really have to worry toooo much about rabid fundamentalists unless they're rabid fundamentalist hitmen from the South, come to get me in CA. If I didn't feel safe, I'd probably use an alias.

And I don't see why a supposedly feminist magazine would have to post from women who feel damaged from their abortion, especially if they're known to be pro-choice.

If they surveyed and asked for quotes, or a petition for women who've given birth, and love their children, would they be required to then compile another petition of women from hated their children and suffered from post partum depression? Hell no. But for abortion... Jeez.  

Reinna Astarel

Pro-Choice Gaians

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces