So, if I were to use a new system...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Read the post. Then vote.
  Sure, it seems interesting.
  No. Change is scary and confusing. :{
  I'm a bloody pollwhore! GIVE ME YOUR MONEYS, DELICIOUS POLL.
  Vhat ist? Please to be explaining?
View Results

DWSage007

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:47 pm
Say, this one called Philsys...

Even though I'm a newbie here in this guild, do you think I'd get any players? >_>  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:09 pm
This guild is new. Everyone's a newbie to this guild hehe.  

DarkHayama
Crew

Unforgiving Millionaire

15,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200

SAR101

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:12 pm
I'd think that you would get players but I can't say how many will show up.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:38 pm
Looks pretty complicated...  

Velris the Blade

GS Sailor Saturn
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:14 am
It's certainly possible for you to get players, but I'd wait until the spellbook was sorted out before actually starting, unless you don't want any mages at all in your party.

The stat average of 0 reminds me of Dream Pod 9's range, namely SilCore (core rules for any DP9 game) and Heavy Gear (my personal favourite of their range), so it's not a totally unique concept. This isn't a problem though, as it means you might get people playing who already have an idea of what to do (though DP's stuff is D6 based, not D20).  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:46 pm
One question...how thought out is this system? 'Cus if it isn't very thought out and holes haven't been patched up...(super-characters <.<...).  

Iomma Sensei
Crew

Dangerous Genius

3,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

DWSage007

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:00 pm
It's actually pretty well thought-out. The only thing missing is the spellbook-which is constantly being updated anyway, so the wisest thing to do is just have DM mandated spells and skills-and has actually been used for...let's see. Five years now, I think? With people constantly pushing the min/maxing envelope? Yeah. There's some potential for uber-strong characters, but everyone has -some- sort of weakness.

Even if you do get the guy that can never be hit, he'll be doing very little damage. If you get the guy that can crush everything beneath his heel, then he'll likely go down like a sack of wet cement when you punch him once. It's more balanced than it seems at first sight, even though people can allegedly take huge minuses to Charisma and just stick it into Courage, or something along those lines, and have very few penalties...

Of course, then it's the GM's job to smack him with the stick of 'You ******** up, ugly donkeyface!' It was fun when I had someone actually do that. I made him constantly roll Int checks to not constantly swear at the duchess of a fairly large place...he managed to get halfway through dinner before comparing her face, unfavorably, to that of something he'd just eaten that had the indecency to come back up.

Ah, good times...I believe he got lynched, while the rest of the party denied having ever known him.  
The Drunken Dwarf Tavern

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games