Reply Pro-Choice Gaians
Think abstinance only is bad? This is worse. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does this bother you (read post first)?
  Yes
  I can understand why they did it, even though I don't approve.
  No, I think every school should do that.
View Results

Lord Setar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:32 pm
SterileNeedles
Lord Setar
SterileNeedles
PersephoneMediocris
I know this is untrue in the states as such a law would clash with the constitution and sex outside of marriage is done all the time in our society.

What part of the consitution would this law clash with if it existed if you don't mind my asking?

Right to privacy that is implied in the rights against unreasonable search and seizure onder the Fourth Amendment. Ninth Amendment would also count.

Why is sodomy illegal then in certain states if this true? :/

Those laws were deemed unconstitutional - Lawrence v. Texas.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:11 pm
sybex Shark
PersephoneMediocris
Aiko_Kaida
Oh I loved stirring up trouble in high school. I almost wish I had had a teacher this stupid.

Heres what I would do:
Go research the actual laws in your state, maybe even find out if what she said was true anywhere in the states.
Then go to your teacher and tell her that abstinance is something you feel very strongly about and you want to do a special presentation on it for the class. Try hard not to give away what your actual motives are.
Then get up in front of the class and present your findings about your teachers lies (don't outright call her a liar though, just show them). You can talk about the age of consent and let everyone in the class know that as soon as they reach that age of consent they are free to have as much legal consentual sex as they like!
If your state does have fornication laws or similar restrictions, then address that and try to get some facts on when the last time someone was actually charged under those laws.

I'll try that, but I don't think she'll let me. She's a very by the books kind of person. Plus we haven't even officially reached the sex ed unit yet. I might have a better shot then. I don't think more than maybe one or two kids believed her anyway. It just bugs me that she's even doing that. Plus what if the one idiot who believed her tried to get some kids they don't like in trouble for sex before marriage? That would be really bad for all parties involved.
Then give her a copy and pass around another. If she ignores the copy you give her, well, she's a lying liar who tells lies. mad When you pass around a copy, just say (purposely loud), "Hey, look! Ms. X lied! Lied I tell you, lied!" Everybody loves the teacher to be wrong. They'll listen, and what'll she do? Write you up for passing notes?

If only one or two people believed it (and I have to note, you may not be giving your classmates enough credit there), eh, forget about it. Save your strength for the actual sex ed unit, or soemthing.

I'd be too chicken to do that. I have a perfect record, I've never gotten written up or even got a detention in my entire school career. The school gives you a special award if you finish your Junior year with a perfect record and it looks really good on college applications and scholarships. I've heard of that teacher suspending kids for speaking against abstinance.  

PersephoneMediocris

Lord Setar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:25 pm
PersephoneMediocris
sybex Shark
PersephoneMediocris
Aiko_Kaida
Oh I loved stirring up trouble in high school. I almost wish I had had a teacher this stupid.

Heres what I would do:
Go research the actual laws in your state, maybe even find out if what she said was true anywhere in the states.
Then go to your teacher and tell her that abstinance is something you feel very strongly about and you want to do a special presentation on it for the class. Try hard not to give away what your actual motives are.
Then get up in front of the class and present your findings about your teachers lies (don't outright call her a liar though, just show them). You can talk about the age of consent and let everyone in the class know that as soon as they reach that age of consent they are free to have as much legal consentual sex as they like!
If your state does have fornication laws or similar restrictions, then address that and try to get some facts on when the last time someone was actually charged under those laws.

I'll try that, but I don't think she'll let me. She's a very by the books kind of person. Plus we haven't even officially reached the sex ed unit yet. I might have a better shot then. I don't think more than maybe one or two kids believed her anyway. It just bugs me that she's even doing that. Plus what if the one idiot who believed her tried to get some kids they don't like in trouble for sex before marriage? That would be really bad for all parties involved.
Then give her a copy and pass around another. If she ignores the copy you give her, well, she's a lying liar who tells lies. mad When you pass around a copy, just say (purposely loud), "Hey, look! Ms. X lied! Lied I tell you, lied!" Everybody loves the teacher to be wrong. They'll listen, and what'll she do? Write you up for passing notes?

If only one or two people believed it (and I have to note, you may not be giving your classmates enough credit there), eh, forget about it. Save your strength for the actual sex ed unit, or soemthing.

I'd be too chicken to do that. I have a perfect record, I've never gotten written up or even got a detention in my entire school career. The school gives you a special award if you finish your Junior year with a perfect record and it looks really good on college applications and scholarships. I've heard of that teacher suspending kids for speaking against abstinance.

If the teacher does that, it's undue punishment, and you can probably have it removed from the record. Suppression of opinion.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:27 pm
Lord Setar
PersephoneMediocris
sybex Shark
PersephoneMediocris
Aiko_Kaida

Heres what I would do:

If the teacher does that, it's undue punishment, and you can probably have it removed from the record. Suppression of opinion.

I'll check the school handbook. If I can't find something legitimate she could charge me with, I'll do it. Other than that, I don't want to lose 9 years of being as good as possible over one stupid teacher.  

PersephoneMediocris

Lord Setar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:32 pm
PersephoneMediocris
Lord Setar
PersephoneMediocris
sybex Shark
PersephoneMediocris
Aiko_Kaida

Heres what I would do:

I'll check the school handbook. If I can't find something legitimate she could charge me with, I'll do it. Other than that, I don't want to lose 9 years of being as good as possible over one stupid teacher.

Asking questions about the subject should be allowed. You could carefully phrase what you're saying and then when your teacher pulls out the tripe, have some printed papers and then "But this says differently..."  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:38 pm
Lord Setar
PersephoneMediocris
Lord Setar
PersephoneMediocris
sybex Shark

Asking questions about the subject should be allowed. You could carefully phrase what you're saying and then when your teacher pulls out the tripe, have some printed papers and then "But this says differently..."

Hmm, I checked my student handbook and I only found two things she could use: a disruptive behaivior rule and a disturbing the learning envirement. I'll find out what she got those other kids on. I still don't want to act if I think there's a chance it could end up on my record. What I was hoping I could do is find a way to report her to the school board for misinformation. I'm looking for a way to do that since I know that could never hurt my record. I don't want to get the woman fired, but they need to tell her not to lie to her students. She had a projection sheet which said sex before marriage is illegal too and I want to know if she made it herself, and if not where she got it. I don't want it to turn out this goes higher than my teacher. My mom knows a whole bunch of people on the school board so that route shouldn't be hard.  

PersephoneMediocris

[Ernie]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:02 pm
SterileNeedles
Lord Setar
SterileNeedles
PersephoneMediocris
I know this is untrue in the states as such a law would clash with the constitution and sex outside of marriage is done all the time in our society.

What part of the consitution would this law clash with if it existed if you don't mind my asking?

Right to privacy that is implied in the rights against unreasonable search and seizure onder the Fourth Amendment. Ninth Amendment would also count.

Why is sodomy illegal then in certain states if this true? :/

Because some of our state lawmakers are homophobic assholes. The laws are backed by blown air, nothing more. They ought to be abolished, if only for the sake of moving the government along (since, as sybex pointed out, they can't exactly be enfored unless the government puts video cameras in all bedrooms of the nation, which would be blatantly illegal).

As for the OP: Your teacher is full of s**t. I'd suggest reasearching your state and local laws and prepare a nice little paper of info. Then when you reach the Sex Ed unit and she tries to push this s**t again, raise your hand and tell her politely that she is *quite* mistaken with paper in hand. And since your goal is to report her to higher-ups, you should probably get eyewitnesses if you can.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:10 pm
I think a "WTF, mate?!" is appropriate here.

Jeezy petes. If there's one thing that pisses me off more than substandard sex ed, it's blatant misinformation.  

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

zawazawaii

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:15 pm
I'm so glad my sex ed teacher wasn't opinated.

All she did was put on the tapes, read the textbooks.

And that was it.

Although I'm pretty sure she said something like

'THE ONLY 100% SURE WAY NOT TO HAVE A BABY IS......NOT TO HAVE SEX!'

Which, although true, is rather stupid sounding and only shows a slight lack of credibility for teaching.

gonk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:53 pm
Chachamaru-kun

And that was it.

Which, although true, is rather stupid sounding and only shows a slight lack of credibility for teaching.

gonk

Not true anyway. You could get raped and get pregnant.  

PersephoneMediocris

nobhdy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:05 pm
PersephoneMediocris
Chachamaru-kun

And that was it.

gonk

Not true anyway. You could get raped and get pregnant.

That sentance is most certainly true. Even being raped is having sex(albeit non-consentual). I believe it should be a fundamental piece of information taught during these classes as well, but not the ONLY information taught.

I had a fair and balanced sexual education class back when I was in school. Everything was taught, and objective information was presented. We were even invited to look up the information regarding fetal growth in a multitude of textbooks at the local university for extra credit!

No misinformation was presented, but I guess down in these parts the only people who screw with our cirriculum is our liberal Governor.  
Pro-Choice Gaians

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff