Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 30: The S.S. More Powerful than Superman, Batman, Spiderman, and the Incredible Hulk Put Together
The Great Debate: The Place to Argue About Pointless Matters Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who's better?
  Superman
  Batman
View Results

ZeroEnergy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:16 pm
bat man is much better cause he has no super powers..

he only uses his mind and human strength  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:41 pm
ZeroEnergy

Clark Kent is just as intelligent. They both are very smart, but in different areas.

Oh, and in response to the "Batman can take down Superman with Krytonite", just remember, Superman can just as easily take down Batman with a gun or any other weapon. But it's all just cheap shots. I'm talking about just the two fighting in hand to hand combat. Who would win with just pure strength and battle skills?
question  

Ms_Briefs

D000M

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:49 pm
Ms_Briefs
ZeroEnergy

Clark Kent is just as intelligent. They both are very smart, but in different areas.

Oh, and in response to the "Batman can take down Superman with Krytonite", just remember, Superman can just as easily take down Batman with a gun or any other weapon. But it's all just cheap shots. I'm talking about just the two fighting in hand to hand combat. Who would win with just pure strength and battle skills?
question

Ever read Frank Miller's BATMAN:The Dak Knight Returns? Remeber when Batman made that huge suit made of Titanium/Kryptonite and whooped Superman's little b***h a** almost to death? Well if ya haven't, you should. As far as the fighting itself (after he evened the odds) Batman whooped Superman nine ways to Sunday. Read it for yourself.

Superman's a tool anyway.

Pure Stength: Superman (seeing as Kyrptonite is the ONLY thing that opens him up to vulnerability) (That in itself makes Superman cheap in the 1st place)

Fighting Skills: Batman. He has tons of fighting training, Superman has none.

Swamp Thing PWNS them both, though. He has knocked Batman's a** out with one punch and has saved Superman's life.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:08 pm
bump  

Living Ink
Crew

engineer-of-doom
Captain

Original Visionary

15,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:18 pm
I've moved this to your subforum as I am trying to make the main forum more inviting. You may keep this Sticky or delete it as you wish.

Post anything you want to say about your subforum in the following Sticky on the main forum. Looking for Serious Real World topics?

Thanks!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:16 pm
I love this debate room. Such mature posts...like it should be. Now on to topic.

Personally, I prefer Batman. Perhaps it's being older now, and knowing all the complexities there can easily be in life, but I've always liked the darker comics anyway. I like how Bruce is so mixed up inside but still tries to do the right thing, even when his opinion conflicts with the rest of the world. He is smart. There is no getting around that. Almost all of the gadgets and suits that he uses he designed and manufactured himself with his two hands. And as someone already pointed out, it takes a LOT to make an inheritance blossom like Bruce did, even if he did start out with a substantial amount. And Bruce has honed his body to a fine point that not many people can achieve even when they try.

Strange thing is, when I was younger, I much preferred Superman. He was strong and protective. You knew there was latent power waiting to burst forth. Yet he chose to submit himself to the life of what would now be called a "geek," so awkward and honest. It is a feeling that is very appealing to a youngster, but, though nice to know it's around, seems to not be as practical a feeling when you get older. Maybe because you know that life isn't as black and white as the Superman writers seem to have him see the world as.

*shrugs* but opinions are like backsides...

Ryuu Suishou

13,475 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Hellraiser 500

420FienD420

4,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:48 pm
Ryuu Suishou
I love this debate room. Such mature posts...like it should be. Now on to topic.

Personally, I prefer Batman. Perhaps it's being older now, and knowing all the complexities there can easily be in life, but I've always liked the darker comics anyway. I like how Bruce is so mixed up inside but still tries to do the right thing, even when his opinion conflicts with the rest of the world. He is smart. There is no getting around that. Almost all of the gadgets and suits that he uses he designed and manufactured himself with his two hands. And as someone already pointed out, it takes a LOT to make an inheritance blossom like Bruce did, even if he did start out with a substantial amount. And Bruce has honed his body to a fine point that not many people can achieve even when they try.

Strange thing is, when I was younger, I much preferred Superman. He was strong and protective. You knew there was latent power waiting to burst forth. Yet he chose to submit himself to the life of what would now be called a "geek," so awkward and honest. It is a feeling that is very appealing to a youngster, but, though nice to know it's around, seems to not be as practical a feeling when you get older. Maybe because you know that life isn't as black and white as the Superman writers seem to have him see the world as.

*shrugs* but opinions are like backsides...

I believe that he has a point 3nodding
Batman rocks- and to explain why- he's a superhero and he doesn't even HAVE powers. He got there through determination and skill.
It doesn't take long for Superman to punch through a wall, true, but Batman is the kind of fellow that would think of a way around it. Now I'm not suggesting that Superman is at all stupid. And in hand to hand combat, he might beat Batman (unless of course he had previously mentioned suit, which by the way, basically kicks Superman's intellectual prowess out the door- taking into account what I said before about Superman not being stupid). But Batman pwns him, and if Superman were to somehow loose his powers [not bloody likely but entertain the thought], Batman would totally kick his a**, because they would both be human (or as close as they both can get) but Batman has the determination and discipline to gain physical prowess.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:12 pm
Superman may be more powerful and more super and stuff, but Batman is just cooler. I find his comics much more entertaining than those of Superman. And as I always say, Batman doesn't need superpowers to kick a**.  

Real Horrorshow Groodies

Kialynn Rowling

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:03 pm
Superman actually has powers...but his annoying as all get out!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:30 pm
Batman rules. mrgreen

Super man is an invincible bleed-heart.
Batman is a millionaire ninja with a bitchin' car, a jet, and a submarine. plus he scares the crap out the bad guys. twisted  

Wavefury

Dapper Bloodsucker

3,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Beta Contributor 0

Gin Fushicho

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:54 am
The only reason I don't like Superman is because the only way he can die is by kryptonite. he is littrally invincible. but as always Batman has a way around everything , I would be like batman and be nervous that Superman was gonna turn evil , Batman carried Kryptonite everywhere he went , and i expect him too do that I would too. It's scary too think that a man cannot die unless exposed to one thing.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:14 am
is'nt superman vunarable to certain magic?? or did that all change after the whole infinate crisis deal??? hell i think jimmy olsen can take on the both of them lol
(((please forgive the bad spelling and grammer its 5am and i'm dozing off night ya'll)))) xp  

starnes

30: The S.S. More Powerful than Superman, Batman, Spiderman, and the Incredible Hulk Put Together

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games