Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 30: The S.S. More Powerful than Superman, Batman, Spiderman, and the Incredible Hulk Put Together
The Great Debate: The Place to Argue About Pointless Matters Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who's better?
  Superman
  Batman
View Results

Ms_Briefs

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:23 am
EDIT: I've moved one of my favorite threads to to the main forum for a reason. Please partake in this and I hope it encourages you all to come to "The S.S. More powerful than Superman, Batman, Spierman, and the Incredible Hulk Put Together" and make your own posts. Enjoy and come visit Next Month's Debate. smile

P.S. By thw way, my subforum is NOT about debates such as these. This is just a fun thread in it.

The Great Debate

What is it?

A delightful place where we all can argue about important matters, such as:

- What woman on earth IS fully capable of carrying Superman's unborn child? (Mallrats reference. razz )

- What was the best Lord of the Rings movie?

- Who was the best Batman?

- Is "Eureka" a good show?

Each week ( or month), a new topic will come up for all of you to debate. 3nodding

Can I make a suggestion for a topic?

Suggestions are welcome! Just send me a PM with "TGD: Topic Suggestion" in the subject line and tell me what you think we in this here subforum should discuss. I'll decide which ones will come out and so forth. Anything that falls into this subforum's basic categories counts. But, give me REAL suggestions. I'll post examples of bad topic ideas when the time comes.
For now, be sure that your idea generates some sort of discussion. We don't want people agreeing with each other. razz

Anything else I need to know?

This place is purely for fun and for the great thrill of arguinng. It may get serious, but all in all, I want this to be a fun place to just hang out and carry out the same random stuff that pops into daily conversations. You know, that random thought a friend brings up, and then you all start to talk about it, no matter how lame or inane it is.

All in all, this is just a silly thread for everybody to enjoy themselves and ask those questions you've always wanted to, but didn't have the right amount of people ( or interest) to REALLY get in depth with it. So, have fun everybody!

heart  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:27 am

"This Month's Debate"

"Who's better: Superman or Batman?

User Image

Rules

1. Keep all posts on the subject. Don't go off on an endless tangent, please.

2. Don't flame another person for their opinion. Remember, this is called a DEBATE for a reason.

3. No spamming. I'll delete your posts automatically and will watch for a second offense in order to ban you. Remember, you only get ONE warning.

4. Write out a well thought out P.O.V. I don't want a one sentence post. Giving your full opinion generates discussion.

5. If you're posting something to further illustrate a point, please make sure it's appropriate. Lord knows that there's going to be a problem if someone doesn't pay attention to this small detail.

6. Reserved for future rules. Please don't make me use this.

What are you waiting for? DEBATE!  

Ms_Briefs

Ms_Briefs

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:54 am
I'll start this debate off.

I personally favor Superman, but Batman has his points. For one thing, Batman has a much better storyline, villains, and an all out dark appeal to it. People actually die, his sidekicks are awesome ( I heart Batgirl and Nightwing), his femme fatales rock, ( yay Catwoman), and spinoffs are pretty neat ( Batman Beyond).

However, when it comes to who can kick whom's a**, I say Superman can beat Batman any day. He's the frickin' man of steel. And he has heat ray vision. The one thing I love about Superman is that he doesn't BUY his powers, like ol' Bruce Wayne. He was BORN with them.

And Supergirl is pretty cool herself.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:05 pm
Batman beat superman in the comics with a criptonite ring. Bruce Wayne has the money to rival Lex Luther, and also buy a rare cryptonian rock!
Batman has natural skills too. Just because he isn't bulletproof or can't fly doesn't mean that he can't throw a beat down on someone.  

mehket

Real Horrorshow Groodies

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:26 pm
mehket
Batman beat superman in the comics with a criptonite ring. Bruce Wayne has the money to rival Lex Luther, and also buy a rare cryptonian rock!
Batman has natural skills too. Just because he isn't bulletproof or can't fly doesn't mean that he can't throw a beat down on someone.

While Batman has several advantages over Superman, I believe Superman is better simply bacuse he has better comics. He has much better supervillians and simply has better storylines.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:04 am
While there have been comics where Batman has beaten Superman, the same can be said about Superman beating Batman. I don't really pay any heed to comics like that, since they're more of fanservice anyhow.

Again, Superman can kick Batman's a**. That's not to say it's an easy victory. But when it comes down to the final punch or kick, it's going to be Superman on top. Bruce just can't measure up to the Man of Steel.

Ms_Briefs

ManagerKyoto
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:40 am
Lets get this one out of the way- Superman is ten times better then Batman. Superman is the original comic super hero.

True- Batman has beaten Superman's butt (see HUSH Vol 1). Batman does have the better storyline's and movies. Batman does have cooler sidekicks.

However, when you look at what the characters are, you see how Batman is no where as good as Superman.

Batman is always jsut one step away from becoming just like those he is out there to stop. When is not behind the mask, he is some rich hob-nob that has more problems then all of his villians could ever image having.

While Superman, he knows what he is capable of and constantly limits himself. Instead of killing anyone in his path, Superman always watches what he does. When he is not Superman and is Clark Kent, he is a weak, timid, blind and a general pathetic individual.

I think I am just ranting now, so go watch Kill Bill Vol2 and listen to Bill say what I am saying here.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:34 pm
Batman SOOOOOO kicks superman's arse.

Superman can't really fight most of the time. He's simply an invincible punching bag. What's so cool about that?

Batman is WAY smarter than Superman, and has far smarter foes (though lex is generally on par with most of batman's villains).

Batman has saved superman's arse on more than one occasion, and pure strength is nothing.

Ever see that cartoon movie where Batman and Superman had to team up against Lex and the Joker? 'nuff said, then.

Batman has far better story lines, and is more human that superman ever will be (figuratively as well as literally). Unlike superman, Batman is far more complex and much closer to reality.

Quote:
The one thing I love about Superman is that he doesn't BUY his powers, like ol' Bruce Wayne. He was BORN with them.

His being born with them is what i HATE about superman.

Ha! Being born with superpowers is luck. Batman has mastered and honed his own human abilities to far beyond what ordinary people acheive. He has EARNED everything he has (even his money, he may have inherited a lot, but it takes a keen mind to retain and increase it, which he has). Those gadgets? They're tools, and like all tools it takes true skill and knowhow to utilize them efficiently.

He kick butt without superpowers and succeeds where superpowered being fail, even against superpowered beings. Batman is all skill and personal strength. Superman is just strength that comes from him simply being an alien.

Quote:
Batman is always jsut one step away from becoming just like those he is out there to stop. When is not behind the mask, he is some rich hob-nob that has more problems then all of his villians could ever image having.

again, the reality of it. humans aren't the pure-minded saints superman seems to represent. And besides, superman has rather pathetic girl problems, while batman deals with true sacrifices and fighting corruption in business and politics. superman just beats up people who do bad stuff.

Batman is a man of the people and not merely a man for the people the way superman is, because superman in a way is not a man, but merely a simplistic ideal.  

Soulstrike96

Dapper Raider

5,600 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Soulstrike96

Dapper Raider

5,600 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:38 pm
Ms_Briefs
While there have been comics where Batman has beaten Superman, the same can be said about Superman beating Batman. I don't really pay any heed to comics like that, since they're more of fanservice anyhow.

Again, Superman can kick Batman's a**. That's not to say it's an easy victory. But when it comes down to the final punch or kick, it's going to be Superman on top. Bruce just can't measure up to the Man of Steel.

meh, that's if you talk about pure strength. batman has outmaneuvered superman countless times. Batman could beat superman and without relying on kryptonite.

Superman is the simple man who walks in the light and generally sees only light and dark, while batman is the man of light who delves in the shadows, using shadows against itself to the same end of preserving and protecting the light.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:57 pm
From a completely non Biased stand point there really can be no winner. The simple fact is that Batman and Superman respect each other for their individual abilites too much for them to bring down the other. In the case of Superman going rouge Batman could easily have killed him with the kryptonite ring But he didn't. Batman is smarter and more highly skilled than Superman But Superman is stronger and faster. From a Biased POV Batman would Hand Superman's a** to him on a silver platter. Bruce could whip up a hostile take over of the Daily Planet fire Clark, and once Superman confronts Batman about it in the lookout tower Batman slams a chunk of Kryptonite down his throat.  

TsumetaiHinote

Aurora Sing
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:49 pm
Ummmm....Gee I like Batman better...mostly because of the movies.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:02 am
Aurora Sing
Ummmm....Gee I like Batman better...mostly because of the movies.

Whlie I agree that the Batman movies were better than the SUperman ones, we also have toconsider the fact that Batman was lucky enough to get some decent people working on it. You can't really count the movies in this argument, because we all know the Superman movies weren't made by Tim Burton or had great writers and actors...
However, I must also point out that Bryan Singer saved Superman with the newest movie, while Batman took a stumble with, need i say more, the n****e suit of George Clooney. So, the movies can't be used to compare the two superheroes.

Ms_Briefs

Flayre The Pyro Girl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:57 pm
Kataton
From a Biased POV Batman would Hand Superman's a** to him on a silver platter. Bruce could whip up a hostile take over of the Daily Planet fire Clark, and once Superman confronts Batman about it in the lookout tower Batman slams a chunk of Kryptonite down his throat.

I've always been a big Superman fan-- the whole flying, supersonic speeds, X-ray vision, the job at the Planet package was pretty sweet. But Kataton has it right. Superman has that one major weakness that can kill him pretty quickly. Batman, however, has those awesome suits that are bullet and fire proof, invisible, and all other manner of helpful things. tue, he can be killed pretty easily, like any other human-but that's the point. he's human. Superman was an alien. He has actual problems-keeping his high-profile day life from that of his night and trying to save his on-again off-again girlfriend of the week from whichever supervillain is out to get him this time. And he has more villains out for him. Superman had Lex Luthor as his biggie, the one who always came back. Batman had the Joker, Two-Face-who used to be a good friend- Catwoman, Poison Ivy, the Riddler. He went through so much crap from the cops and the press-Superman never did. And he had his sidekicks die or leave. but he got up and did it again, every night. That says it all.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:05 am
Imaya_Starsworn
Kataton
From a Biased POV Batman would Hand Superman's a** to him on a silver platter. Bruce could whip up a hostile take over of the Daily Planet fire Clark, and once Superman confronts Batman about it in the lookout tower Batman slams a chunk of Kryptonite down his throat.

I've always been a big Superman fan-- the whole flying, supersonic speeds, X-ray vision, the job at the Planet package was pretty sweet. But Kataton has it right. Superman has that one major weakness that can kill him pretty quickly. Batman, however, has those awesome suits that are bullet and fire proof, invisible, and all other manner of helpful things. tue, he can be killed pretty easily, like any other human-but that's the point. he's human. Superman was an alien. He has actual problems-keeping his high-profile day life from that of his night and trying to save his on-again off-again girlfriend of the week from whichever supervillain is out to get him this time. And he has more villains out for him. Superman had Lex Luthor as his biggie, the one who always came back. Batman had the Joker, Two-Face-who used to be a good friend- Catwoman, Poison Ivy, the Riddler. He went through so much crap from the cops and the press-Superman never did. And he had his sidekicks die or leave. but he got up and did it again, every night. That says it all.

Clark Kent had his drama too. While his storylines are more lighter than the Cape Crusader's, he still had to deal... but differently.

Batman is appealing for his dark stories, and his flat out being a "human" without actually being a mutant. However, that's not really a big thing for me. All the superheroes hae to deal with someone they love constantly being in danger for their "jobs". Spiderman has to worry about Mary Jane and his aunt May, The Flash has his girlfriend/wife Linda, and Superman had his parents, Lois and Jimmy, and others. You can't say that Batman is better because he protects people, since that's pretty much his and other superheroes job. :/

Ms_Briefs

Ms_Briefs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:45 am
Any new arguments or posts? Let's end this one with a BANG!  
30: The S.S. More Powerful than Superman, Batman, Spiderman, and the Incredible Hulk Put Together

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games