Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Alternative Lifestyles Guild

Back to Guilds

A safe place for anyone who identifies with the LGBTQ(IP) community and their allies. 

Tags: lesbian, gays, queer, transgender, LGBT 

Reply 02. Guild Suggestions [post ideas]
The Suggestion Box! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sprinkled Sweets

Beloved Darling

10,450 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Timid 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:49 pm
THIS GUILD NEEDS:
Little kid rides, for me.
uhmm... Stripper poles... for me as well...
a hamburger join... for me and maybe some others...
a Snack Shak where I can eat snacks
biggrin

stuff like this.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:55 pm
i think we should have a sticky that everyone can post there sexual orientation then it is made into a list like the name and birthday treads  

jax is in love

Invisible Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

jokerelf474

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:05 pm
how can there be suggestions when this guild is such a hit its one of my favorite guilds  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:38 pm
jokerelf474
how can there be suggestions when this guild is such a hit its one of my favorite guilds
User Image

Well, there is nothing wrong with making something thats already great even better.

>> ♥ << Visit my art gallery! >> ♥ <<

Ezra-tan

jax is in love

Invisible Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:12 pm
the 06. "Life Issues" - Advice & Councelling sub forum should not have advice people would get more advice in the mane forum then in a sub forum that is dead  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:16 pm
jax is in love
i think we should have a sticky that everyone can post there sexual orientation then it is made into a list like the name and birthday treads
I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

I agree with this

Mischief managed.

PyroDogs94

8,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Sainthood

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:36 pm
Okay, let's post here and see what happens shall we? My ideas:

1. the main forum should be cleaned out so that the subforums will actually be used. (such as this one?)
2. I know it's difficult to keep track of members that are active and members that aren't but maybe every 2 months or so the crew(since there are enough) should go through and clean out inactive members. by that I mean haven't posted in like a month. send them a notification a week before you delete them as a warning. if they want to rejoin, they can, but it'll keep people on their toes about being active.
3. instead of the guild voting on member of the month, maybe the captain or a crew member can suggest people that they've noticed are being active and supporting the guild. then post about three people that they find eligible and the rest of the guild can vote from there. I only suggest this because recently it's seemed inactive members are winning due to the guild voting on people who are simply 'popular'.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:39 am
Nooooooo. Don't kick out members that have been gone for a whole month! How about 6 months? Sometimes members wander inside the guild and just read and not post! Just go 6 months inactive and send a warning PM that gives them one week to respond if they want to stay! I say one week because... come on... this guild can't be their life.

I also have my own suggestion. Why don't we have one main thread that links to other threads that's worth keeping alive? Then we can have threads ALl 0vEr tHe PL@Ce and people would post in them! THEN the threads would pop up above all the other threads and people would say, "HEY! That's a good thread! *posts in it*"

Ratz-ItsJC

5,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Citizen 200

paintxitorange

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:17 pm
Sainthood
Okay, let's post here and see what happens shall we? My ideas:

1. the main forum should be cleaned out so that the subforums will actually be used. (such as this one?)
2. I know it's difficult to keep track of members that are active and members that aren't but maybe every 2 months or so the crew(since there are enough) should go through and clean out inactive members. by that I mean haven't posted in like a month. send them a notification a week before you delete them as a warning. if they want to rejoin, they can, but it'll keep people on their toes about being active.
3. instead of the guild voting on member of the month, maybe the captain or a crew member can suggest people that they've noticed are being active and supporting the guild. then post about three people that they find eligible and the rest of the guild can vote from there. I only suggest this because recently it's seemed inactive members are winning due to the guild voting on people who are simply 'popular'.

1. I will see about that...
2. While this sounds like a good idea, a lot of people (myself including, and I'm part of the crew) go on hiatus for months on end. Life sometimes just catches up and people have other priorities they need to pay attention to, and kicking them out would just be silly. ALG is awesome, but there's more to life.
3. This ALSO sounds like a good idea, but I feel like if everyone voted specifically on activeness of a member the same people would end up winning over and over. Also, Member of the month IS sort of a popularity contest. It sucks, but it's what it is.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 7:04 pm
Can we maybe do like monthly guild announcements instead of weekly/daily ones that have nothing in them? Getting random notifications that are basically just "No news today, no birthdays, I'll clean up soon I promise!" is really annoying, I'd rather have one at the beginning of the month that contains some actual news.  

ChlorineFriday

colon bracket
Crew

Eloquent Fatcat

7,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 8:37 pm
ChlorineFriday
Can we maybe do like monthly guild announcements instead of weekly/daily ones that have nothing in them? Getting random notifications that are basically just "No news today, no birthdays, I'll clean up soon I promise!" is really annoying, I'd rather have one at the beginning of the month that contains some actual news.

This.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:22 pm
you should have a speed dating forum for people to meet and get to know each other  

EmoXRomie

Dr. OCD

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:17 pm
xXOdiousSuicideXx
you should have a speed dating forum for people to meet and get to know each other

That's pretty much the Profile Forum [Introduce Yourself "Extended"] or the Personal Ads Section  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:49 am
Running through the monsoon,beyond the world ...

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but I'm lazy when it comes to reading multiple pages of content, to be truthful.
Also not sure how active the guild is.
Any chance of adding a "Games" bit to the Contests subforum?
Just kinda throw the games from the front page in there, or something.
It'd liven the Contests forum up a bit, providing people are active enough.

to the end of time,where the rain won't hurt ...

Sarcasdick

Dangerous Gatekeeper

02. Guild Suggestions [post ideas]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas