[PRP] Sympathy for the Devil (Meeki, me) - Fin Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:46 pm
((This is a private roleplay between Rötschreck and Maeryn))

User Image

He was always there. Always lingering somewhere just out of sight, a faint red glimmer just at the edge of her peripheral vision. Maeryn did not know why that thought was comforting, did not know why it did not fill her with dread. Perhaps it was because of his stated mission in the herd. Protector. A title ordinarily mostly empty of meaning, but he'd acted the part. He'd played his role so well that she had begun to grow accustomed to it, to him. Her mind was wild with all sorts of slightly insane theories, and oddities. She couldn't tame it, not really. There was too much of a history there. Too much to keep everything in nice, neat little piles, safely tucked away where it wouldn't come back to bite someone in the a**. She could not keep that entirely locked up. She had tried, oh how she had tried... but it seemed that her best defense was a strong offense. And so she had been bitter, vicious at times, towards males. Stallions. They were a threat, surely. Surely, surely. They must be. Yet... why was he not? It made no sense. It made no sense at all. She shook her mane out, trying to sort it all out. Failing. Failing miserably.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:56 am
Rötschreck circled the area that the herd had come to rest at. Most seemed to be doing their own thing and he tried to pay them no mind, as they deserved privacy. No one liked being watched all the time. The last thing he wanted to do was come off intimidating, though that wouldn't really be a bad thing. He needed to be intimidating to maintain his position as protector in the herd. He was the one that backed up Maeryn's decisions, with physical force if required.

That brought his mind to Maeryn. He found himself questioning things a lot. He was a solitary creature for most of his life, yet he was willing to change so easily, for a mare and her ideas. Sure, he saw some intelligence in her ideas but would it have really been enough on it's own to earn his loyalty? The more he was in this herd, the more he felt.. like he really belonged here. It was a lot for the stallion to soak in sometimes, though it really came so naturally. Though he was cold, violent and deadly as any Kalona (and perhaps even moreso), he also had a softer side deep inside that he didn't let out often. Would that make him seem weak? Would his position be jeopardized if he let that slip out again?

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:05 am
Why had she decided to form a herd? She vaguely remembered a conversation she'd had with Necro about the appalling behavior of Calamity, and the dwindling of their race. Calamity. Now, there was a problem. If he wasn't being disgraceful, she did not know what the word meant. The mare wandered, thoroughly caught up in her own thoughts. Damn it. For a short while, it had seemed like he'd reverted to proper Kalona behavior, but then later on he had once more shown a sympathy and a fondness for inferior Soquili that was just... unnatural. She shook her head, freeing herself from such thoughts. He was one stallion. He could not possibly mean much to their breed in the grand scheme of things. No, there was another... another stallion who showed much greater potential.

The fact that she was nearing that particular Kalona did not occur to her. She had gotten into the habit of sticking close to Rötschreck, or else he had taken to following her. She wasn't sure which. Whatever the cause, she knew that she had picked up his scent. It was strange. She really expected to fear him, but every time she saw him, she could not for the life of her call up that emotion. It just didn't fit. Perhaps his somewhat fatherly behavior towards the majority of the herd (and Calamity as well) threw her off. Whatever the reason, the black mare was certainly at a loss. Friendship was a new experience, for all that she seemed to share it with Necro. No, sharing... friendship with a male was the problem really, wasn't it?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:32 pm
Rötschreck nodded his head in greeting as he neared Maeryn. "All seems well with the herd," he stated simply. "I have caught no scent of the Skinwalkers in this area, I think you chose well."

How Rot hated the Skinwalkers. It pissed him off that a 'new' group would come in and try to show them up. At least one of them seemed to be doing a pisspoor job of it. Perhaps he was to the Skinwalkers what Calamity was to the Kalona.

The other Skinwalkers would present a neverending problem.. that is unless they were stopped. Still, it seemed the Skinwalkers have left the Kalona alone for the most part. Perhaps with the secret out and the soquili being prepared and on their guard has helped someone. Not like many would want to go up against a group of Kalona anyway. The herd -- and Rot -- would be prepared if such a thing occured.

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:50 pm
"It seemed to be the most defensible area about, really." Maeryn was worried. She really was. She felt somewhat threatened by the new, supposedly tougher, evil. She had only begun to settle into a comfortable routine when the Skinwalkers had broken it up with their violence and their destruction. "There are so many things to consider now... I wonder if it is truly safe." A hint of that worry, and only a hint, managed to thread itself through her voice. Damn it. She did not like displaying her concerns for all to see, all to read. It troubled her that she was letting herself go like that. Even if it was Rot she was addressing, she would do well to take care how she did so. "Have you any news of the Skinwalkers?" She had been so wrapped up in getting everything back together, getting everyone situated in the new lands, and controlling the mass panic that had erupted when the beasts were mentioned.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:30 pm
"It's safe for you," Rot said firmly. If the Skinwalkers did attack, he would make sure Maeryn made it out safely. It was his job to protect them and her, and he would die doing so, if it was required to maintain the safety of the others.

"The Skinwalkers seem to be laying dormant at the moment. It makes them unpredictable. Right now, there's not enough information to understand them and estimate how, when and where they will attack. I do think they would frequent the areas of two-leggers and the weaker soquilis more though. There's comfort in that thought. Until absolutely needed, I doubt they would waste their energy on tougher opponents like ourselves." He had no idea if what he said was accurate but it was logical.

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:42 pm
Maeryn was not particularly pleased by the idea of Rot sacrificing himself for the good of the herd, for all that she knew that it was his "job". She knew that if he did do so, there was a good chance that Xemnas would take his place as Protector, and while that was not an entirely negative concept... she somehow was incredibly opposed to the idea even as a last resort. Perhaps it was due to that slight otherworldliness of the aforementioned stallion.

"I suppose that there can be no telling what they will do. I've tried to think it out logically, but it is clear that they do not hold to rational reasoning of any sort." And they were not the only ones. She'd certainly seen that sort of behavior from a number of Soquili. "We can hope that our toughness as a race will prevent them from attacking us, but I will be on my guard." She did not trust them to think about who they were attacking. "It is quite true that they have more readily available targets, and that they have seemed to congregate near the two-legger village."

It was a heartening idea, really. Yet... she could not quite be happy with those conclusions. Something did not quite add up. Maybe she was being completely paranoid. She was completely disgusted by the behavior she had seen from a number of Soquili of late, and pleased to be far from them. They simply reinforced her views.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:05 pm
"I think the two-leggers are just as important to their motives as are soquilis. It all started when a two-legger went mad, afterall. Revenge is usually a strong motivation for such things. Even the soquilis that had been attacked by these Skinwalkers were tamed ones, close to the the two-leggers in charge of the village. I don't think it's a coincidence. I am sure the Skinwalkers will not cower against us and we should be on our guard, but I think we have more reason to relax than most. You should try to relax, Maeryn. I'll keep watch."

Rot had been doing a lot of thinking since the Skinwalker attack, considering the facts and what they did know about this new race of evil. He was confidant that a band of Kalona could easily wipe out a single Skinwalker. The idea of more than one however.. didn't settle with him well at all.

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:17 pm
"I will try, Rötschreck." Maeryn took her duties very seriously. Very seriously indeed. She was a passionate Soquili, even if that passion was not directed in the way that most lesser types preferred. "The herd seems to be doing well, at least." She had not expected it to do well. Kalona were not particularly prone to working well together. "Better than I had hoped." She seemed to be brooding just a bit, though.

"Calamity is back to his inferior loving ways, and I am glad that he is not a part of it." He would be a bad example for any foals that might... but there were no foals- what was she thinking? Ridiculous creature. She lashed her tail, almost cat-like, and pawed at the ground. "What a time to seem less than strong, less than Kalona." How pitiful, and how disgusting. She was at least trying to distract herself from the Skinwalkers.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:37 pm
"Maeryn, it is not a weakness to show how you feel about things. There has to be some level of care and concern in making decisions, at least in making the proper decisions. No one is strong all the time." Rot wondered how she would take that, if he would appear weaker to her but it was something he believed.

"Calamity is in a league of his own. I don't think he knows who or what he is. I think instinct tells him he's a Kalona but his actions speak louder than words. He's not the only Kalona that seems to adopt.. a different attitude and he probably won't be the last. He really needs to figure out what he wants in his life and stick with it. Even if it's against our beliefs, I would have more respect for him if he just made up his mind and stuck to it." Rot shook his head. Calamity was such an unstable stallion. Perhaps that would change in time.

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:00 pm
"It is his inconsistency that troubles me, I think. I have always... been troubled by things which are unpredictable." Which was to say that if Maeryn could not measure or way another's behavior, it put her ill at ease. She had very little trust in her fellow Soquili, and it showed every once in awhile. "Feelings... emotions, they are a new thing to me, really. At least, their expression is. I cannot deny that I have felt them before, but interacting with others forces me to face them." For instance, she simply had to face the fact that she could not feel for Rot what she would like. This... near softness in her attitude troubled her. It felt unnatural, but in so many ways more real than any affectation she had put on.

"I could wish that he would make up his mind. Until he does so, I will have no way of knowing how to react to him and his... actions." Actions which troubled the mare almost as much as his oddity of nature. "Toku seems to be leveling out." Indeed, that young stallion was improving with time, and the example of the Protector among others.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:40 pm
"I agree. When things are unpredictable, one cannot help but use caution. It is wise to be careful about things we do not know." Rot took a moment to look around the herd, making sure everything was all right with them. All was well.

Rot turned back to Maeryn and nodded his head curtly, "Toku shows much promise. He's changed a lot from the time I first met him. I think he will serve you well. He needs a little more guidance but that will come in time. He's open to it. Strong Kalona blood runs through him."

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:12 pm
"I am encouraged by his progress. Having other Kalona about him seems to be maturing him into a more rounded individual." It was good that the herd was actually doing what it was meant to do for the Kalona in it. Maeryn flicked her tail in what was obviously a nervous habit. "There is much that is uncertain." Every once in awhile, the thought occurred to her that Rot was a particularly good example for Toku, and even Calamity. Perhaps he would be an example for... others? With her eventual goal of raising foals to become the tantamount of true Kalona, it was no real surprise that she took such things into consideration.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:04 am
"The herd is doing well with the current members it has. However, it would be nice to recruit others as there's strength in numbers. Perhaps we should look into recruiting more member in the near future? I know there was a white Kalona I saw not long ago, and a female that was black and strange looking (Kiki Kitty & Heartless). Or perhaps we will luck out and some within our herd would breed. Romance is not our race's strong point," Rot mused. Perhaps Toku would breed with one of the mares in the herd.

That brought Rot's attention on himself. He was just as capable of siring foals as was Toku. Of course, that would involving breeding. Not that he would mind the act itself but he'd like to have an idea of what his children looked like. Misery was a shade that he was not fond of and thought would look badly with his ruby red coat. Necro.. smelled atrocious. He wasn't even sure if she was a living creature. Maeryn.. well.. she seemed to have a fear of males. Or perhaps it was simply distrust. If he could choose it would be her. Strong foals, they would be. Beautiful as well. But that seemed unlikely. Perhaps Toku could be advised to breed with Misery.

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:23 am
"The black mare seems to be a suitable choice, and I think we would be well advised to approach her. I would, in any case." It was her responsibility, after all. Maeryn privately thought that Xemnas was intrigued by the strangely elegant mare that she knew only as 'Heartless'. "I have not spoken with the white Kalona, but she may be a good prospect." She was almost dancing around subjects with Rot. She did not know how to handle her behavior towards him. It was... odd. Perhaps he had simply earned her respect, but it almost seemed that she trusted him. Almost. That was... very unnerving.

"I have thought that the herd would be a good environment for foals. We seem to be having some success with Toku, and Misery to a smaller extent. They are stronger than they were before the herd formed, and I have often thought that with the right... guidance... young ones would be even stronger." She imagined them being raised to be true Kalona, with so many examples of that kind around them. "We would... be able to protect them." Was that a hint? Possibly. Maeryn was not even sure was she was thinking.  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff