Reply Debate and Discussion
Humans Vs. Animal Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Noble Protoman.exe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:46 pm
This argument has plagued many minds. Animals share traits humans do. We both live on this earth, some of us even have similar parts. But just what are we? Mankind? or animal?

Debate and discuss:
What is man?
Are we animal, or are we more than that?

Please provide proof for your answers please.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:44 pm
Animals have no soul or ability to believe like we do.  

Atarashi No Sensei

The Noble Protoman.exe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:28 pm
-Sunset Wahine-
Animals have no soul or ability to believe like we do.
I'm looking for physical differences.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:15 pm
Physically, humans are animals. We aren't plants and we aren't bacteria. THat pretty much just leaves one catagory.  

ioioouiouiouio

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:05 pm
honestly in a metaphorical sense, we are animals in the fact that, like they, we can become vicious in nature too. we hunt like they do. we have all 5 senses like they do, and then some, we have instinct like they do, and we have similar body structures like that do.

for instance:

animals and humans have:
-tail bone
-(almost all) have 5 bones on the paw/foot that would resemble a human hand.
-(almost all) have a back bone, ribs, similar organs, BLOOD like we do.

we are very much alike towards animals in many similar ways. the only true differen between them and us is:

humans look like humans, animals look like animals.

animals DONT have souls, we do, and animals cant talk LIKE we can. except maybe parrots and theres a few other exceptions.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:23 pm
Saint proves an excellent point. Animals can't talk like we do. Unless you're talking about dolphins. They have their own form of communication that's a slight complex.  

The Noble Protoman.exe

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:10 pm
SaintChaos
animals DONT have souls, we do, and animals cant talk LIKE we can. except maybe parrots and theres a few other exceptions.

Most Chinese people can't talk like I can. Doesn't mean that they aren't human.

Animals a quite capable of communicating without a totally verbal language.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:49 pm
Cometh The Inquisitor
SaintChaos

I am not touching that with a 50 foot pole. Here is a point though. 60 percent of what is said is non-verbal. 30 percent is the tone of voice. That mean that 90 percent of what is said is not comming out of your mouth.  

rftkfan

The Noble Protoman.exe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:58 pm
rftkfan
Cometh The Inquisitor
SaintChaos

I am not touching that with a 50 foot pole. Here is a point though. 60 percent of what is said is non-verbal. 30 percent is the tone of voice. That mean that 90 percent of what is said is not comming out of your mouth.
Meaning animals can talk just as we do just without all the word forming.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:52 pm

As a Christian, God made us seperatly from mammels.
Humans have the power of true choice, knowledge, and a will to seek a higher being.

Seority

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:16 pm
rftkfan

Yeah, there is more to communication than just random mixtures of sounds designated as 'words'.

The major difference between us and the rest of animalia is, as Seority has basically said, abstract thought.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:53 pm
Christian teachings state that humans have souls, animals do not, as has already been stated. Completely branching off from religion:

Some humans are animals.

What makes us human is our ability to comprehend, understand, improve, and think. Animals live (largely by instinct) and then die.

To put it quite simply (and ignoring artificial intelligence), if you're not thinking, you're not human. Bolded for emphasis:
Cometh The Inquisitor
The major difference between us and the rest of animalia is, as Seority has basically said, abstract thought.
PETA's believe that "a rat is a pig is a boy is a dog" is bull*.  

Aetherius Lamia

jamesthelittle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:47 pm
OK, you want a difference! Which would you rather have stop a bomb from exploding, a human with the brain power and training to disarm the bomb, or a dog who can only point out where the bomb is and point out that their is a bomb?
I personally will choose the human time and time again!
Animals have Fight or Flight. We as humans, because of knowlegde and understanding have more options than Fight or Flight.
Can an animal fix me a BLT without the crust and understand why? I don't think so!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:39 am
jamesthelittle
OK, you want a difference! Which would you rather have stop a bomb from exploding, a human with the brain power and training to disarm the bomb, or a dog who can only point out where the bomb is and point out that their is a bomb?
I personally will choose the human time and time again!
Animals have Fight or Flight. We as humans, because of knowlegde and understanding have more options than Fight or Flight.
Can an animal fix me a BLT without the crust and understand why? I don't think so!
ninja Thanks for that. Now I'm hungry.  

The Noble Protoman.exe

The Noble Protoman.exe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:43 am
So, on the outside it is nigh impossible to fully prove that humans aren't necessarily animals. Thus why we are commanded in Genesis to subdue the Earth, yet humans still do act like animals because they need instinct, it's not instinct in itself...

Conclusion: Humans are only animals to those who believe it. However, humans are separate from animals.  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff