Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What the ********?
  ******** morons. All of them
  THey need to get there facts thraight.
View Results

GreenSouthpaw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:03 pm
Yeah, I know we're in the thousands, I just said hundreds because... I did. But I live in Michigan...

Except, I don't think the "it could have been the next Hitler" is a justifiable reason because it's about bodily integrity and choosing when to have children. It crosses into territory I'd rather not travel when you start talking about who that 'baby' could have become, because that gets into choosing who and what your children are, like pretty or ugly or smart or athletic or something like that, and that gets risky...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:18 pm
Me too- whoops! Too late.

*Brings in the barf bags*

PROPOGANDA!

So just because we are above guilt-rides and dogshit.  

The Velveteen Violinist

misplaced_left_sock

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:49 am
GreenSouthpaw
Yeah, I know we're in the thousands, I just said hundreds because... I did. But I live in Michigan...

Except, I don't think the "it could have been the next Hitler" is a justifiable reason because it's about bodily integrity and choosing when to have children. It crosses into territory I'd rather not travel when you start talking about who that 'baby' could have become, because that gets into choosing who and what your children are, like pretty or ugly or smart or athletic or something like that, and that gets risky...

Thats not EXACTLY what i meant.
But you know it's A possibility.

..Le Chat du Noir..

*Brings in the barf bags*

PROPOGANDA!

So just because we are above guilt-rides and dogshit.

Amen.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:03 am
misplaced_left_sock
GreenSouthpaw

Thats not EXACTLY what i meant.
But you know it's A possibility.

By that logic, it's a possibility for ANY pregnant woman to be the next "Hitler's mom." Let's warn everyone that they might create the next Hitler, and therefore they should stop getting knocked up.

I don't think anyone was suggesting that you meant that, or that you meant you support genetic altering of embryos. We're just pointing out why "it could be the next Hitler" shouldn't be the basis of any argument. It leads you to weird places you probably don't want to go.

On the other hand, it's not like this is a debate thread. It seems mostly to be a "vent your rage" thread. "I'm going to ******** vomit" isn't exactly a stellar basis for an argument either. wink  

Prinsesse Maggie

xsparkledovex

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:09 am
misplaced_left_sock
Has anyone else seen those Pro life Ads on TV?
What the ********. Seriously.
Not only was the acting of that "Crying mother who regrets her abortion" ******** awful.

But yet again they were showing pictures of what aren't even fetuses.

You should see the anti-stem cell research posters they have around here:
A picture of a baby around...a year old? with the caption "please don't use me for spare parts!"
stare

http://www.irishmedicalnews.ie/articles.asp?Category=news&ArticleID=16860
rolleyes  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:29 am
adabyron
We're just pointing out why "it could be the next Hitler" shouldn't be the basis of any argument.

You are right, it shouldn't. But it's a perfectly good counter to "it could be the next Einstein" (which, frankly, to me would be a reason to abort. Do I want to give birth to a child who, among many discoveries, will make things like Hiroshima possible?).

bluewolfcub
A picture of a baby around...a year old? with the caption "please don't use me for spare parts!"

Question: do these people live in the same dimension as we do?

AnimeKoneko242
I'm for making war illegal (though, technically it is. You need permission from congress to engage).

Boy did Bush prove you wrong on that or what?

YEEEHAW!

Lord Setar
Most women don't know they're pregnant at 7 weeks gestation, unless they underwent IVF.

Not necessarily. Seven weeks is enough time to miss a period. Also, if there were obvious signs that they might be pregnant (such as unprotected sex, rape, or a condom with a hole in the tip you could stick your finger through).

I'm not doubting that MOST (ie: more than 50%) don't know. But I am sure that plenty do.  

Akhakhu

oODigital GlowOo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:45 am
I DID throw up when I saw these.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:03 am
Ugh, a person running for Tennesseee Senate is using pro-life ads AND ads promoting himself. (Damn you, Bob Corker!)

There was also an assembly in my high school where another Pro-Life homophobe guy running for Senate began his speech (Translation: Shoving of lies down druggie teenagers' throats) on how "Aborshun is wrong!!!111!!!! Homosexuality is a sin!!!!!111@~@!one".

I wanted to go, only because I felt like debating.  

Mera Hei

Timid Rogue

phantommangagirl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:14 pm
Oh, the commercials are nothing.
I live in Florida, and my bus route passes a giant billboard that has a mother on the side breast-feeding her baby, then the other side just looks like this:

ABORTION KILLS BABIES.
CHOOSE LIFE.

I have to see it every day. It's ******** scary.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:16 am
bluewolfcub
misplaced_left_sock
Has anyone else seen those Pro life Ads on TV?
What the ********. Seriously.
Not only was the acting of that "Crying mother who regrets her abortion" ******** awful.

But yet again they were showing pictures of what aren't even fetuses.

stare

*snort* when I read that I thought "well, if you die and your parents give permission, we CAN use your organs as spare parts for the living."  

MipsyKitten
Crew

Pan Twardowski

Vicious Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:36 pm
Hn. . In California, I've seen ONE pro-life billboard. . And fake clinics. I don't remember what the billboard said, all I remember was me laughing my a** off.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:39 pm
Down here in the land of Goldwater, there are no pro-life billboards or adverts on TV.

In other news, Einstein did nothing to further the atomic bomb other than hypothesizing about the release of Energy after splitting an atom. He also wrote that famous letter, but he doesn't deserve any of the blame.

He didn't build it, he didn't drop it, he didn't order it to be dropped. I dont' see anything that he did other than speculating about the release of energy from splitting an atom(which was his job).  

nobhdy

October Cross

Fluffy Conventioneer

5,300 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:27 pm
Worst bumpersticker ever:

"Equal rights for unborn women!"

...Good. Then all fetuses can be aborted reguardless of sex.  
Pro-Choice Gaians

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff